Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 5, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #25,501 of 62,439
Got the Samsung Live buds this week and they fit perfectly for me and are so discreet. Did a gym run earlier today and they stayed put no issues at all.

They sound a little bass, but through my S10 Plus, they are decent enough for me to keep.

Attachments

• 20200905_141832.jpg
    20200905_141832.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 5, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #25,502 of 62,439
I bought them when they first came out. They are much much much much much much better than my—Sony XM3s, Senns MTW1, Nuarl N6 Pros. Details: Cleaner, crisper, wide sound stage, ability to handle soft and slam without sounding thin. Mine are paired with Ibasso T04s. See twister9 reviews for less expensive pairing options. I have no affiliation, just a consumer. They are also super light.
You can't compare pure TWS like N6P, XM3, MTW1, etc with IEM + Bluetooth module combo. My TRN BT20S + KZ ZSX combo blew 99% of my TWS out of the water.

Sep 5, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #25,503 of 62,439
Hey you were comparing $600 sets with $150-250 sets literally 😆
I know. That’s why I suggested the twister9 review. Less expensive pairings reviewed that still gives great sound. Also, by the time you end up buying two or three pair of $200 sets, you might as well get something great.
For convenience, I still love the “pop and bop” convenience of traditional wireless IEMs.

Sep 5, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #25,504 of 62,439
I know. That’s why I suggested the twister9 review. Less expensive pairings reviewed that still gives great sound. Also, by the time you end up buying two or three pair of $200 sets, you might as well get something great.
For convenience, I still love the “pop and bop” convenience of traditional wireless IEMs.
The bolded part doesn't work on Head-fi lol. You think you done with $3000+ headphone? Nope never lol.

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #25,505 of 62,439
Live greetings from 30.000ft where I will be trying to test out all my ANC TWS today.
On first round: this is going to be tricky. It seems airplane rumble is the first thing ANC buds have to learn and learn well. Besides the GBeans they all prove to be useful on this flight (regarding ANC, the GBeans are still lovely, but their ‘noise reduction’ and less passive isolation is just something else)

It also kinda maddens me how well the APP do ANC, while sounding annoyingly mediocre. Nothing wrong, just no ummphh, and thus is what I need on a flight.

Will share more findings later. If the satellite internet does not break vanish again ...

So far I think my fav for traveling on airplane are the Panasonic RZ500S ... best noise canceling, even beating the XM3 at least in the plane noise department. Maybe the XM3 are better with coffee shop background... sound & connection are also awesome. The only thing I wish them to fix in an update: touch lock! Every time I want to readjust the buds, I pause them.
083460DA-ED60-4C12-962B-39CD4DF337FA.jpeg
close second (regarding ANC), with a tad more dynamic / bass in their soundprofile (and overall volume, which can be an issue in planes), I’d take the Apollo... though I am still not 100% settled on the fit. Need to do some more tip rolling.
but even the Tozo & theDyplay are doing a mighty fine job.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #25,506 of 62,439
What ?! The Tozo have like...zero ANC :wink: Now they do have good passive isolation but it takes "eagle ears" to notice the difference between ANC On/Off and you can' only switch with the 20Decebel app, not from the buds (well it is off when you take it out of the case so you can toggle it once, after it's ANC/Ambient).

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #25,507 of 62,439
So far I think my fav for traveling on airplane are the Panasonic RZ500S ... best noise canceling, even beating the XM3 at least in the plane noise department. Maybe the XM3 are better with coffee shop background... sound & connection are also awesome. The only thing I wish them to fix in an update: touch lock! Every time I want to readjust the buds, I pause them.
083460DA-ED60-4C12-962B-39CD4DF337FA.jpeg
close second (regarding ANC), with a tad more dynamic / bass in their soundprofile (and overall volume, which can be an issue in planes), I’d take the Apollo...

same here, everytime I adjust the Pana (frequently given the not so perfect fit in my ear) the player pauses... argh....
agree also on the rating, Pana are (by a hair) my favorite, but the Apollo are very close :) to the point that I use them more often because they fit much better in my ears....

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #25,508 of 62,439
What ?! The Tozo have like...zero ANC :wink: Now they do have good passive isolation but it takes "eagle ears" to notice the difference between ANC On/Off and you can' only switch with the 20Decebel app, not from the buds (well it is off when you take it out of the case so you can toggle it once, after it's ANC/Ambient).
I really can't understand why I bought 20decebel. The worst pair of tws I own

Sep 5, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #25,509 of 62,439
Philips ANC...

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #25,512 of 62,439
And they stopped selling the 55's :scream:

The only pair of Taotronics I've either rated reasonably highly or don't find incredibly uncomfortable!
Whaat, I still saw it listed last week now there's nothing. How did you find it? I hope they make a successor with a brighter tuning.

Sep 6, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #25,513 of 62,439
Good for you!
Had mine for a little over a week and I can say that the buds live (and also buds+ for that matter) needs some burning in. My buds live was very bassy and treble was muffled out of the box and after a week, they are way better. I compared my burnt in one with a brand new pair of live and can tell the difference........

But in terms of treble details, the buds live is still slightly shy of the buds+, but I guess tuning is a bit difference, and the buds+ does have TWO DDs.

Also, buds+ is very sensitive to the tips used with it, so it was a great tips rolling tws set.

Got the Samsung Live buds this week and they fit perfectly for me and are so discreet. Did a gym run earlier today and they stayed put no issues at all.

They sound a little bass, but through my S10 Plus, they are decent enough for me to keep.

Sep 6, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #25,514 of 62,439
Ordered trn bt20s pro and the estimated delivery time is 10/2 so 2 months away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back