Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 3, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #24,226 of 62,497
At the moment do you guys prefer a BT adapter or TWS? I’m conflicted about which of these options would be best.

I prefer BT adapters like BT20S or BT20. YMMV, we all have our preferences and budgets.

I like that one can reuse an existing detachable IEM with these, especially if you like the sound signature of said IEM. Plus these adapters aren't too shabby in terms of sound quality, battery life and connectivity.

I generally find the wireless gear are possibly limited in lifespan with their battery life, so even if the BT adapter battery dies or there are advances in BT technology, the IEM can at least be preserved.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #24,227 of 62,497
AptX HD is set to release with the app release, right? Do you have a timeline for when you plan to make your TWSs available on Amazon US?
Hi,
We are working with Qualcomm now. Wish it will be released in September if there is no problem.
About buying on Amazon, we already shipped to US, it will be avaliable very soon.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #24,228 of 62,497
Hi,paheton70,
Thank you very much for your sharing! :fist: Tronsmart always provides the best high performance products with the cheapest price!

well, don't know about your other products, but these Apollo are definitely a good bang for the buck.
I have one request: can you please add in the (future) app a L/R balance control?

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #24,229 of 62,497
Do they connect fine with you laptop? I had a lot of issued with my Sony wf-1000xm3, mic not working or the sound from videos on laptop was stuttering.
Thought I had replied, but I might have not hit the submit button.

The Buds+ are great with a surface go/win10, and mac/catalina, but the mic wont work with old mac hardware.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #24,230 of 62,497
At the moment do you guys prefer a BT adapter or TWS? I’m conflicted about which of these options would be best.

if sound is not a variable (as preference is really subjective), I'd pick TWS for overall convenience. maybe if the BT20 Pro is released this might change, because it introduces easier carry and charging, making it really closer to true TWS

Aug 3, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #24,231 of 62,497
So I returned my 1more ANC (left one stopped working). Now looking for new best one to buy. Looking for everyday use, class and gym
1. Sony xm3
2. Airpods pro on Android?.
3. Apollo.
Should buy one now or wait for something better to come out?
Thx guys
I think the technology is mature enough so that it isn't a bad time to go ahead with any of the options above. I think they're all good options with different strengths. I have a friend who uses the APP with Android and it's his preferred option. It doesn't seem as though using the APP with Android is inconvenient (of course not as convenient as use with an iPhone) and is at least as convenient as any other true wireless earbuds.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #24,233 of 62,497
Thought I had replied, but I might have not hit the submit button.

The Buds+ are great with a surface go/win10, and mac/catalina, but the mic wont work with old mac hardware.

Hope that helps.
I've had a rather poor experience with music playback on my Win10 laptop and when using SBC on Android. So you're saying it sounds good on Surface Go?

Can you confirm it with this track (pay attention to the "airy" vocal synth in the song intro).

I used the Buds+ the other day for a zoom call and the recipient thought it sounded quite faint even though I maxxed the volume. Note that I do have a fan open and used "ambient sound for calls".

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #24,234 of 62,497
I can confirm that the SiFi II case is the dumbest case ever designed for TWS enthusiasts. If the replacement eartip is the slightest bit deeper or wider than the largest stock eartip, the earbud will not charge and the case won't close. The cutout literally does not allow for any extra room. I couldn't get the SiFi II to fit correctly in my ear with the stock tips. I was able to get them work well with some other tips I had, but then it wouldn't fit in the case. I returned the SiFi II. Don't bother with these if you want to use other tips.
Wow, that's a shame. I was considering getting them when they went on sale on Amazon.ca, but I guess not now that the sale has ended and we are going into a new week with no good TWS deals (it seems to alter every 1-2 weeks between many good TWS on sale and meh BT devices)

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #24,235 of 62,497
A bit disappointing that it stops music. Doesn't seem as seamless as other implementations.

Can someone confirm that Bomaker SiFi II case doesn't work with standard IEM eartips (like Audio-Technica)? What about Galaxy Buds+ eartips?

I'm using AT tips on my Sabbat E12 Ultra now - it is much better seal and fit than the stock tips but can still get loose. The bass also sounds more boomy and warm with these tips, hard to get used to after using the Galaxy Buds+ for so long. Currently they're my PC go-to, wondering if there's a Wavelet equivalent on PC.
I don't think it's saying that hear-through stops the music. I think it's saying that you have to start/stop hear-through with music stopped, but then you can play music with it on. It will auto-stop if you answer/make a call.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #24,236 of 62,497
I've had a rather poor experience with music playback on my Win10 laptop and when using SBC on Android. So you're saying it sounds good on Surface Go?

Can you confirm it with this track (pay attention to the "airy" vocal synth in the song intro).

I used the Buds+ the other day for a zoom call and the recipient thought it sounded quite faint even though I maxxed the volume. Note that I do have a fan open and used "ambient sound for calls".

Sounds fine. The Buds+ are quieter than my wired IEMs, so had to turn the volume up a little.

Switching between the Buds+ and wired IEMs I can hear all the instruments. The sound signature is different, but my wired IEMs cost more so that’s to be expected.

I use the Buds+ daily on Zoom call and no complaints from my colleagues.

I use as a test also, the Buds+ are a tad too bassy, compared to my wired IEMs, but produce a nice sound.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #24,237 of 62,497
I think the technology is mature enough so that it isn't a bad time to go ahead with any of the options above. I think they're all good options with different strengths. I have a friend who uses the APP with Android and it's his preferred option. It doesn't seem as though using the APP with Android is inconvenient (of course not as convenient as use with an iPhone) and is at least as convenient as any other true wireless earbuds.
I have an APP with Android and also use it with several Apple devices. The APP does work with Android about as well as any other TWS without an Android application. It is pretty stable for me using the current 2D27 version of the APP software, which is something it hasn't always been on Android...

However, you will be missing several "nice to have" parts of the APP experience and several more interesting features coming in iOS 14 such as automatic switching between devices. I'm not sure how critical they will be for you but it is definitely a more sparse experience on Android.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #24,238 of 62,497
I have an APP with Android and also use it with several Apple devices. The APP does work with Android about as well as any other TWS without an Android application. It is pretty stable for me using the current 2D27 version of the APP software, which is something it hasn't always been on Android...

However, you will be missing several "nice to have" parts of the APP experience and several more interesting features coming in iOS 14 such as automatic switching between devices. I'm not sure how critical they will be for you but it is definitely a more sparse experience on Android.
Tried my girls APP with my S20ultra, seems to be working fine, just not liking the sound I'm getting out of then, bass seem to be lack luster, will try XM3 soon. Cheers for your help man.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #24,239 of 62,497
Hi all, good thread here...

I have a question: can anyone recommend a 'AirPod-like' bluetooth earbud that supports aptx? I'd prefer something that doesn't seal, and I'm having a hard time in my searching. Thanks!
Tronsmart Onyx Ace come to mind. Currently limited time deal on Amazon De, if you are in EU

have not listened to them myself though
Can’t vouch for SQ. My experience with Tronsmart has been positive so far.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #24,240 of 62,497
Oooh, new Tozo NC9/20Decibel clone? Scarbir just reviewed the Taotronics Soundliberty 94. Better than the Tozo NC9, and full controls compared to the 20Decibel. Invisible online, the only references were Scarbir and his link to them on Amazon Germany. Maybe cause he's in the Netherlands, he was able to get them? Not even on the Taotronics website yet.
Wow, that was not easy to find :wink: Scarbir rolled it all into one review. And on amazon.de the designation Taotronics Soundliberty 94 is missing, it’s called the TT-BH094 DE ...
I actually came across them about a week ago, but only someone with Bartig’s huge arsenal of buds can realize that those are clones ..,
If they really sound the same. I still wonder if I would rather get the Tozo for 60€ over the TaoTronics for 80€. While ambient mode is cool, I rarely use it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back