Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #24,241 of 62,532
At the moment do you guys prefer a BT adapter or TWS? I’m conflicted about which of these options would be best.

I'm mixed. I have TWS for convenience in phone calls, around the house and mowing the lawn listening. But use the HB1 for listening with my favorite IEMs while still being on the go.
Really only use the HB1 for workout and cycling but they work very good for just that.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #24,242 of 62,532
I can confirm that the SiFi II case is the dumbest case ever designed for TWS enthusiasts. If the replacement eartip is the slightest bit deeper or wider than the largest stock eartip, the earbud will not charge and the case won't close. The cutout literally does not allow for any extra room. I couldn't get the SiFi II to fit correctly in my ear with the stock tips. I was able to get them work well with some other tips I had, but then it wouldn't fit in the case. I returned the SiFi II. Don't bother with these if you want to use other tips.
Do you know if any Complys or any other kind of foam tips fit?

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #24,244 of 62,532
I can confirm that the SiFi II case is the dumbest case ever designed for TWS enthusiasts. If the replacement eartip is the slightest bit deeper or wider than the largest stock eartip, the earbud will not charge and the case won't close. The cutout literally does not allow for any extra room. I couldn't get the SiFi II to fit correctly in my ear with the stock tips. I was able to get them work well with some other tips I had, but then it wouldn't fit in the case. I returned the SiFi II. Don't bother with these if you want to use other tips.
Actually, the dumbest case would be the Enacfire E60s :). The case is very tiny, which is nice, but the largest stock tips are still TINY. I mean, the largest size would prob be like a small irl, and the small stock tips can only fit a baby :p.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #24,246 of 62,532
At the moment do you guys prefer a BT adapter or TWS? I’m conflicted about which of these options would be best.
Gonna say neither is better, it depends on your use case. If you are fine with the over-ear earhooks, the fact that no released model has a charging case (yet) doesn't bother you, and maybe you already have some good IEMs etc etc then adapters are probably better. I don;t have any really high-end IEMs, and I don't wanna put up with no charging case and the earhook design, so I go with TWS, but, if, say, the tech evolves to a point where the adapter part is tiny enough that you don't have an ear-hook design (which will probably never happen, we'll be beyond BT by that point), or I get a really high-end pair of IEMs, then count me in.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #24,248 of 62,532
Wow, that's a shame. I was considering getting them when they went on sale on Amazon.ca, but I guess not now that the sale has ended and we are going into a new week with no good TWS deals (it seems to alter every 1-2 weeks between many good TWS on sale and meh BT devices)
Welp, Fiil T1Xs are/were down on Amazon US by a few bucks, might be worth checking if that is happening on Amazon.ca

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #24,249 of 62,532
I have an APP with Android and also use it with several Apple devices. The APP does work with Android about as well as any other TWS without an Android application. It is pretty stable for me using the current 2D27 version of the APP software, which is something it hasn't always been on Android...

However, you will be missing several "nice to have" parts of the APP experience and several more interesting features coming in iOS 14 such as automatic switching between devices. I'm not sure how critical they will be for you but it is definitely a more sparse experience on Android.
Right, they just are like other TWSs without any special integrations or anything.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #24,250 of 62,532
Wow, that was not easy to find :wink: Scarbir rolled it all into one review. And on amazon.de the designation Taotronics Soundliberty 94 is missing, it’s called the TT-BH094 DE ...
I actually came across them about a week ago, but only someone with Bartig’s huge arsenal of buds can realize that those are clones ..,
If they really sound the same. I still wonder if I would rather get the Tozo for 60€ over the TaoTronics for 80€. While ambient mode is cool, I rarely use it.
Right? No other references to them online. Oh, and @Bartig, if you see this, the title of your Tozo NC9/20Decibel review wasn't updated to include the Taotronics Libertysound 94. People probably won't notice that there is a new clone in town.

I would go for the Tozo NC9 as well, but if the two were priced the same, I would likely go for the TaoTronics because they have full controls (to turn off ANC on the NC9, you have to put them back in the case first). I'm not sure if they actually have BT 5.1, cause the other two versions don't. Even if theydo, it's kinda useless. It isn't like BT 5.0, which increased range and connection strength comapred to 4.1, and all that - as far as I know, 5.1 just reduces battery consumption when trying to pair, and it is supposed to pair a bit faster. I don't know if the source device must also have 5.1 for these changes to work.

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #24,252 of 62,532
They are relatively new, and we generally don't see great discounts on Senn products anyway, I think.
Just dropped to $257, shipped and sold by Amazon.

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #24,253 of 62,532
Yes, so many terms. I do distinguish based on how you can use it. Just like with my JVC the tips are ambient tips and the pass through mode is just to talk to someone for a bit and even though I can adjust the volume I would use the tips for ambient situations long term whole time listening. The mics on isn't the way to go if you want awareness on a run. The mics give the wind and plenty of unwanted stuff.

On another note I did comes across this while browsing. About the N10 Pro.

" The N6 Pro uses a "SWCNT composite diaphragm" in which two vibrating membranes, single-walled carbon nanotubes and PEEK, are vacuum deposited and bonded together, but the N10 Pro uses a further advanced driver." Some speculated it is just the N6 Pro driver but it is actually an improved version. They released a new earphone the NX1 with a driver called... NUARL DRIVE[N10]v5X, a 10mm dynamic driver developed by the company, featuring a single-walled carbon nanotube composite diaphragm, a 7N-grade OCC voice coil, and a dual magnetic circuit with neodymium magnets inside and outside the voice coil. Not sure if it the same driver in the N10 Pro. They do want $330 for that new earphone.
I wonder when and where I can order the N10? All the pages I find are in Japanese or something :)

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #24,254 of 62,532
I don't think it's saying that hear-through stops the music. I think it's saying that you have to start/stop hear-through with music stopped, but then you can play music with it on. It will auto-stop if you answer/make a call.
Yeah, that's still unnecessary in my opinion, I want to be able to have the music still playing. All models with hearthrough I have used allow you to still play music while initiating it.

Sounds fine. The Buds+ are quieter than my wired IEMs, so had to turn the volume up a little.

Switching between the Buds+ and wired IEMs I can hear all the instruments. The sound signature is different, but my wired IEMs cost more so that’s to be expected.

I use the Buds+ daily on Zoom call and no complaints from my colleagues.

I use as a test also, the Buds+ are a tad too bassy, compared to my wired IEMs, but produce a nice sound.

Interesting. I'm hearing a scratchy artifact only present when using the SBC codec. I was told by multiple users of the same issue though a few said it sounded fine. For whatever reason Samsung set a low bitpool than typical for SBC. Considering you're using a first-party Microsoft product I wonder if it is related to Bluetooth drivers and whether they can force a high bitrate. Unfortunately it sounds poor on my ASUS Zenbook Pro 15 (BT5.0, Intel drivers) and my Note 9 when using SBC.

Welp, Fiil T1Xs are/were down on Amazon US by a few bucks, might be worth checking if that is happening on Amazon.ca
Sadly Fiil T1X has never been listed on Amazon.ca period, except some ripoff third-party sellers. I guess I could try Amazon.com and pay the 20$ import fee... There's also Geekbuying but it's pretty slow in my experience. I ordered my Tronsmart Onyx Neo through Aliexpress and they used Geekbuying's shipping method. It took 5 days to process the order on Aliexpress (I've had other sellers ship within 2-3 days, but this one only shipped within 12 hours of the deadline), and shipping another 2 weeks via UBI (the total process should only be 10 days as with ePacket, as my other UBI order arrived in that time). When I received it, the location marked was that of Geekbuying in Ontario, even though my tracking clearly showed a direct route from China to Vancouver. Not to mention the product turned out to be defective as with nearly every other TWS I have used so far.

In the current situation I'm wondering what Aliexpress sellers still use UBI or ePacket. I see more "Standard Shipping" listings nowadays.

I just got an email about the 1MORE ColorBuds - unfortunately the 20% discount code isn't working on Amazon.ca despite my email saying it should!

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #24,255 of 62,532
Sorry if this has already been hashed over , but I just went though about 100 pages of the thread and couldn't find a specific review. Has anyone yet done a direct comparison of the Fill T1X and T1XS? I've had the T1x now for ages and they pretty much fulfilled everything I wanted other than ambient passthrough - they are highly isolating the way they are even without any ANC. When I happened to notice last week the T1XS I thought I'd check Scarabir, but it doesn't look like Bart has reviewed them yet?

Anyway, I just want to know if they are worth the upgrade.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back