Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #26,732 of 63,208
Here’s my review: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15403547

Basically I’d say in a direct comparison, N6P have better bass texture, a bit more top end detail and realism, maybe slightly wider staging, and more separation and better timbre in the mids. The TEVIs are also fantastic and very detailed for the price, a bit smoother, less sharp in the highs, and have a bit more body in the lower mids.
Thank you. Nice long battery is a plus. If they go on sale or used for $75 maybe. Let me go read your full review. Edit. Excellent description. I think I would like them. Maybe a Black Friday sale hopefully. A fellow New Yorker till I moved to Florida in 2017. I miss my city!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #26,733 of 63,208
So Jabra 85t uses patented oval shaped tips...! And they use partially open design so it will be interesting how well they fit in the ears since we likely won't be able to use custom tips
That sounds a bit like the Bose StayFit or something like that :wink:

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #26,734 of 63,208
So, I tested my Samsung Beans on the bus yesterday. And ANC does nothing at all with the engine noise. It May be a faulty unit?

EDIT: For me the Beans are actually too small. I'm scared of dropping them when putting them in/out of my ears. :)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #26,736 of 63,208
Here’s my review: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15403547

Basically I’d say in a direct comparison, N6P have better bass texture, a bit more top end detail and realism, maybe slightly wider staging, and more separation and better timbre in the mids. The TEVIs are also fantastic and very detailed for the price, a bit smoother, less sharp in the highs, and have a bit more body in the lower mids.
I’d piggy back on this to say the Tevi’s have too much upper mids, definitely more narrow sound width, but better sub bass rumble. But the N6 sound so clean.

It’s a shame neither of them have decent EQ or they would be impossible to beat. I still need to try the N400 though.

Oct 21, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #26,737 of 63,208
I updated my Jabra 75t's to ANC last night. The upgrade took a while (when they say 15 minutes they mean it). I can detect the ANC is there, but it's hard to tell exactly how effective it is while at home at 6am :wink:
Blast some YouTube cabin noise in headphones and fit them over your 75Ts!

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #26,738 of 63,208
So, I tested my Samsung Beans on the bus yesterday. And ANC does nothing at all with the engine noise. It May be a faulty unit?

EDIT: For me the Beans are actually too small. I'm scared of dropping them when putting them in/out of my ears. :)

ANC needs very good passive isolation (either closed back on ear or iem) to provide good results. Since Beans are earbud like, all the noises just bleed through the weak ear-seal, making the ANC a bit pointless in my opinion.
So, that's not a faulty unit, thats just their design :)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #26,739 of 63,208
Charging...
E5C791EE-F1EA-4616-B408-71C4F064C5B3.jpeg
I actually had sent mine back ... they got some much hype a few months back and yes, they sound pretty nice, but i could not get a good fit with those flimsy wings .. and well, nothing about them really excited me ... guess that's a very personal quest ... everyone else seems to love them

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #26,741 of 63,208
Anyone here have experience with Samsung international warranty coverage?

Seems my work out sweat was stronger than the Galaxy Beans meager IPX2 rating, one bud is now dead! Pretty miffed about this, barely 2 months old.
Now, I looked into the warranty situation from a German perspective (where I bought it) and it says 24 months AND that I can try to get service from global partners, but those follow the local laws ... which I think might be specific to warranty times.

Now, I contacted Samsung here in Sri Lanka, so far no response. The reviews on google regarding their service center are exactly what I expected a) phone centric b) they do not honor warranty claims for items bought abroad.

Before I head over there I wanted to hear if the hive mind here has any experiences / suggestions / funny comments in that direction.

I still like those buds a LOT and start missing them ... then again .. rocking the Sony WF1000X (yes, the old ones), while typing this and oh boy, these do sound nice, as long as I am not moving too much (or expect any actual ANC :D )

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #26,742 of 63,208
I’d piggy back on this to say the Tevi’s have too much upper mids, definitely more narrow sound width, but better sub bass rumble. But the N6 sound so clean.

It’s a shame neither of them have decent EQ or they would be impossible to beat. I still need to try the N400 though.
Have you tried EQ'ing them with Wavelet app?
I found the EQ possibilities great even with the free version.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #26,743 of 63,208
ANC needs very good passive isolation (either closed back on ear or iem) to provide good results. Since Beans are earbud like, all the noises just bleed through the weak ear-seal, making the ANC a bit pointless in my opinion.
So, that's not a faulty unit, thats just their design :)
I'm totally aware of that design flaw. But I did expect at least any change. Otherwise I don't understand, why they're offering ANC at all.

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #26,744 of 63,208
I actually had sent mine back ... they got some much hype a few months back and yes, they sound pretty nice, but i could not get a good fit with those flimsy wings .. and well, nothing about them really excited me ... guess that's a very personal quest ... everyone else seems to love them
Hey Cai! I got them used for $17 free cause I had a coupon. I got small ears so they actually fit well. I felt the bass was too much on my player and used the eq and now they sound better. I think I’m getting 4hrs, but will have to check again. I have some older wired BT Mpow and really loved the SQ. I had an issue with the M30 that it would not pause or skip songs. I did a reset and phew they now work as intended.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back