Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #27,211 of 63,208
Fiil T1XS (Xiaomi)
With current 11/11 discount the price is $49 dollar.
(its the best value TWS for under $50 IF it fits you)

Fiil T1XS specs:
  • IPX5 waterproof rating (rain and sweat resistant)
  • Bluetooth 5.0 with AAC codec
  • 6 hours listening on a full charge
  • Charging case can charge earpieces fully 3 times
  • Case measures 65 mm x 30 mm x 25 mm
  • App with multiple equalizers
  • Comes with 4 sizes ear tips, 3 sizes sport-wings and USB-C cable

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #27,212 of 63,208
So my gold 75ts came in ! Nice to have some Jabras again after the Sports and 65ts that I once had and sold. I upgraded the fw of course to get the ANC feature, that was quite a trek with 3 starts required but no hiccups. The interface of the app is very sleek and the buttons have all the required features. I particularly like the option to stop music automatically when using "Hear Through", like on the Echo Buds while it's missing on the Bose. The three mode toggling ANC ON/OFF/Hear-Through, is perfect, ANC OFF is missing on the Echo Buds (only via the app or Alexa) and the Bose.
The BT auto-switching between PC and Phone is great, they should all have that.
The ANC is ok, not great, passive+active is pretty close to the "best in class" (IMHO) Echo Buds but there is more "white noise". The customization of the ANC is unique but at the end of the day it would be better to have a better performing ANC. SQ is ok, again not great, it's a bit "shrill", like the sound you get with IEMs fitted with the CP360. The bass does kick in nicely.
They might be keepers for their convenience :wink:

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #27,213 of 63,208
Fiil T1XS (Xiaomi)
With current 11/11 discount the price is $49 dollar.
(its the best value TWS for under $50 IF it fits you)

Fiil T1XS specs:
  • IPX5 waterproof rating (rain and sweat resistant)
  • Bluetooth 5.0 with AAC codec
  • 6 hours listening on a full charge
  • Charging case can charge earpieces fully 3 times
  • Case measures 65 mm x 30 mm x 25 mm
  • App with multiple equalizers
  • Comes with 4 sizes ear tips, 3 sizes sport-wings and USB-C cable

If you're in the US, Amazon (check through multiple listings at different prices) has them new for $59.99 with a 12% off coupon. When I bought them a couple weeks back it was a coupon with a speciic dollar amount, and I ended up paying $50 with no waiting for a delivery from China.

I've been shocked this 11.11 "sale" how many IEMs are more or less the same price from Amazon, but with easy returns and quick shipping. A lot of the MSRP listed during this sale have been false doubles of the actual martket rate to make the sales look better - when they are only saving you $3 to add a 2-4 week wait.

Three are some genuine deals, but I'm honestly disappointed if this was meant to be the equivalent of Black Friday.

What I'm saying holds true for the US at least, probably not so much in other countries so there is that going for them.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #27,214 of 63,208
You think Sennheiser is holding back on battery life to make the next iteration seem like more of an upgrade? Was reading reviews of other buds and they just seem to get more battery life, with ANC on even?

Nov 12, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #27,216 of 63,208
I've read that websites are predicting the new Sony XM4 "should" have LDAC, amongst a lot of other new features. Should be out sometime in January. I'll wait to see what these will be like. Still enjoying my XM3s.

I'll believe it when I see it. The lower LDAC 330 bitrate does not count. :)

Nov 12, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #27,217 of 63,208
I'll believe it when I see it. The lower LDAC 330 bitrate does not count. :)

AptxHD would just be nice as well. AptxHD would be better than LDAC at only 330.

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #27,218 of 63,208
The first JVC SQ based true wireless released under the Victor name. https://translate.google.com/transl...hones/wireless/ha-fx100t/&prev=search&pto=aue

" Victor brand's first completely wireless earphone, and at the same time, a model bearing "Tuned by VICTOR STUDIO", which is a proof that the engineers of Victor Studio, a music studio involved in the creation of works by many artists, supervised the sound quality. .. By injecting the knowledge of studio engineers into the sound design technology of JVC, it is appealing that "good sound recognized by professionals" has been realized. ...we have introduced our own acoustic design technology to the housing structure to improve sound quality. By providing a space for sound on the back of the driver unit, it is said that a wide range of sound has been realized despite its small size.

BT5.1 Class 1, SBC/AAC/AptX, true wireless stereo, 8/28 hour battery, IPX4, ambient/talk through, high performance LDS antenna. Comes with Spiral Dots and a new Spiral Dot SF will be released which are said to be the "best match upgrade for this model". Though, of course, they should include it:unamused:. Price converts to a bit below $150 at $143.
1605275623344.png

1605273469631.png

1605273440987.png

1605276302271.png

I'll chime in since I have the only $150 JVC true wireless out now. It is right at the NF Audio NA2 to NM2 level of SQ. A bit warmer than the NM2 but a smidge less resolution. With aptx right in between the two for signature and SQ. Touch control is excellent, ambient is fine but my model needs better mics. Also Class 1 LDS the reception and range are excellent until at over 30 feet you turn sideways and you can get a drop on one side that is blocked. I'd assume all the other stuff is the same as far as mics and touch but perhaps the 5.1 and new antenna are even better but still I had no issue till past 10M.

Attachments

• 1605276330044.png
    1605276330044.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #27,219 of 63,208
The 85T arrived Tuesday. I haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to them yet, but my impressions are without eq. i'm planning on doing that soon. ANC is pretty impressive. Definitely better than the MTW2, but initially i'm gonna say a hair behind the Technics AZ70. The difference between those 2 it seems is that the 85T blocks mid and high freq noises better than the AZ70, with the AZ70 doing better on the low end. On saturday i got an offer to review Bose QC earbuds and Sport models. The QC arrived last night. Initially they do have the best ANC and a really clean sound. Also surprised at the soundstage they have. Same with the 85T as well. The mids on the 85T especially lower mids seem pulled back by a good margin on default eq, and higher mids have a nice sound but seem a bit 1 dimentional compared to models like the AZ70, Bose QC earbuds, MTW 1 and 2, nuarl N6P and this last one is after eq, the JLab Epic Air Sport ANC. The bass on default 85T sounds quality. Treble in default is at a pretty low level i'd say, but they certainly aren't muddy in default sound. I'm gonna eq these now. I think they have a lot of potential. They also connect super fast.
The mids on the QC earbuds feel consistent throughout and the treble is also tuned well imo. not to rolled off, and not over done either. on the 30-40 mins i've had with them. mid bass seems a bit sloppy at times, but bass in general has pretty good texture. The QC earbuds just have a relaxed sound that seems to be up for any challenge. I'm really digging them. And they're super comfortable to wear.

Nov 13, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #27,220 of 63,208
Be careful to contextualize "Best ANC" because it doesn't mean much on its own, you could have the "best ANC" but not the "best overall (PNC+ANC) isolation", which is what matters at the end of the day. Case in point, the APP/QCB (I haven't heard the 85T) may have the "Best ANC" in the sense that they have the biggest "wow factor" (as per iJustine) when ANC is activated but the Echo Buds/MTW2/75Ts have the better overall (PNC+ANC) isolation thanks to their superiorir passive isolation, suitably complemented by the ANC (that has less of a "wow factor).

Nov 13, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #27,221 of 63,208
Be careful to contextualize "Best ANC" because it doesn't mean much on its own, you could have the "best ANC" but not the "best overall (PNC+ANC) isolation", which is what matters at the end of the day. Case in point, the APP/QCB (I haven't heard the 85T) may have the "Best ANC" in the sense that they have the biggest "wow factor" (as per iJustine) when ANC is activated but the Echo Buds/MTW2/75Ts have the better overall (PNC+ANC) isolation thanks to their superiorir passive isolation, suitably complemented by the ANC (that has less of a "wow factor).
IMHO I think everyone here can agree that sound quality is very subjective, I hope we can all realize that ANC is too. I have learned to completely disregard most opinions of ANC, especially from office or home users "I couldn't hear the AC unit". How can you tell anything about the noise cancelling properties without noise? Like being on a plane, on a mower, or at least mass transit.

Some models like APP and Sony WF-1000XM3 make it difficult to just switch between ANC off And ANC on. ALL models can sound impressive by switching between pass through and ANC on.

The Echo Buds perform well for me on an airplane, for reference the 85ts were better all the way around. I found the 75ts good but while using the tunable part of the ANC app I could not find a setting that would cancel everything, i.e. they would drown out either lows or highs but not both. I returned the 85ts for different reasons but in my brief experience with them they were better than APP, 75t, and Echo Buds.

I also really like the Galaxy Beans, I know its not a popular opinion but the entire form factor and sound has made them my daily divers. Not recommending them for noisy environments but the open ear ANC is pretty impressive to me. I bring them up because I have high hopes for a Buds version with ANC.

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #27,222 of 63,208
It's not difficult to switch between ANC ON and OFF on the APP of XM3s, it's just a tap away ? It is on the Echo Buds (app or Alexa) and it's impossible on the QCB. I'd say that ANC is little less subjective than SQ and it's easy enough to blast some YT cabin or London underground noise (with headphones over the buds it's even better) if someone wants to provide useful feedback to readers.
And yes no one wants to be comparing Heart-Through and ANC !
I guess my point was more that some TWEs like the APPs and QCBs and the 85t apparently have an "open" design so turning on the ANC will have a much bigger impact than on closed designs like the Echo Buds, MTW2s or 75Ts, but what matters is the overall isolation.

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #27,224 of 63,208
Got any headphones ? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back