Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 12, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #24,676 of 62,435
They're not particularly bassy when ANC and Ambient are off, quite a few people here received them as freebies so let's see if we can get more feedback and I'm pretty sure there was at least one other comment about the SQ being altered by ANC and ambient.

Anyway I'm not planning on keeping them as the passive isolation is poor which defeats the purpose of having ANC IMHO. I've tried all the ANC TWEs and the EchoBuds are still the best for passive+ANC followed by the MTW2 and the XM3s (if you ram them in your ears so they don't fall out).

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #24,677 of 62,435
I've asked Tronsmart several times in this thread about that SQ alteration when ANC was turned on but they ignored my question so I'm not sure what to think. Other than that SQ alteration I haven't noticed any other problem.

in this case I really think you got a different fw. unfortunately I cannot suggest what to do since Tronsmart still has to release the app, expected in sept.... I'm sorry mate, that's really unfortunate, I don't have so much experience with TWS, but I can tell you these Apollo sound damn good when compared to my other "normal" cans.
as for the passive isolation, I find it quite good, but I think it depends on each own particular ear canal shape. in my case just putting the Apollo in my ears (and disabling the ANC, which is on by default) the external noise goes down significantly, I basically can hear only the low freq rumble of the AC and the like.
if you can wait, maybe with the app you'll be ble to upgrade the fw to the latest one. finger crossed :)

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #24,678 of 62,435
Hi!
Finally I will keep my Sony XM3. Based on your experience, which are the best tips for isolation and comfort?. I prefer foam over silicon, but I am looking forward to hearing your experience with Comply, SpinFit...and the best model that fits the charging case, thanks!
Hi,
¿any idea or suggestion?. My ears are a bit strange, because the ears (outside) are quite small but the inner diameter is quite large, so that I use L size in all the tips I buy, I will appreciate any suggestion, thanks!!!

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #24,679 of 62,435
Apollo bold or Sony xm3 anyone got both of them? Which one would you recommend?
Have you considered the Nuarl N6 Pro? I love them, way better sound than the XM3 in my opinion

*edit* to be fair... Although I don't like the XM3 for music (the main reason i got them obviously), they are far and away the best for call quality. I use them all the time for phone calls for work

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #24,680 of 62,435
You know, I was thinking, if someone wanted TWS with the absolute best noise cancellation/isolation, is one potential option budget CIEMs (custom-fitted IEMs) (around $150-200) paired with earhook Bluetooth adapters? I don't have CIEMs (personally would rather spend that much on headphones, esp cause I can't lose headphones and I can lose IEMs. ymmv), but I remember people saying that oftentimes, they isolate better than ANC buds, so... Especially once we see the next wave of Bluetooth IEM adapters hit, like the TRN BT20S Pro, that have charging cases, should have less hiss, etc.

TL;DR: Can we recommend budget CIEMs with BT earhook adapters (esp once next-gen adapters hit) as an alternative to ANC TWS, if the primary goal is isolation?
I'm using JH Lola's (non-custom fit) + Ear Studio and the sound is awesome. The isolation is good with Acoustune tips but not as quiet as the XM3's ANC for background noise. Planning to get some customs this year after COVID lets up so I can get impressions made

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #24,681 of 62,435
It's when you get a decent set like the Tranya T10 that it reminds you how good the Apollo are.

I've reviewed some absolute garbage these last few weeks. Finally the T10 are a very decent set of budget earphones, everything is good except the mids. I've played the entire St Ettienne Album twice just to make sure! The biggest surprise was the call quality, their microphone quality is also excellent for the money. In fact, it outperformed my previous best, the Boltune BT-BH024, in any environment other than moving outdoors. It also isolated most background noise better than the ANC Aukey crap I endured the other day.

The Tranya, at the price, are superb. I'm in a similar position to you, I want to keep them because they've obviously made an effort with them, but they're close but no cigar. Like the UGREEN Hi-Tune, I just can't see where I would use them - they aren't comfortable for long term use, I completely agree.
I've found the Tranya B530 (both versions) to have excellent call quality as well. Haven't got to test the T10s on calls yet, but if they're anything like the B530 they'll be great.

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #24,682 of 62,435
So, I received those super fake Galaxy Buds in record shipping time from AliExpress and I am no expert, but I don’t think the LEDs on the originals are THAT strong (or the plastic casing so weak)

0158C4B8-62B9-4FD5-B965-F9A74C3E9499.jpeg
They do actually work, seem to connect well, sound ok, albeit a bit muffled. And no idea yet what the battery life is like. So, kids: don’t buy fakes. Having said that, 10$ for the experience and the knowledge how detailed this copy business is these days & finally having some yellow TWS to color coordinate .. not bad.

it will not take long to see the first copy GBLbeans on AliExpress... Mark my words

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #24,683 of 62,435
So, I received those super fake Galaxy Buds in record shipping time from AliExpress and I am no expert, but I don’t think the LEDs on the originals are THAT strong (or the plastic casing so weak)

They do actually work, seem to connect well, sound ok, albeit a bit muffled. And no idea yet what the battery life is like. So, kids: don’t buy fakes. Having said that, 10$ for the experience and the knowledge how detailed this copy business is these days & finally having some yellow TWS to color coordinate .. not bad.

it will not take long to see the first copy GBLbeans on AliExpress... Mark my words
LOL... you actually did it! Honestly, I'm suprised that they actually work! I expected them to either be DOA, or be plagued with drop-outs, sound like a old radio, or something like that. I'd expect 1-2 hours maybe? And 1-2 recharges of the case? I find it really funny that the lights are like that - they look like they belong on a kid's RC car or something. Are they touch buttons or real buttons? Do they have a mic?How would you say SQ is? Roughly as good as Apple's bundled wired pods? Sorry for all the questions :p.

They actually look passable at a distance. They have the proper case letters and everything!

Aug 12, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #24,684 of 62,435

Those lights remind me of the Lystar TWS I got for $20 or so on Amazon last year! Those things will light up a dark room.

Aug 12, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #24,685 of 62,435
Hi,
¿any idea or suggestion?. My ears are a bit strange, because the ears (outside) are quite small but the inner diameter is quite large, so that I use L size in all the tips I buy, I will appreciate any suggestion, thanks!!!
The SednaEarfit Xelastec tips work very well with the XM3- great isolation and the earbuds stay in place nicely! Pricey though.

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #24,687 of 62,435
The SednaEarfit Xelastec tips work very well with the XM3- great isolation and the earbuds stay in place nicely! Pricey though.
Hi! Thanks for your help, it seems to be difficult to buy them in Spain...I have also considered buying a Nuarl N6 PRO but it is impossible... Does anyone know how buy them in Europe, Spain?
Thanks in advance.

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #24,689 of 62,435
LOL... you actually did it! Honestly, I'm suprised that they actually work! I expected them to either be DOA, or be plagued with drop-outs, sound like a old radio, or something like that. I'd expect 1-2 hours maybe? And 1-2 recharges of the case? I find it really funny that the lights are like that - they look like they belong on a kid's RC car or something. Are they touch buttons or real buttons? Do they have a mic?How would you say SQ is? Roughly as good as Apple's bundled wired pods? Sorry for all the questions :p.

They actually look passable at a distance. They have the proper case letters and everything!
Will try on a run today and then report back :wink:

those are touch buttons and so far I got them to play / pause nicely. The included booklet does not say anything about what else those buttons can do.

Aug 12, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #24,690 of 62,435
After a few days with the new Tranya T10s, I have to say I'm undecided. I think I still prefer the B530s overall. The sound quality is great with the right tips (ie Spinfit cp360). They're definitely more bass-heavy than the B530s, to the point where I have to EQ the bass down a little bit so it doesn't overwhelm vocals and guitars. I listened to some Pentatonix tonight at work while filling out paperwork and they sounded fantastic! Switched to some Foo Fighters and Three Days Grace, and they're still good, but not AS good. They're also not as comfortable for long term wear as the B530s or Gbuds+, but not the worst I've experienced by far. I'm going to keep them because they do have redeeming qualities and I want to find that perfect spot for them.

I am at 2+ weeks with the T10s, using them every day, listening while working and when running. Fortunately, b/c of the great info on this forum, all of the sub-$75 TWSs I own are at least good. I'd place the T10's at the bottom of that list, easily bested by TWSs such as the MPOW T5s, B530s and Rimors. I agree that the upper bass freqs are overwhelming and they really stifle just about all other freqs. I had a family member a/b the T10s with other TWSs and it was the same result. While certainly acceptable overall, the only really good feature of the T10s that I can see is the BT connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back