Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 3, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #24,256 of 62,217
Yeah, that's still unnecessary in my opinion, I want to be able to have the music still playing. All models with hearthrough I have used allow you to still play music while initiating it.

Interesting. I'm hearing a scratchy artifact only present when using the SBC codec. I was told by multiple users of the same issue though a few said it sounded fine. For whatever reason Samsung set a low bitpool than typical for SBC. Considering you're using a first-party Microsoft product I wonder if it is related to Bluetooth drivers and whether they can force a high bitrate. Unfortunately it sounds poor on my ASUS Zenbook Pro 15 (BT5.0, Intel drivers) and my Note 9 when using SBC.

Sadly Fiil T1X has never been listed on Amazon.ca period, except some ripoff third-party sellers. I guess I could try Amazon.com and pay the 20$ import fee... There's also Geekbuying but it's pretty slow in my experience. I ordered my Tronsmart Onyx Neo through Aliexpress and they used Geekbuying's shipping method. It took 5 days to process the order on Aliexpress (I've had other sellers ship within 2-3 days, but this one only shipped within 12 hours of the deadline), and shipping another 2 weeks via UBI (the total process should only be 10 days as with ePacket, as my other UBI order arrived in that time). When I received it, the location marked was that of Geekbuying in Ontario, even though my tracking clearly showed a direct route from China to Vancouver. Not to mention the product turned out to be defective as with nearly every other TWS I have used so far.

In the current situation I'm wondering what Aliexpress sellers still use UBI or ePacket. I see more "Standard Shipping" listings nowadays.

I just got an email about the 1MORE ColorBuds - unfortunately the 20% discount code isn't working on Amazon.ca despite my email saying it should!

If you don't mind a used pair.. https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649636284-fiil-t1x-tws/

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #24,257 of 62,217
This might be a bit of an odd observation / question, but my MW07 (classic, the ones I got with coupon for 99.50€ directly from M&D) have quite the funky scent!
Not sure if it is the case or the buds or both. It reminds me of burnt plastic / burnt electrical wiring. But everything is working fine. Anyone else had that?
Is it that ‘New’ toy smell? :wink:

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #24,258 of 62,217
Aug 3, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #24,259 of 62,217
I wonder when and where I can order the N10? All the pages I find are in Japanese or something :)

Well, convince them to become American. Then they will release first here. :)

Money shots...
https://fccid.io/NCC/CCAN20LP0710T7/zqlMD2MV080=
1596492917990.png

1596492954811.png

1596492993820.png

1596493018873.png

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #24,260 of 62,217
I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of FiiL t1x after reading Scarbir's piece and a few good things on this thread when @d3myz mentioned they're quite cool sounding and a little thin in comparison to a few other budget tws.

I returned a pair of Cambridge Melomania 1s due to them sounding too light and lacking any kind of punch for my ears. They were also far too quiet via my iphone 6 which I found very frustrating and probably didn't help with the impactfulness.

How does the the sound sig of the t1x compare with the Melo 1's? Are they as quiet/light?

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #24,261 of 62,217
Aug 3, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #24,265 of 62,217
Sorry if this has already been hashed over , but I just went though about 100 pages of the thread and couldn't find a specific review. Has anyone yet done a direct comparison of the Fill T1X and T1XS? I've had the T1x now for ages and they pretty much fulfilled everything I wanted other than ambient passthrough - they are highly isolating the way they are even without any ANC. When I happened to notice last week the T1XS I thought I'd check Scarabir, but it doesn't look like Bart has reviewed them yet?

Anyway, I just want to know if they are worth the upgrade.

Thanks!
The XS hasn't gained much coverage yet. I believe Scarbir got them, cause he said so on his Twitter like 1 month ago, but he hasn;t reviewed them yet. I would say no.From what little I've seen, the biggest thing I have seen is the case shrunk, but you can get T1Xs for somewhere between $35 (if you get a good deal) - max $50 (unless you have to pay VAT or smth). The XS is at $80. Not really worth it IMO. If it dropped to $50 or so, maybe, but only if you really like your T1X. And there aren't really any reviews yet.

Aug 3, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #24,267 of 62,217
Aug 3, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #24,268 of 62,217
This might be a bit of an odd observation / question, but my MW07 (classic, the ones I got with coupon for 99.50€ directly from M&D) have quite the funky scent!
Not sure if it is the case or the buds or both. It reminds me of burnt plastic / burnt electrical wiring. But everything is working fine. Anyone else had that?
Is it that ‘New’ toy smell? :wink:
Do you mean fresh? or burnt burnt? Considering they are acetate, it feels wrong that they smell burnt to you LOL.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #24,269 of 62,217
Just dropped to $257, shipped and sold by Amazon.
Now down to $237 on Amazon.us, sold by Sennheiser. :) Only the black version tho. https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-True-Wireless-Cancellation/dp/B085LVV8R7

Original Momentum True Wireless is down to $190 and $175, sold by Senn on Amazon.us. Exact same thing, so I have no reason why there are two different listings:
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-T...6NK94VNTG8B&psc=1&refRID=64AGW7HB66NK94VNTG8B

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-M...6NK94VNTG8B&psc=1&refRID=64AGW7HB66NK94VNTG8B

Sorry for the long form. I have no idea why, but when I try to change the text shown, the link then redirects to World Wide Stereo. So weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back