Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 9, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #24,511 of 62,452
Exactly. Hey last time you used your MTW, what battery life did you get out of them? mine have went down to 2 hours and 47 mins.
Ouch, that is a really short runtime I think you should contact Sennheiser if they are in warranty. I have the 2nd gen MTW and they are less than a month old yet they last only 4 hours 50 minutes with ANC off, which is way less than advertised 7 hours runtime.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #24,512 of 62,452
I have had a ton of problems with Bluetooth on iOS 14 beta three and four. Even my AirPods Pro sound overly sharp. I’ve also had a bunch of weird connectivity and balancing issues with my Apollo bolds.
Interesting, I think you're right. I just connected the GBL to my iPad pro which is still on iOS 13 and while walking around my house no dropouts. Same walk with my iPhone on iOS 14 beta, it starts to drop. Did you downgrade?

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #24,514 of 62,452
Not sure I understand your post 100% .. when I said ‘beans’ I meant those bean shaped GBLive. And why not Technics? A) they are 100€ more b) the GBL have a new, exciting form factor I am really curious about. Not sure I would use them for running, but maybe sleeping...
I know which ones you meant, i was saying the GB live is just an okay name, wish they'd just been called Galaxy beans officially. As for the Technics, i think they'd be a potentially great purchase. I just wondered if the GBL might be a preference. I based that off posts i've seen from you where you call out liking the X12 pro, Anbes 359 etc. Plust here in the states at least the GBL's are cheaper. I'll just end with what i was gonna say originally. just buy both lol.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #24,515 of 62,452
Actually just watched a guy on YT saying exactly the same ... maybe that was you? :D
Lol wasn't me, but i am working on getting a channel started.
Ouch, that is a really short runtime I think you should contact Sennheiser if they are in warranty. I have the 2nd gen MTW and they are less than a month old yet they last only 4 hours 50 minutes with ANC off, which is way less than advertised 7 hours runtime.
I would, but last time i talked to them when my case broke, the Woman i spoke with said the case wasn't covered, only the iems. And the case battery is not where it used to be either, so i'm just gonna ride it out with them. It's a bummer though, only had them for 20-21 months. i was gonna ask you what kind of battery life you were getting with ANC off, i need to do another battery drain fully this time with no ANC.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #24,516 of 62,452
I know which ones you meant, i was saying the GB live is just an okay name, wish they'd just been called Galaxy beans officially. As for the Technics, i think they'd be a potentially great purchase. I just wondered if the GBL might be a preference. I based that off posts i've seen from you where you call out liking the X12 pro, Anbes 359 etc. Plust here in the states at least the GBL's are cheaper. I'll just end with what i was gonna say originally. just buy both lol.
if we all start to call it Gbeans then it will become the "official" name here lol.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #24,517 of 62,452
I would, but last time i talked to them when my case broke, the Woman i spoke with said the case wasn't covered, only the iems. And the case battery is not where it used to be either, so i'm just gonna ride it out with them. It's a bummer though, only had them for 20-21 months. i was gonna ask you what kind of battery life you were getting with ANC off, i need to do another battery drain fully this time with no ANC.
Oh really? I thought the case was covered under warranty since it is not an accessory but rather an integral part of the earphones (such as charger). It is crazy if they don't cover the case under warranty at this price.

I get 4 hours of use with ANC ON, tested a few times already on my MTW2.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #24,518 of 62,452
Oh really? I thought the case was covered under warranty since it is not an accessory but rather an integral part of the earphones (such as charger). It is crazy if they don't cover the case under warranty at this price.

I get 4 hours of use with ANC ON, tested a few times already on my MTW2.
Yes I got 4 hrs as well, advertise 7.5 hrs is bs

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #24,519 of 62,452
Exactly. Hey last time you used your MTW, what battery life did you get out of them? mine have went down to 2 hours and 47 mins.

I haven't been able to listen for any extended period of time recently due to constantly being on calls and use my speakers more these days than IEMs but will try to test it out this week.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #24,520 of 62,452
I want to collect more wireless IEMs, but reluctant since it's like you're "renting" them for about 5 years before the lithium batteries deteriorate.
True But chi-fi more or less negates this arguement. I mean $20-50? over 2-3 years? no brainer. But $300 for 2-3 years? Umm, nah. Headphones can last virtually forever, as long as you are careful. Not battery stuff.

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #24,523 of 62,452
Aug 9, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #24,525 of 62,452
What kind of sorcery does samsung do to make the bass on a supposedly open IEM so freaking good. The more I am listening to the GBeans, the more I appreciate by the design and tuning that went into this buds. Linkin Park - Lying from You, Grimes - Venus Fly and Lorde - Glory and Gore done beautifully on the beans. And what amaze me even more is I am using my windows 10 desktop and no cracking/distortion that I always hear when using the Gbuds and Gbuds plus. The only EQ I use on my GBeans is +2dB on 10khz and +3dB on 14khz. I don't know if the EQ from Galaxy Wearable app is saved into the buds even when not connecting it to my phone or not. If it saved then I am using the "clear" EQ. ANC and ambiance is turned off. Oh and Blue Man Group - How to be a Megastar album really shows the soundstage capability of the Gbeans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back