Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 3, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #25,456 of 62,392
Can anyone confirm whether the English FIIL app still doesn't have ambient sound for the T1XS?

Also, there's a FIIL T1 Pro available in China with ANC.

As an aside I've been looking for an over-ear ANC headphone with Type-C charging and ambient mode. So far only the TaoTronics SoundSurge 55 and upcoming Tranya H10 fill these criteria, but I feel like the latter is priced pretty high for a budget brand.
I installed chinese app and with the help of gtranslate i configured them. Amazing plus, Amazing buds

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #25,457 of 62,392
The tips on the bold are oval. The widest on the X Axis pictured in yellow is 4.7mm, the tallest on the Y axis is 6.9mm.

The way the bud is angled means it sits neatly at the angle it needs to further back within your ear to maximise the microphone usability, given its an outside mic that isn't on the end of a stem, send sound waves in the natural direction through the ear canal and not put pressure on your concha.

It means I have to use smaller tips on these than I would other earbuds that sit further back, and can't use foam tips as that would be uncomfortable - it's the total opposite design to the likes of the tozo nc9 or Spunky beats which squeeze into your concha. At first I thought what the hell are they doing?! None of my foam tips fit. Then I found foam tips that did fit, but they sounded worse.

Once I got the loupe out and saw the oval I figured out why they had designed them this way and went back to using the stock medium tips, and they are perfect. It makes them really comfortable for all day use and is a little design feature that differentiates them from the rest of the chifi crowd, as the only other buds I've seen use this design are Klipsch and I think it was Panasonic IIRC. It's a brave move by Tronsmart but there is reasoning behind it and it works well for me at least. Just don't try shoving these things into your ear canal as even if it is wide enough, it will be uncomfortable both ergonomically and audibly.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for.

eems like the cheap Azally I use have some similarly shaped tip, but the oval looks like roughly 5.75mm x 7.6mm. The bigger size might be the culprit as for the pain I get wearing it so the bold being smaller might be a decent guess for me!
Sorry for the estimate size, battery on my micrometer died and I don't have any spare around. Guessed it from the reading on the ruler on it. Will get a battery tomorrow or try to hackwire it to some AAA for the fun of having it work tonight and get the real measurement :sweat_smile:

Seeing this got me wondering what was the issue with the Beoplay H5 I gave to my wife and measured the tips. They are round and under 5mm except for the lip holding the tip on. I tested them again and swapped a few tips and didn't find them as uncomfortable as I recall, but that might be due to the awful 30$ cad Azally I've been using lately. At this point I don't even know why I endured the Azally for so long.

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #25,458 of 62,392
Hey guys, looking for some new iems as I had the soundpeats true dot in the past and after awhile they stopped producing sound out of one earphone and I could never manage to get it to work. Currently the Fiil t1 xs seems like a good deal, but I was wondering if anyone had a better suggestion. My budget is around $60, I listen to both very bassy and softer music so no sound signature preference. I'd like something I could wear at the gym and make calls with, and preferably good soundstage and isolation.

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #25,459 of 62,392
Seems like I was somewhat off.
I couldn't wait and tried to somehow get the tool to work without a real battery.

The one currently hurting me is 5.87mm X 7.44mm

Please avoid laughing at the random battery/wire mess I did to get the measure tonight :wink: It worked and took 1 minute, was all I wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_223937.jpg
    IMG_20200903_223937.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200903_223950.jpg
    IMG_20200903_223950.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #25,462 of 62,392
how much is the soundpeats H1? specs looks great with 8.6mm DD + 1 Knowles BA

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #25,464 of 62,392
20200904_140844.jpg

wow, this arrived rather quick!
ordered it on 28th last month (and shipped on 31st), and today it has arrived.
time to do some testing

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #25,467 of 62,392
That was fast.

Interested in how the gain/hiss/noise floor is. Also how well it handles 120-150Ω loads if you have anything that high.

i was buying from Shopee instead of from AliExpress, it looks like Shopee has their own sending and receiving warehouse from china and my country, so the shipment was really fast and didn't have to go through usual customs.

i immediately tested it with some of the most hissy IEMs when used with the older BT20S : multi BAs and Hybrids
20200904_143613.jpg

here i tested the DM6 (which has crazy high noise floor with BT20S) and ZSX (low but noticeable noise)

I'm happy to report that even with the DM6, thry noise is barely heard.

they seems to tune the output to about the level of the older BT20, but with cleaner sounding amp than the previous version.

the highest impedanced detachable earphones i have is the old Svara L, which if I'm not mistaken would be 115 ohm. i can get regular listening level at about 75% volume, so still plenty of headroom for me personally.

what they improve for me are:
-nice soft and flexible earhooks, no more metal wires inside them. i even tried it just for laughs with my ER4XR, and it can work!
20200904_151129-01.jpeg

-the detachable connector is a nice feature. it got me thinking of just getting a good and light cable (a Linum, perhaps?) with a straight 2 pin connectors, and i can just use the BT20S Pro and that one cable interchangeably.
-the buttons now have a lighter pressure
-the case, while a bit bigger than the XM3 case, can also fit another set of IEM, a bit tight and require a bit of management, but definitely possible
20200904_152316.jpg

the only cons for me is the lack of volume controls, but otherwise I'd say this is a solid and satisfying product.
now it's time to order some more connectors! :grin:

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #25,468 of 62,392
i was buying from Shopee instead of from AliExpress, it looks like Shopee has their own sending and receiving warehouse from china and my country, so the shipment was really fast and didn't have to go through usual customs.

i immediately tested it with some of the most hissy IEMs when used with the older BT20S : multi BAs and Hybrids
20200904_143613.jpg

here i tested the DM6 (which has crazy high noise floor with BT20S) and ZSX (low but noticeable noise)

I'm happy to report that even with the DM6, thry noise is barely heard.

they seems to tune the output to about the level of the older BT20, but with cleaner sounding amp than the previous version.

the highest impedanced detachable earphones i have is the old Svara L, which if I'm not mistaken would be 115 ohm. i can get regular listening level at about 75% volume, so still plenty of headroom for me personally.

what they improve for me are:
-nice soft and flexible earhooks, no more metal wires inside them. i even tried it just for laughs with my ER4XR, and it can work!
20200904_151129-01.jpeg

-the detachable connector is a nice feature. it got me thinking of just getting a good and light cable (a Linum, perhaps?) with a straight 2 pin connectors, and i can just use the BT20S Pro and that one cable interchangeably.
-the buttons now have a lighter pressure
-the case, while a bit bigger than the XM3 case, can also fit another set of IEM, a bit tight and require a bit of management, but definitely possible
20200904_152316.jpg

the only cons for me is the lack of volume controls, but otherwise I'd say this is a solid and satisfying product.
now it's time to order some more connectors! :grin:

Thanks for the impressions!
So it isn't the same device as the TRN BT20S with the bad hiss.

I wonder would it be more cost effective to use a 2 pin to MMCX adapter such as this:
Capture.PNG

Rather than buy their $8 modular thingy. I bought these adapters at $2 for 1 pair on Aliexpress, and it works with the iBasso CF01, doesn't seem to degrade sound quality.

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #25,469 of 62,392
Also just abt to place an order and pay. Please advice your opinion about this BT20S PRO ? Is it worth to buy instead of normal TWS buds ?

now that depends on your usage scenario, though i must admid this charging case really does bridge the gap even more.

some TWS still have points on features (ANC, Ambient mode, better IPX rating, pocketability, while going the BT20S route will get you variable (and more recognizable) sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back