Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 3, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #25,441 of 63,227
Meanwhile, are you able to give 1 spec I'm looking for, about the Apollo Bold?

What's the diameter of the plastic canal holding the tip of the IEM?
Is is bigger or smaller than the 5.6mm of the Edifier TWSNB2?
Hi, Laethageal,
Actually I have never measured it! But I can ask our PM to do so. Will tell you once I get the answer.

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #25,443 of 63,227
Hi @assassin10000,

Yes, T400 refer to standard shape foam tips. T400 is the bore/center size. Tennmak has an improved version with a better foam and silicone like outer skin.

These are the different ones; T100, T200, T300 & T400:
PhotoGrid_1552693916130.jpg

Here's what they look like when cut shorter and used on some TWS. T200 size for the XM3 and T400 for the LP2s.
IMG_20200502_005329.jpg

Unless you already have a good cutting tool, you can just mush them flat and use a razor blade
IMG_20200320_153221.jpg

When I refer to APP tips, that means air pods pro replacement tips. I ordered some foam ones and removed the plastic center that mounts them to the oval shaped APP.

1252019877-1855143034.jpg

Once removed (peels off) they revert to round. They have a 4.5mm inner lip and 5.0mm bore, this is the small size:
IMG_20200518_162351.jpg

Also, there are now xelastec tips for the APP. I wonder if they can be de-cored and used on many TWS that need a short inner stem. Anyone try yet?

51BO-R6f9IL.jpg
513S3ZjG4sL.jpg

thanks for all your help and information, it is quite useful for such a novel person like me. Now I have already clearly understood the APP option, removing the inner part, it seems to be a good option.

Well, looks like it should work. Asked on Amazon.

Screenshot_20200902-205144.jpg

It seems to be that it is possible to use the Xelastec on the other TWS, so that it could be a good option but they are so expensive...I think I will search for other options first. I will check the availability of each suggested model here in Amazon (I would like to receive them ASAP and the delivery times from Aliexpress are quite long...) and let you know my impressions.

Thanks again @assassin10000 for your help and photos of the setup!

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #25,444 of 63,227
Haven't tried any of these gear, seems you can get 1 of the below 4 items with a purchase (with their % chances below). $48 USD seems a bit pricey for me and I haven't tried any whizzer gear. I think the last item 4 (A15 Pro) is not wireless, but do you folks think it is a worthwhile draw? Whizzer a good company for wireless stuff?
If you can try TWS from Whizzer, better buy their Coopbuds C3. They have QCC3020 with big 10mm drivers and very good sound for it's sale price ($30). For me, Whizzer is a company full of liars and I hate them, but I still like the sound of C3, i's good buds with stupid case.

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #25,445 of 63,227
Trying to finally get some IEM that fits my ear and decided to give a go to a few so I can compare what's on the market.
Seen a few on Aliexpress, but I won't be getting 6 pairs and need to lower the amount of choice :wink: I also wanted to test 1-2 higher end "known" brand, maybe the Klipsch?

20 Decebels - DualRad ANC TWS
Edifier - TWSNB2
Picun - JS6
Mpow - X3
Tronsmart - Apollo bold
Ankers - Soundcore liberty 2 pro removed from list due to hissing common issue

Which 2 of the list would you recommend trying ?
I am happy with the Apollo as well as the Tozo N9 which are pretty much the same as the 20 Decibel

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #25,446 of 63,227
Im loving my N400, they are basically the Galaxy Buds Plus but taken to a higher level.

But... ANC is next to usless and the tap/slide control dosnt work, the slide to change volume pauses my music 95/100 times.

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #25,447 of 63,227
Meanwhile, are you able to give 1 spec I'm looking for, about the Apollo Bold?

What's the diameter of the plastic canal holding the tip of the IEM?
Is is bigger or smaller than the 5.6mm of the Edifier TWSNB2?

The tips on the bold are oval. The widest on the X Axis pictured in yellow is 4.7mm, the tallest on the Y axis is 6.9mm.
53E58AB8-03E7-40F0-975F-B6FB4825E09A.jpeg

B8BC7107-EB97-45CD-AA8F-478E8070447C.jpeg

Facetune_03-09-2020-19-18-35.jpg

The way the bud is angled means it sits neatly at the angle it needs to further back within your ear to maximise the microphone usability, given its an outside mic that isn't on the end of a stem, send sound waves in the natural direction through the ear canal and not put pressure on your concha.

It means I have to use smaller tips on these than I would other earbuds that sit further back, and can't use foam tips as that would be uncomfortable - it's the total opposite design to the likes of the tozo nc9 or Spunky beats which squeeze into your concha. At first I thought what the hell are they doing?! None of my foam tips fit. Then I found foam tips that did fit, but they sounded worse.

Once I got the loupe out and saw the oval I figured out why they had designed them this way and went back to using the stock medium tips, and they are perfect. It makes them really comfortable for all day use and is a little design feature that differentiates them from the rest of the chifi crowd, as the only other buds I've seen use this design are Klipsch and I think it was Panasonic IIRC. It's a brave move by Tronsmart but there is reasoning behind it and it works well for me at least. Just don't try shoving these things into your ear canal as even if it is wide enough, it will be uncomfortable both ergonomically and audibly. Also, without the right tips, I suspect the sound bouncing around the pinnae is causing the reports of over-heavy bass.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #25,450 of 63,227
So for running you’d say X12 > Nillikin > Dyplay?
How would you rank them in terms of sound quality while also factoring in bass? I know the Dyplay is the most bass heavy out of the 3, just curious about overall sound quality.
@Caipirina

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #25,452 of 63,227
So for running you’d say X12 > Nillikin > Dyplay?
How would you rank them in terms of sound quality while also factoring in bass? I know the Dyplay is the most bass heavy out of the 3, just curious about overall sound quality.
@Caipirina
probably same ranking as you mention ... If I had to select ONE running bud, I think I'd make it the X12 ... they are not super bassy, but have quite a punch, especially for a semi open earbud style. Overall their SQ has so far impressed me more than the other two
Forgot your budget, but I keep finding the GBeans more and more interesting for running, but this will change soon again when I am back in tropical island climate and my head sweat will overwhelm the measly IPX2 of the GBeans. But soundwise I find them super engaging!

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #25,453 of 63,227
Since the delivery date got put out on the FIIL T1XS, I tested the Taotronics SoundLiberty 79 today.

Strange earbuds, avoid if you have thin ear canals. A 6mm tip wasn't enough for them, they decided to whack a thick plastic ring around it that dig into your skin giving excruciating pain. Shame.

The smart AI microphone thing was quite good though. Til you get outside.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/taotronics-soundliberty-79.24609/reviews

Sep 3, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #25,454 of 63,227
Can anyone confirm whether the English FIIL app still doesn't have ambient sound for the T1XS?

Also, there's a FIIL T1 Pro available in China with ANC.

As an aside I've been looking for an over-ear ANC headphone with Type-C charging and ambient mode. So far only the TaoTronics SoundSurge 55 and upcoming Tranya H10 fill these criteria, but I feel like the latter is priced pretty high for a budget brand.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #25,455 of 63,227
Looks like the $50 sale for the Fiil T1 XS is done, I should’ve just ordered a pair. Hell, even at $75, I’d order a pair if I knew for sure I could get them In time by the end of the month when I think I’m leaving for Turkey. Scarbir’s review showing the case being overall smaller and a cm thinner and talking about how the sound has gotten even better (not to mention how pretty they look in white) really sold me on a pair.

Amazon has the original Fiil T1 X on sale for $42 currently, which is an absolutely killer deal for anyone who doesn’t mind the bulky case. I wish the case weren’t such an issue for me, because the bang for buck is totally unbeatable.
It is still available at just under US$55 with free shipping to Singapore where I am.
my delivery date has moved to 24th October :D

But yeah under $55 for me in the UK too. I found one shop with them in Europe, think it was Spain, but shipping was £12!
It’s available for $49.99 at Gearbest and both colours still available:
1599172176972.png

https://uk.gearbest.com/bluetooth-headphones/pp_3003945257685314.html?wid=2000001#goodsDetail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back