Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 5, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #24,346 of 62,255
Argh. I hate it when buds need you to go tip-rolling :p. How big roughly is the charging case? Always wary of circular ones, cause they can bulge alot. Roughly how much battery life are you getting out of them?
From left to right is Mpow T5, Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, Tranya B530, Tranya T10, and GBuds+ with protective case. Hope that gives you a better idea of the size of the case!

Attachments

• 20200805_212818.jpg
    20200805_212818.jpg
    954.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200805_212837.jpg
    20200805_212837.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200805_212905.jpg
    20200805_212905.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 0
Aug 5, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #24,347 of 62,255
Hey Bro! Congrats on the baby!
I bought a couple of TWS and I am happy with them. The only disappointment was the Tranya T2 battery of 4hrs. Amazon said 7hrs. I kept them cause so cheap and sq is good. Did you sell off the other TWS? I see no mentions of the stuff you had last year. What’s the difference in the older ones I had and the newer B530+($30 sale) you know I really liked them, but had to return them because they didn’t pair together and never got a second pair to try. Stopped using my TWS for a long while. Anbes still going strong!
Got these to see if I like em:
Earphone Tips F FEYCH Premium Replacement Earbud Tips Memory Foam Earphone Tips Blocking Noise Foam Tips Suit for 4.5-6.3mm Nozzle in-Ear Earphones with Storage Box(Meduim, 6 Pairs, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SKW5YMH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_of2kFbECQPRWY
I still have both pairs of my B530s! I like the newer plus models with AptX more, but it's such a small difference that if you handed them to me without the case, I couldn't tell you which was which. The only way I can tell from the case is the newer model has specs in all English on the bottom of the case, and the originals had English mixed with one of the Asian script languages (I couldn't tell you which). Sound quality wise the pluses are just a tiny bit cleaner and have a little more bass oomph. But again it's not super noticeable.
I still use the Tranyas, Liberty 2 Pros, Fiil T1X, and Gbuds+ on a regular basis. Sometimes break out the Mpows and Alterola IE600 if I'm feeling something different :wink:

I look at the Tranya T2 and T3 every now and then still and put them in my cart every now and then. Just never pulled the trigger. I already have more than I can use!

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #24,348 of 62,255
does both your pamu units have really resolving treble that's borderline grating, similar to what the Sony EX1000 have? i really like the Pamu form factor and function. the bass and mids also quite nice, it's just the treble that's really fatiguing for me

Maybe you have a fit issue ?

The treble on mine is not very special, not particularly resolving neither interesting, pretty smooth and bland (?)

Maybe they changed the sound at some point (?)

I have two of them, both have the same signature, natural - slow - smooth - bassy

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #24,349 of 62,255
Maybe you have a fit issue ?

The treble on mine is not very special, not particularly resolving neither interesting, pretty smooth and bland (?)

Maybe they changed the sound at some point (?)

I have two of them, both have the same signature, natural - slow - smooth - bassy

i have seal with other tips. the stock tips also make seal, but breaks them each time i move my jaw.
the treble is resolving, but not in a particularly good term, meaning it has like a narrow frequency notch in them, but the highest treble is not cut or shelved, so not what i call smooth at all

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #24,350 of 62,255
I still have both pairs of my B530s! I like the newer plus models with AptX more, but it's such a small difference that if you handed them to me without the case, I couldn't tell you which was which. The only way I can tell from the case is the newer model has specs in all English on the bottom of the case, and the originals had English mixed with one of the Asian script languages (I couldn't tell you which). Sound quality wise the pluses are just a tiny bit cleaner and have a little more bass oomph. But again it's not super noticeable.
I still use the Tranyas, Liberty 2 Pros, Fiil T1X, and Gbuds+ on a regular basis. Sometimes break out the Mpows and Alterola IE600 if I'm feeling something different :wink:

I look at the Tranya T2 and T3 every now and then still and put them in my cart every now and then. Just never pulled the trigger. I already have more than I can use!
I was listening to the Alterola the other day. Still sound great. I rotate all my TWS. How many hours of battery you getting on the 530s? I remember getting over 8hrs. That’s awesome that they added aptx and cleaner highs. I may get them and send back the T2. I read there is a treble roll off on the T3, so I’d skip them if I were you. Look into the Lypertek Tevi if it goes on sale. Got mine used and I love em.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #24,351 of 62,255
I’m looking for a pair of wireless earbuds for working out that are under $100. I’m mostly focused on getting earbuds with great sound quality, particularly earbuds with great bass. Battery life, wireless charging and other features are lower down my list of priorities. I’m a bass-head that primarily listens to rap. Anybody got some suggestions?

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #24,352 of 62,255
I’m looking for a pair of wireless earbuds for working out that are under $100. I’m mostly focused on getting earbuds with great sound quality, particularly earbuds with great bass. Battery life, wireless charging and other features are lower down my list of priorities. I’m a bass-head that primarily listens to rap. Anybody got some suggestions?

Jabra 75t maybe?

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #24,353 of 62,255
I was listening to the Alterola the other day. Still sound great. I rotate all my TWS. How many hours of battery you getting on the 530s? I remember getting over 8hrs. That’s awesome that they added aptx and cleaner highs. I may get them and send back the T2. I read there is a treble roll off on the T3, so I’d skip them if I were you. Look into the Lypertek Tevi if it goes on sale. Got mine used and I love em.
I don't often use mine long enough to test the battery life to its fullest, but I'm pretty sure I got about 8.5 hours on my B530 originals once. Normally I use them for working out or doing outside chores, and I've never had to worry about the battery getting close to empty doing that.

Aug 6, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #24,354 of 62,255
First impressions of the Apollo Bold, just about sound, connectivity and controls. i get a great fit with the smallest stock tips, i haven't had any dropouts so far with them. how i tested BT range was first walking around my apartment. no drops or studder walking through the whole place, going into different rooms etc. Then i went down a flight of stairs and outside, my phone still on my desk. Stood right by the metal doors for a second, no studdering. walked outside about 5 feet and got the first studder but was very brief. walked around the parking lot and had some studdering here and there, but didn't have any major issues until was almost across the street from my building.
Sound, initially my thoughts are that theres a bit to much sub bass for my liking, but it isn't a constant thing, just something i notice here and there. IMO these have pretty great instrument separation and placement.
controls are not to sensitive imo, and are organized well. 1 tap on left for volume down, 1 tap on right volume up, 2 taps on either play-pause, 3 taps on either cycles between ambiant, ANC and passive, the announcement comes through only on the iem you tap and prompts only occur while cycling between the various modes. Also, music doesn't stop when switching to ambiant.
i'll share more about ANC and ambiant when i dive deeper into the sound, but so far i'm liking what i'm hearing.
:smile_phones:Thanks for your sharing!

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #24,355 of 62,255
cheap option that may fit the bill the mpow M30, The Tronsmart Apollo bold wouldn't be a bad option either, though you'd have to get it from geekbuying or AE till it's available on Amazon. The soundcore liberty 2 Pro are $129 on Amazon if you are willing to go that far, they fit better than they might look from pics. They are some serious bass monsters and also charge via USB-C and wirelessly which i know weren't highest on your priority list but they are included with this package. Plus they can be used indipendently. Even if you have a phone that doesn't support TWS plus you can always pair each individually and use them if needed. The 75T doesn't do that unfortunately. plus i can say personally when i owned them i got 8 hours out of them which is the advertised battery life. i sold them when i got the nuarl n6 Pro. I kind of regret it.

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #24,356 of 62,255

well, maybe the Apollo Bold?

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #24,357 of 62,255
My take is the BT20S is a cool product. Lots of flexibility and you can turn your higher end better sounding IEMS into tws. Where it falls flat is that power matching and hiss can be an issue. And also waterproofing. I definitely think if SQ is your primary endgame, the BT20 paired with your own iem is the way to go (assuming you can get sufficient power to drive them and don't get hiss). But TWS are much more integrated. You get ANC, touch controls, waterproofing, apps etc. I was into the BT20S for a while but I've gone back to "regular" TWS because they are more versatile and convenient and SQ is pretty damn good.
Yes SQ definitely the end game for me. I'd sacrifice most other functionality save them being wireless of course! Additionally trying to minimise the amount of devices/iem's is important also and avoiding the new toy novelty thing.

I've seen a very reasonably priced BT wire (KZ atpx HD) that uses atpX HD codec (obviously) which looks to be quite an improvement, in theory, SQ wise on previous codecs. I may try this before pulling the trigger on those FiiL t1x i had my eyes on.

Aug 6, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #24,358 of 62,255
You might consider the AKG n400 for 200 on amazon. Compared to the mw07 they are less warm and colored. Less v shaped more balanced. They are my new favorites. You can't go wrong either way. The AKG have ANC and support AAC but not aptx. The Go has no ANC, aptx but no AAC.
It's amazing that the AKG N400 doesn't have aptX when their own bluetooth cable (comes with the n5005) has aptX. Can't understand how these manufacturers think.

Aug 6, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #24,359 of 62,255
It's amazing that the AKG N400 doesn't have aptX when their own bluetooth cable (comes with the n5005) has aptX. Can't understand how these manufacturers think.

They think profit. No license fee is more profit for them. At $1000 price point there was plenty of profit on the N5005. Not as much on the N400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back