Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 19, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #27,766 of 62,616
Would love to hear more opinions on the 1more ANC TWS.
Those who bought and returned what didn't you like and was it the newer THX updated model? If you kept them tell me what you like dislike. Had mine 1 day haven't had time to play with all the time yet but am warning to the soundc which is definitely warmer than my GBUDS +

THX is just a firmware update ...mine are one of the very first and it says THX after the update to 3.62

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they seem to be hit or miss, mine are decidedly miss ...I should have left them on the very old original firmware ...they were perfect then. So something is decidedly variable??

EDIT, I got them off AliEx from 1More a touch before the official release, or they would have been back to Amazon long ago

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #27,767 of 62,616
THX is just a firmware update ...mine are one of the very first and it says THX after the update to 3.62

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they seem to be hit or miss, mine are decidedly miss ...I should have left them on the very old original firmware ...they were perfect then. So something is decidedly variable??

EDIT, I got them off AliEx from 1More a touch before the official release, or they would have been back to Amazon long ago
So what didn't you like? I read the firmware was one change but on the website they also mentioned a build date after June being part of the requirements. I wonder if there was a hardware revision as well?

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #27,768 of 62,616
Would love to hear more opinions on the 1more ANC TWS.
Those who bought and returned what didn't you like and was it the newer THX updated model? If you kept them tell me what you like dislike. Had mine 1 day haven't had time to play with all the time yet but am warning to the soundc which is definitely warmer than my GBUDS +
I like mine, they are pre-fancy schmanzy upgrades ... and they were stuck super long in covid mail .. like, ordered in Feb, received in September ... anyways, I do enjoy mine, BUT, turning on the ANC surely changes the soundsig .. feels like a bassboost ... or what we used to have in the olden days on our stereos, the 'loudness' button :) .. still, liking it. What I do NOT like is that I seem to have an ever so slight interference sound on the left side when I turn ANC on ... can be ignored with music on, but can also be annoying in more silent passages ...

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #27,769 of 62,616
I see there is a bit refreshed talk about the APP ... let me share my 2 cents ... I love those, the ANC is fantastic and how they work within the Apple ecosystem is incredible ... nowadays (i think thanks to OS upgrades) it seems to be seamlessly switching between my apple devices!
That being said, I find the soundsig too 'safe', too average ... too 'make everyone happy' ...

The Galaxy Buds Live on the other hand, they have a musical dynamic that makes me smile! and that's coming from an Apple fanboy!
I like those beans so much that I have forgiven them for dying early (right side, most likely sweat, Samsung does not sell single replacement and because of location issues I cannot invoke warranty ... ) and went ahead and bought a new pair ... (partial reason also that I can't really get anything else in my location and the GBL happen to be at a non totally crazy inflated import tax price point) .. and I am still very happy with them. The ANC is a different kind of class ... its more like 'drown out just the low rumbles' ... now when I am walking around town I can still hear all the cars, but they all sound like whispering hybrids :D

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #27,770 of 62,616
I was pretty happy with the Bomaker SiFi II thanks to their stellar passive isolation that's great for riding on my home trainer but I'm noticing some annoying driver flex in the left ear now, anyone else have that ?

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #27,771 of 62,616
I like mine, they are pre-fancy schmanzy upgrades ... and they were stuck super long in covid mail .. like, ordered in Feb, received in September ... anyways, I do enjoy mine, BUT, turning on the ANC surely changes the soundsig .. feels like a bassboost ... or what we used to have in the olden days on our stereos, the 'loudness' button :) .. still, liking it. What I do NOT like is that I seem to have an ever so slight interference sound on the left side when I turn ANC on ... can be ignored with music on, but can also be annoying in more silent passages ...
Are you on newer firmware? The initial firmware there was a difference in sound with ANCon like a bass boost. Since newer firmware there is almost no sound signature difference.

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #27,773 of 62,616
I'm having problems charging my new Galaxy Buds+. This is right out of the box. Charging them for almost 3 hours, the light from the charging case is green which means it's good but the light inside the case which indicates the charge for the buds themselves is still red. Do I have a defective set? I have yet to turn them on and try them and I'm wondering if I have to send them right back to Samsung :rolling_eyes:

Edit: Sheesh. Never mind. Literally one minute after posting this it turned green :xf_smile:

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #27,774 of 62,616
I have to admit if I could afford to buy the WF1000XM3 I would, just to see what the difference is between them and the AZ70. It helps that they are sale for $199CAD. But I just can't afford them. But I am tempted anyway lol.

The AZ70 have ruined my listening to the XB700 though, the bass in particular is just to thick on the XB700 after getting used to the AZ70. I put on the L2P and they sounded better than the XB700 but have a bit of hotness to the treble that bothers me a bit though.

I can now see my mistake thinking the firmware update of the AZ70 changed the signature. It wasn't the IEM that changed, it was me :). I have a feeling anyone who has a few TWS models might need to use the AZ70 exclusively for a while because your brain and ears need to get attuned to it because of how different it is compared to vast majority of products.

@bladefd you might want to try the cheaper Panasonic ANC model. From what I read it has a more traditional signature so it might actually sound better than AZ70 to your ears. Or just go try the WF1000XM3 as I am sure they will sound good too. Like I say, I am tempted by their drop in price too.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #27,776 of 62,616
So what didn't you like? I read the firmware was one change but on the website they also mentioned a build date after June being part of the requirements. I wonder if there was a hardware revision as well?

Switch ANC on and they sound sounds like a tin can. Well mine do anyway, but mine sounded perfect on the original 3.19, no change to sound signature AT ALL between ANC on and off ...when the YouTube fans were saying it added bass. Without ANC the 1More Stylish are pretty much the same, almost indistinguishable. I use the Stylish pretty much all the time.

...but your set might be better.

When I asked 1More in China, they said there was no hardware revision, and my set say THX (I read the blurb but still don't see it offering any benefit other than marketing BS)

Dec 19, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #27,777 of 62,616
Are you on newer firmware? The initial firmware there was a difference in sound with ANCon like a bass boost. Since newer firmware there is almost no sound signature difference.

there must be a variation somewhere because mine were perfect on 3.19 ...no loudness effect at all ...stayed just exactly the same. Now on 3.62 (THX) put ANC on and it is as iff someone switched the Loudness off.

Dec 19, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #27,778 of 62,616
Yes these are July build date. THX even mentioned on the shrink wrap of the package.

Burning in the 1 more a bit and the sound is starting to be real enjoyable. Treble much less harsh than my bud+or my L2P.
Bass is somewhere between the 2. Miss are a bit more recessed then the Samsung but the vocals feel more textured and less worry.
Soundstage feels wider too.
At 155$ Canadian and a multipurpose usb cable with 12$as a free as in from Amazon I think I might just keep these.

Was wrong about the volume. Is as loud as my Gbuds+ just different. The low end is fuller but the tenor not being as sharp make it sound like it's not as loud.

Is there a reason more people don't talk about these in this thread?

It checks all the boxes...
High quality ANC.
Aptx which seems like it's in fee earbuds than ever.
Single bud use.
Usb c and wireless charging case.
A great tuned sound which is great for all genres but still has plenty of Bass.
Great fit with multiple ear tips and comfortable.
Reasonable price. I got them for $155 CDN or 118$USD new on Amazon. This was less then I opposite for either of my other yes.

Only cons so far are:
App doesn't have is own equalization though this is THX certified so equalizing might not allow them to.

Battery life seems mediocre but I've never had ANC buds before and none are as good as my Gbuds+it L2P. From reviews these are in part with the APP and not far behind the Sony.
Mine are April but came with the THX firmware. 1More has been telling users not to worry about the build date as long as they are on the latest firmware, but many still have doubts about that they have commented that the ANC is mediocre (there's a few impressions on this thread back in September but not sure if anyone was able to compare units old and new). Either users are having different impressions of ANC or there is a difference between hardware before and after June 2020. I don't have much to compare for ANC, but I don't find it particularly strong. I think one point of Quietmax was to relieve the in-ear pressure more than actually cut out noise. The 1More doesn't block out more sounds than the Earfun Free Pro but seems "smoother" and easier in my ear. For indoor sounds the Earfun Free pros do very well cutting out a space heater but they are quite for commuting.

As for EQ, after playing around with Wavelet I have a feeling these don't respond well to EQ which may be due to the BA drivers, unless someone is able to get around clipping. If this did have an EQ then it would probably need to adaptively adjust the volume to prevent clipping.

The only concern I have with the sound right now is that I get a hunch that the left bud has more treble in some situations. I'm not sure if this is a seal or driver issue, but I've encountered it previously with many TWS and thought I received duds (this was true for the Sabbat E12 Ultra, as my friend received one that sounded fine). Each time I play and pause I can hear the audio pan side to side before settling. With over-ear headphones, I don't usually hear an imbalance like this so it could be more an issue with in-ear resonance. Ill need to do more testing but it seems if I wear the left bud after the right one, they sound more balanced than the opposite. They are quite unforgiving of "poorly" mastered tracks, including lofi tracks (like Nujabes) or anything with a vinyl hiss.

I also remain uneasy about the build quality of the buds themselves, despite the case being well-built. After removing the eartips a few times the right housing seems to creak quite a bit when pinched. I just went back to the stock-sized eartips and they seem fine now, possibly sealing tighter as the flange sometimes flips back when I remove from my ears. I think the smaller earhooks give a more secure fit but will need to do some more testing.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #27,779 of 62,616
I have to admit if I could afford to buy the WF1000XM3 I would, just to see what the difference is between them and the AZ70. It helps that they are sale for $199CAD. But I just can't afford them. But I am tempted anyway lol.

The AZ70 have ruined my listening to the XB700 though, the bass in particular is just to thick on the XB700 after getting used to the AZ70. I put on the L2P and they sounded better than the XB700 but have a bit of hotness to the treble that bothers me a bit though.

I can now see my mistake thinking the firmware update of the AZ70 changed the signature. It wasn't the IEM that changed, it was me :). I have a feeling anyone who has a few TWS models might need to use the AZ70 exclusively for a while because your brain and ears need to get attuned to it because of how different it is compared to vast majority of products.

@bladefd you might want to try the cheaper Panasonic ANC model. From what I read it has a more traditional signature so it might actually sound better than AZ70 to your ears. Or just go try the WF1000XM3 as I am sure they will sound good too. Like I say, I am tempted by their drop in price too.

Xm3 dropped to $160 here, which is actually cheapest its ever been (xm4 must be around the corner). I will probably get the xm3 to compare. Unfortunately I already sent back the AZ70 last week so I wouldn't be able to do A/B comparison to xm3. All I have are my notes and so I guess I can kind of compare the basic stuff. I know Sony has a great app. I would be able to compare it to the Sennheiser cx400bt at least.

The bulkiness and lack of aptx/ldac on xm3 kind of makes me reluctant - I have a feeling I might just end up returning. Trying to figure out if there is something else out there worth trying for under $200 that is worth trying versus the Senns - it's probably going to be hard. I really like the Sennheiser sound signature (I have the Sennheiser HD600 too that I bought a couple years ago and I really like their sound signature). I really was serious about the Nuarl 6 and M&D MW07 Go, which are right in my range under $200, but no app at all is not something I like, especially if I am spending this much for earphones.

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #27,780 of 62,616
there must be a variation somewhere because mine were perfect on 3.19 ...no loudness effect at all ...stayed just exactly the same. Now on 3.62 (THX) put ANC on and it is as iff someone switched the Loudness off.
Overall I am debating keeping these or going technics or Sony’s as both right now are 200$ Canadian or less. I love my galaxy buds plus but want ANC and maybe a bit more of a fuller sound. GBuds are a bit high at treble end .
my worry with the Sony is the fit and comfort as well as no ip rating.
worry with technics are lack of aptx or other good android Codec (have Samsung hone so can use their scalable codec) and worried about latency with videos.... as well as maybe lack of good low end for more bass heavy songs.

other options are the Bose or Sennheisers but they are each 150 or more in price over Sony.

The 1more I got for crazy low price on a short sale and were 150 Canadian or like 117USD. They tick all the boxes except I’m rating though have heard claims they are fine for sweat as I would work out with them using the anc to get rid of some elliptical noise. Wish volume was a bit louder and maybe battery life a tad longer but battery not a deal breaker.

wondering if Sony users with Samsung phones can comment on latency and sound quality and overall fit and comfort As i am leaning on buying while at this price.
Also how loud are they and how do they compare to the 1more if you have tried both?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back