Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #25,216 of 62,273
I'm looking for a recommendation for TWS.

If anyone has heard the Final Audio E5000s and can recommend a TWS that gets to that sound as close as possible, I would really appreciate it. For anyone who is unfamiliar with their sound -- they have an enormous low end, lush mid-range and detailed but laid back treble. I am VERY sensitive to sibilance because of chronic jaw pain and the E5000s are the best sound for me (that I've heard). Maybe the TWS version (or something close to it) doesn't exist and I will have to compromise with one of those neckband MMCX solutions like the FiiO LC-BT2 or the ikko ARC ITB05. Anway, I would really appreciate your thoughts.

For reference: I have tried MPOW T5, Tranya T3, Enacfire E60 and Phaiser Fusion 1. My favorite has been the T5, although it doesn't have the sub bass I'm looking for.

you could try the Apollo Bold, they seem to fit nicely in your description.

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #25,218 of 62,273
I thought that they ruined the Tevi with the firmware update.

the original firmware was more Ety sounding, and they wanted it more mainstream so the newer firmwares change the signature to something more beats sounding.

Aug 24, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #25,222 of 62,273
I thought that they ruined the Tevi with the firmware update.

the original firmware was more Ety sounding, and they wanted it more mainstream so the newer firmwares change the signature to something more beats sounding.
Never updated mine. What feature did it add?

Aug 24, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #25,223 of 62,273
So I think I'm beginning to prefer the Galaxy Buds Live over my WF1000XM3. I was listening to my Buds Live last night and then switched to my WF1000XM3 and it sounded "wrong". I didn't expect that to happen. Not saying the XM3 are bad or anything. Just saying that I'm starting to get a long with the Buds Live.

I'm using the Buds Live right now and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Aug 24, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #25,224 of 62,273
Thank you. I have heard that the controls are not the most responsive. Does your pair have problems with the touch controls?
Touch controls are really good. The thing is, the noise cancellation is also really good so you can accidentally miss the buttons.

Connectivity is strong usually when it connects, but can just suddenly drop out for no reason or fail to connect to the last connected device.

Aug 24, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #25,226 of 62,273
So I think I'm beginning to prefer the Galaxy Buds Live over my WF1000XM3. I was listening to my Buds Live last night and then switched to my WF1000XM3 and it sounded "wrong". I didn't expect that to happen. Not saying the XM3 are bad or anything. Just saying that I'm starting to get a long with the Buds Live.

I'm using the Buds Live right now and I'm liking what I'm hearing.
Once you go bare, you can't go back...wait that's different topic. :thinking:

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #25,227 of 62,273
Never updated mine. What feature did it add?
In bluetooth settings: Do you have [LYPERTEK] TEVI - L/R or LYPERTEK TEVI - L/R?
If it's the latter, you're already updated.
You'll then have the latest sound signature, and can use the app. (which they deleted from Apple Store, but I did install it before it was gone... maybe it's available in the US app store?)

Edit: If your packaging looks like this, it's also updated.
1598299619253.png

1242x2688bb.jpg1242x2688b.jpg621x1344bb.jpg1242x2688.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #25,228 of 62,273
got the cp360 l\xl pack, and that did the trick for the mtw2. Seems to get a good seal with those, cant hear the desktop fan with anc on.
So its either these or the mandarines for the mtw2.

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #25,229 of 62,273
No actually I very rarely run in noisy environments, never actually, that's why the X12 work so well for me. When I ran on a treadmill last year I did wish I had TWEs with better isolation but since it's so rare it's a non-issue really...still I'll try to check out the Nilkin :wink:

The Nillkin fit like a glove but have been giving me periodic tinnitus since. Amazon removed my review too! Everything perfect except the god awful sound quality and stupidly positioned mic

Aug 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #25,230 of 62,273
The Nillkin fit like a glove but have been giving me periodic tinnitus since. Amazon removed my review too! Everything perfect except the god awful sound quality and stupidly positioned mic

I have developed mild tinnitus as well but it doesn't seem more troublesome with some IEM's or cans than others. Do you only get it from this one IEM?

Also, can Amazon remove a review just because it is critical of a product?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back