Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 11, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #24,646 of 62,457
So I checked my pair of Apollo Bold with another Android phone with both SBC and AptxHD and I can confirm the sound degradation is spectacular when ANC is turned ON, the high-end is completely muffled and the bass is boosted. TBH it's unusable for proper musical enjoyment ! I suppose I could try with my iPad but I can't see how the device could have an impact on the way ANC works on the Bold.

that's really unfortunate, maybe it's something related to a firmware version or a different hw release, could be the case to ask Tronsmart for support?.
can confirm that mine sound absolutely the same with ANC on or off.

you can connect your Apollo with aptx-HD?

maybe there are two different hw relase, these are a couple of pics of my Apollo, maybe can be useful to understand if yours differ in any way

20200811_222029.jpg

20200811_221938.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #24,647 of 62,457
Aug 11, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #24,648 of 62,457
Hi!
Finally I will keep my Sony XM3. Based on your experience, which are the best tips for isolation and comfort?. I prefer foam over silicon, but I am looking forward to hearing your experience with Comply, SpinFit...and the best model that fits the charging case, thanks!

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #24,651 of 62,457
It is awesome.
Sound quality is spectacular. It is a high end Sennheiser sound for sure.
ANC works excellent, not Bose or Sony closed back kinda excellent, but definitely much better than Airpods Pro.
Fit and comfort are awesome as well. It is not worth testing a bunch of Chinese no-name brands to see a great sound etc, and dealing with returns, purchases...
Sennheiser definitely fixed the issues they had with the 1st generation.1st gen was great in sound as well, but rest was bad, connection issues, battery issues etc. MTW2 definitely is my go to headphones right now.

Party pooper :D

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #24,654 of 62,457
So I checked my pair of Apollo Bold with another Android phone with both SBC and AptxHD and I can confirm the sound degradation is spectacular when ANC is turned ON, the high-end is completely muffled and the bass is boosted. TBH it's unusable for proper musical enjoyment ! I suppose I could try with my iPad but I can't see how the device could have an impact on the way ANC works on the Bold.
How bizarre. I just tried SBC on the worst device I could find, a Huawei Mediapad T3. It sounded perfectly fine, no obtrusive bass. I'm starting to think yours might be faulty mate

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #24,655 of 62,457
You know, I was thinking, if someone wanted TWS with the absolute best noise cancellation/isolation, is one potential option budget CIEMs (custom-fitted IEMs) (around $150-200) paired with earhook Bluetooth adapters? I don't have CIEMs (personally would rather spend that much on headphones, esp cause I can't lose headphones and I can lose IEMs. ymmv), but I remember people saying that oftentimes, they isolate better than ANC buds, so... Especially once we see the next wave of Bluetooth IEM adapters hit, like the TRN BT20S Pro, that have charging cases, should have less hiss, etc.

TL;DR: Can we recommend budget CIEMs with BT earhook adapters (esp once next-gen adapters hit) as an alternative to ANC TWS, if the primary goal is isolation?

You should try the new iBasso CF01 MMCX bluetooth adaptors - without any doubt, coupled to my hybrid IEM's, produces the best bluetooth sound I've heard yet.

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #24,656 of 62,457
You should try the new iBasso CF01 MMCX bluetooth adaptors - without any doubt, coupled to my hybrid IEM's, produces the best bluetooth sound I've heard yet.
Looks nice but id need to understand how the price is justified compared to a bt20s. Definitely a premium product. Ldac would be nice at that price.

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #24,657 of 62,457
Huh. Go figure. I stand corrected.

Interesting...I also assumed they were just replacements for the ones that are already on the Buds Live...guess I will have to dig the box back up although I really like the fit as is.

Used these for 6 calls and some gardening on my patio today and I am liking them more and more.

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #24,658 of 62,457

What's the battery life like on those per charge?

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #24,659 of 62,457
Well, there was a promotion going on Apollo Bolds, and they ticked all my checkboxes of good battery life, ANC, Ambient mode, aptX/AAC, so I couldn't resist, :L3000:
The only thing remains to be seen is the sound and call quality.

Untitled-1.jpg

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #24,660 of 62,457
Interesting...I also assumed they were just replacements for the ones that are already on the Buds Live...guess I will have to dig the box back up although I really like the fit as is.

Used these for 6 calls and some gardening on my patio today and I am liking them more and more.
It is bigger size than the one installed on the buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back