Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 10, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #27,181 of 62,693
Yep, best possible TWEs for runners ! Be careful if you add foam covers like many of us have done here to improve comfort and bass response though, mine got drenched this summer and damaged one of the charging contacts. I managed to salvage it but it's a bit recessed now and charging requires some attention. Fortunately I have a back up pair !

EDIT - unfortuately the case of the V2s (USB-C charger) is not compatible with the V1s, the magnets "push them out".

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #27,182 of 62,693
Not a comment on its overall SQ (which perhaps just as a matter of taste, didn't blow me away) but seeing as it's one of its listed features I have this feedback about the FiiL T1 XS: The transparency mode is useless for its intended purpose.

I couldn't tell if it was 'on' apart from trebly sounds only (clinks and clanks) being amplified and bursting through what I was listening to.
Hearing what someone in the same room is saying to you? Not a chance, anything not distinctly high pitched or the kind of thing that usually gets through your isolation is locked out. They advertise it as being a way to have important spoken announcements piped through, this was not the case for me.

I didn't love the lack of button customization, or the deafults (I did try both types of button setting).

I know the main emphasis here is SQ, but just my 2¢ about its other features, when the SQ wasn't as stand-out as I'd expected.

I half agree. The seal is so tight it does diminish the efficacy of transparency mode. It is far better on the T1 Pro because the driver housings sit away from the ear canal (contrary to FIIL's instructions)

I agree the buttons aren't especially intuitive or responsive. A guy contacted me on instagram mentioning he couldn't get voice assistant to work at all.

Sound quality on the T1XS I found to be great but you had to position them perfectly.

After a couple of months of owning both the T1XS and the Pro, the Pro is some way ahead for me.

Nov 10, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #27,183 of 62,693
Sidenote - I have the Cleer Ally Pluses - if you are on android you can actually download the SoundID app right now and they have support for the Cleers, so not sure if the Mono's offer anything more ? ( https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid/supported-headphones -- see if your TWS is on there, I also notice Klipsch, 1MORE, Edifer etc) --- supported apps here : https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/e...alization-for-most-popular-Android-music-apps - alas no Tidal yet

I have to say though, listening with Spotify - when one listens to spotify WITHOUT soundID installed the music sounds a certain way. Once you install and calibrate the soundID app to your liking, it all feels very impressive, then you listen to the same track again when you toggle soundID off it is a TOTALLY different sound, much different from what Spotify sounded like prior to soundID's installation. Then you toggle soundID on and lo and behold it sounds better but this all very suspicious as the A/B is no longer between soundID and vanilla spotify, but between soundID and....something else that sounds obviously worse. Give it a try and let us know what you find if you feel likewise inclined ? If you force stop both spotify and soundID, then relaunch spotify you'll get back your original vanilla sound.

This makes it all very difficult to work out what it is doing relative to an app's original sound!
3 minutes ago I had no idea what SoundID was.

Now I feel like I'm missing out because none of my buds are on the supported list!

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #27,184 of 62,693
Yep, best possible TWEs for runners ! Be careful if you add foam covers like many of us have done here to improve comfort and bass response though, mine got drenched this summer and damaged one of the charging contacts. I managed to salvage it but it's a bit recessed now and charging requires some attention. Fortunately I have a back up pair !

EDIT - unfortuately the case of the V2s (USB-C charger) is not compatible with the V1s, the magnets "push them out".

Same here with the Cleer Goal. Comfort isn't any better with foams but I need to seal in more bass.

Nov 11, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #27,186 of 62,693
This is very helpful information, thankyou! Tidal ( which the app does not support )vs spotify with soundID on sounds very comparable. Vs spotify with soundID toggled off, the latter sounds weak. Disable soundID and the signatures sound comparable again. Very odd. Interesting you mention wavelet, I think I noticed similar there also. I wonder if the mere presence of the app in the audio capture pipeline simply affects sound, period, regardless if whether processing is enabled? Curious if anyone else here wants to give it a try?

G
I took a look at how Wavelet works and assume that SoundID Music works the same way. If it does then it hooks into the audio pipeline for every app that allows it to, so just having it installed could make a sonic difference. I reckon this is just a bug though as I'm sure you can do it without affecting the audio other than adding some latency.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #27,189 of 62,693
Anyone here who knows the differences between the Sabat x12 ultras with the camo colorschemes and the other version with the different stone looks and black with white specks? It seems the camo version is almost half the price of the other version but I can’t find any spec differences.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #27,190 of 62,693
Anyone done any 11.11 shopping?
thanks to COVID messing up the island mail system and lots of mail from China getting lost, AliExpress sellers only use expensive shipping options now. So, I am out this year

AEship.jpg

And those are the sellers still willing to send. A lot of stuff on my wishlist says ‘does not ship to your location’ , those searches won’t even come up anymore

Attachments

• 309F0CD3-347E-43E8-B27B-4600D4407D0E.jpeg
    309F0CD3-347E-43E8-B27B-4600D4407D0E.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #27,192 of 62,693
thanks to COVID messing up the island mail system and lots of mail from China getting lost, AliExpress sellers only use expensive shipping options now. So, I am out this year

AEship.jpg
And those are the sellers still willing to send. A lot of stuff on my wishlist says ‘does not ship to your location’ , those searches won’t even come up anymore
I've had one seller resend a package 3 times now and "stealth" extend the guarantee time, still don't have it. But yet I've had some things get here in less than a month. It's a total crapshoot. But yeah, $142 shipping is going to turn a lot of people. I didn't see many deals that were good enough to tempt me, but I guess I'll look again.

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #27,193 of 62,693
I took a look at how Wavelet works and assume that SoundID Music works the same way. If it does then it hooks into the audio pipeline for every app that allows it to, so just having it installed could make a sonic difference. I reckon this is just a bug though as I'm sure you can do it without affecting the audio other than adding some latency.

Hmm - I posted my observations and comments on their community forum and the question seems to have been deleted. Most strange. Maybe I'll see if there is a way to report this as a bug instead ?

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #27,195 of 62,693
Hmm - I posted my observations and comments on their community forum and the question seems to have been deleted. Most strange. Maybe I'll see if there is a way to report this as a bug instead ?
Never had any success in the forum either. I’ve sent them a support request at: https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The reply can be slow but has mostly been helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back