Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #25,231 of 62,538
I have developed mild tinnitus as well but it doesn't seem more troublesome with some IEM's or cans than others. Do you only get it from this one IEM?

Also, can Amazon remove a review just because it is critical of a product?

Sorry to hear that mate. I had low rumbling tinnitus for about 6 months around 2012/13...so bad I dreaded waking up. I used to dj before ear protectors were commonplace and by the time they were, it was too late, damage was done.

I don't think you ears ever really recover but you know your limits for sure. I don't really listen to much music, other than to test earbuds, and sanity check mixdowns for my best friend's releases (he's always moaning about them, diva!) But the Nillkin gave me high freq tinnitus, which never happens. Such a shame as I love everything else about them.

I've resubmitted the review, let's see what they say

Aug 24, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #25,233 of 62,538
Sorry to hear that mate. I had low rumbling tinnitus for about 6 months around 2012/13...so bad I dreaded waking up. I used to dj before ear protectors were commonplace and by the time they were, it was too late, damage was done.

I don't think you ears ever really recover but you know your limits for sure. I don't really listen to much music, other than to test earbuds, and sanity check mixdowns for my best friend's releases (he's always moaning about them, diva!) But the Nillkin gave me high freq tinnitus, which never happens. Such a shame as I love everything else about them.

I've resubmitted the review, let's see what they say

Thanks for the heads up on these, perhaps they are poorly vented etc...but it;'s good to know what may exacerbate tinnitus.

Yes, it's a bummer to be sure but I am already adjusting as mine is not severe. I listen at lower volumes and am reaching a point where I can focus on the enjoying the music rather than feel sorry for myself. :triportsad: Its all in the mind (ears?) as they say. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #25,237 of 62,538
Got the buds live. Weren't as bassy as I had expected from reading the impressions and reviews posted. Airy soundstage due to it's open design.

OOG18tH.jpg

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #25,240 of 62,538
Reading through this massive thread to catch up, but I wanted to see, which TWS earphones are considered best regardless of budget right now?

Thanks.

Aug 25, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #25,241 of 62,538
Got the buds live. Weren't as bassy as I had expected from reading the impressions and reviews posted. Airy soundstage due to it's open design.

OOG18tH.jpg
I recommend you fiddle around with the fit. Depending how they're positioned, the signature will change significantly, especially in the bass department. I ended up returning mine, however, because the touch controls were very unreliable.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #25,242 of 62,538
Lypertek Tevi vs. ASL2P

Which one has the better, more balanced and detailed sound?

Personally (from my readings coz I don't actually have the Tevis) I kinda feel like the Tevis (post-update) are probably more "technical" and the L2Ps (which I do have) are more "musical" (again, from what I imagine the Tevis to sound like anyway 🤣).

What I do also feel is that the L2P is sorta the more flexible of the two due to the awesome SC app EQ and the L2Ps own expansive sound envelope (thanks to it being practically a hybrid DD/BA).

But with zero EQ tuning (or rather, on "Soundcore Signature" EQ Preset) I'd say that the L2P can be pretty midbass heavy and a tad "mainstream" sounding (I have mine on a custom EQ).

Hence, if you don't plan on tweaking the hell out of the L2P through the EQ the Tevis is probably gonna be the better buy (though you can technically tweak the Tevis too through their app or with Wavelet/Viper4A).

IMHO anyway lol. For a more authoritative comparison, I'll wait for someone who owns both to weigh in their opinions TBH.

A tad SQ unrelated, but the fact that both lack ambient/monitor mode is a bit of a bummer however (tho the L2P's Qi charging is a nice little bonus).

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #25,244 of 62,538
I have been enjoying the sound of the Galaxy Buds Live but I too have been having fit troubles. I have found that it works best for me without any wingtip on whatsoever.
They should have gone with a matte/slightly rubberized finish over the entire exterior, similar to the finish on the new Over-Ear Sony XM4. Some of the issues I was having getting them into position, where the darn things were exceptionally slippery, not to mention fingerprints galore (on the case as well). I did like the sound, but my frustrations won over and I returned them before my window closed.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #25,245 of 62,538
They should have gone with a matte/slightly rubberized finish over the entire exterior, similar to the finish on the new Over-Ear Sony XM4. Some of the issues I was having getting them into position, where the darn things were exceptionally slippery, not to mention fingerprints galore (on the case as well). I did like the sound, but my frustrations won over and I returned them before my window closed.

Then you want the new Galaxy Buds Live Sport edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back