Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 9, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #24,496 of 62,176
Hi,that is incredible @Caipirina, it am surprised:

Based on all your collection and my previous post, ¿what would you recommend me?.

Thanks in advance!!!
“Best sound” is very subjective. I tested the CA Melomenia and I sent them back because I did not find the sound engaging nor worth keeping. Also, my ears are getting old ... I might not be the best judge. I do like the Sony xm3 (yes, finding the right tips is cumbersome) and the MW07 for their sound, but I also like the Bose house sound in my SSF, I enjoy bassy, warm, dark in I.e. those Apollo’s ...
Since I can’t really put my finger down nor want to decide, I end up with more TWS one could ever need :wink:
I actually tried the Nuarl last time I was in Japan and was not able to understand the hype. Could have been my ears :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #24,497 of 62,176
IF you're willing to shell out the money for the Galaxy beans, seriously that sounds so much better than Galaxy Buds live, then what about the Technics? Though the Technics might have better ANC, i'm realizing now that as a runner, the beans might give you a sound you like with a form factor better for running.

Galaxy beans and Galaxy buds live are different?

Aug 9, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #24,498 of 62,176
Hi @Caipirina, I am also getting old and moreover, I think I have had good ears...haha.

“Best sound” is very subjective. I tested the CA Melomania and I sent them back because I did not find the sound engaging nor worth keeping. Also, my ears are getting old ... I might not be the best judge. I do like the Sony xm3 (yes, finding the right tips is cumbersome) and the MW07 for their sound, but I also like the Bose house sound in my SSF, I enjoy baddy, warm, dark in I.e. those Apollo’s ...
Since I can’t really put my finger down nor want to decide, I end up with more TWS one could ever need :wink:
I actually tried the Nuarl last time I was in Japan and was not able to understand the hype. Could have been my ears :wink:

I think that if you don't think that something is "much better" in comparison with Sonys, I will keep them because the MW07 are quite expensive here in comparison with the price I paid for the Sony XM3. I totally agree about the subjectivity in sound but as you have tested them extensively, it could be quite useful for me.

All the best and I will continue reading and learning from all of you!!!

Stay safe!

Aug 9, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #24,501 of 62,176
Hi @Caipirina, I am also getting old and moreover, I think I have had good ears...haha.

I think that if you don't think that something is "much better" in comparison with Sonys, I will keep them because the MW07 are quite expensive here in comparison with the price I paid for the Sony XM3. I totally agree about the subjectivity in sound but as you have tested them extensively, it could be quite useful for me.

All the best and I will continue reading and learning from all of you!!!

Stay safe!
It does not seem like it, but I am a cheapskate: I got the xm3 from amazon warehouse and the MW07 directly from m&d with a 50% off coupon at 99.5€
and be glad you are at least in EU ... I am currently here for the summer (extended thanks to COVID) but I am expected to return soon to an island in the middle of nowhere where amazon does not deliver (at reasonable rates / times)
And who knows when I will be back in ‘civilization’ to get more toys?

Aug 9, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #24,502 of 62,176
IF you're willing to shell out the money for the Galaxy beans, seriously that sounds so much better than Galaxy Buds live, then what about the Technics? Though the Technics might have better ANC, i'm realizing now that as a runner, the beans might give you a sound you like with a form factor better for running.
Not sure I understand your post 100% .. when I said ‘beans’ I meant those bean shaped GBLive. And why not Technics? A) they are 100€ more b) the GBL have a new, exciting form factor I am really curious about. Not sure I would use them for running, but maybe sleeping...

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #24,503 of 62,176
It does not seem like it, but I am a cheapskate: I got the xm3 from amazon warehouse and the MW07 directly from m&d with a 50% off coupon at 99.5€
and be glad you are at least in EU ... I am currently here for the summer (extended thanks to COVID) but I am expected to return soon to an island in the middle of nowhere where amazon does not deliver (at reasonable rates / times)
And who knows when I will be back in ‘civilization’ to get more toys?
Hi!
I wish you all the best with COVID, I would have loved getting the MW07 but I did not read the post after it was no longer valid...I think I will stay withv the Sony until all of you would recommend anything else as the best option.

Thanks for your reply!

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #24,504 of 62,176
“Best sound” is very subjective. I tested the CA Melomenia and I sent them back because I did not find the sound engaging nor worth keeping. Also, my ears are getting old ... I might not be the best judge. I do like the Sony xm3 (yes, finding the right tips is cumbersome) and the MW07 for their sound, but I also like the Bose house sound in my SSF, I enjoy bassy, warm, dark in I.e. those Apollo’s ...
Then the gbuds live is good for you if it fit. I has warmer sound than the other gbuds. The vocal has a fair thickness making female voice fuller. It has a dipped in the upper treble, but since I can't hear pass 16khz, it really doesn't matter to me. I could increase 16khz+ to max and couldn't hear any difference :sweat_smile:. Might need to try using it while running to see if there is those thumping sound.

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #24,505 of 62,176
I do have something strange to report. So I was out walking with my toddler around the neighborhood and decided to test the GBL’s outside. My Bluetooth connection was horrible. I was passing by apartment buildings and then crossing the street in open areas where the Bluetooth signal cannot bounce off anything and the music kept fading in and out. I’m using a new 2020 iPhone SE. That’s said, I’m on iOS 14 beta so maybe that has something to do with it. I’m curious if anyone else has any issues while out and about walking. My phone was in my front left pocket facing down, Which is usually how I always carry my phone.
I have had a ton of problems with Bluetooth on iOS 14 beta three and four. Even my AirPods Pro sound overly sharp. I’ve also had a bunch of weird connectivity and balancing issues with my Apollo bolds.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #24,506 of 62,176

Think he meant that he thinks the Galaxy Buds Live (the official name) should have been officially named Galaxy Beans instead, which I believe was the codename.

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #24,507 of 62,176
NO. I"m saying i think buds live isn't a great name. Beans is catchy and unique since based on leaks they were affectionately called galaxy beans.

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #24,508 of 62,176
Then the gbuds live is good for you if it fit. I has warmer sound than the other gbuds. The vocal has a fair thickness making female voice fuller. It has a dipped in the upper treble, but since I can't hear pass 16khz, it really doesn't matter to me. I could increase 16khz+ to max and couldn't hear any difference :sweat_smile:. Might need to try using it while running to see if there is those thumping sound.
Since it does not seal like IEMs but is closer to semi-open, I'd expect that they don't thump ... i just think they look too shiny for running :) Also curious to find out a bit more how Samsung stuff now plays with Apple ... I understand there is now an extra iOS app (Long time ago I tried the Gear Icon X, but sent them back quite quickly, did not play well, could also not get a good fit ... somehow arrived (from amazon marketplace) with French as default language .. oh, and missing eartips / wings ...

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #24,509 of 62,176
Think he meant that he thinks the Galaxy Buds Live (the official name) should have been officially named Galaxy Beans instead, which I believe was the codename.
Exactly. Hey last time you used your MTW, what battery life did you get out of them? mine have went down to 2 hours and 47 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back