Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 17, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #23,596 of 62,305
So, what's the impressions of N400 with SBC codec? To me this is the big make or break...

Unfortunately graphs don't tell the whole story.

How close they measure does have me hesitant to pull the trigger on them.

Would have been helpful if firmware date is noted. Regardless of EQ settings, the bass seems boosted and treble slightly less harsh after the updates in April/May.

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #23,597 of 62,305
So, what's the impressions of N400 with SBC codec? To me this is the big make or break...

Would have been helpful if firmware date is noted. Regardless of EQ settings, the bass seems boosted and treble slightly less harsh after the updates in April/May.

Crinacle's Buds+ graph is from mid February. I had them in May/June after the updates.

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #23,601 of 62,305
£20 off on amazon.co.uk
And 0€ on Amazon FR !

Anyone compared the ANC on these with the Tozo NC9 ? Can't be worse in any case :wink:

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #23,603 of 62,305
You've lost me, the Tronsmart Apollo Bold does have ANC !

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #23,605 of 62,305
Ah yes, ok, let's see how that goes :wink: Need to find some reviews in the meantime :wink:

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #23,606 of 62,305
I'm wondering since we are talking about the Tronsmart bold Anc

I've looked into them and according to their FCC number 2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD. They fall under the Cleer Ally plus

with the same QCC chip, battery life and similar case (https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD/4803745) according to the letter presented

I'm wondering if the Tronsmart isn't simply a rename of the product for the International Market or did Tronsmart modify something in the sound tuning or add more functions (more mics for ex) (besides the app). The Cleer ally plus websites don't mention anything about how many microphones are inside the earpiece. They surely look the same.

If someone with more knowledge can look into it, but my hypothesis is that the Apollo Bold is the rebranding of the Cleer Ally Plus

The 233621 Zen ANC is also the same specs

Jul 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #23,607 of 62,305
Hey guys. Hopefully this is not off-topic for this thread. I can't really read the 1.5k posts, most of it goes way over my head! I am looking into wireless IEMs for gym use as well as general use (home, commute, etc)..

I would like something with neutral sound, not bass heavy. I like the sound of my ATH-M40x in that regard. Any recommendations? I was looking into the Cambridge Melomania 1, but if I could find something cheaper, it would be nice.

EDIT: Availability on an EU amazon is also a must!

EDIT2: I am now thinking of the enacfire e60..

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #23,608 of 62,305
I would only order from them if you really don't need it anytime soon. I've had multiple shipments held because "[c]ustomer hasn't pay off related fees". I have an SF Express package on the way to the US which I ordered from Linsoul on Amazon on 6/23. It just got on a plane today...for this current package, they marked it shipped two days before they actually shipped it (turned out they were closed for.a holiday so there was no way it could have shipped that day...at least they are honest about it). I will say that Linsoul has been very responsive to emails though.
Where is your package now? I ordered Astrotech S90 Pros from Linsoul on June 12, didn't ship until July 1. As of today, SF Express says my package is through customs and in transit to Salt Lake City. Suffice to say, I'm on the other side of the country from SLC, so I'm hoping that's just a stop-over and not the final destination, which would mean I have the wrong tracking number entirely. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #23,610 of 62,305
I'm wondering since we are talking about the Tronsmart bold Anc

I've looked into them and according to their FCC number 2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD. They fall under the Cleer Ally plus

with the same QCC chip, battery life and similar case (https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD/4803745) according to the letter presented

I'm wondering if the Tronsmart isn't simply a rename of the product for the International Market or did Tronsmart modify something in the sound tuning or add more functions (more mics for ex) (besides the app). The Cleer ally plus websites don't mention anything about how many microphones are inside the earpiece. They surely look the same.

If someone with more knowledge can look into it, but my hypothesis is that the Apollo Bold is the rebranding of the Cleer Ally Plus

The 233621 Zen ANC is also the same specs
It's definitely a rebrand of of the Ally Plus, according to that FCC filing, unless it's fraudulent (not likely). Couple options: Cleer lost exclusive use of the ODM product, or just lost it outside the US. Perhaps they only had temporary exclusive rights, or they opted not to maintain them. I don't know who the ODM is, so it also could be that Cleer licensed the design to Shenzen Geekbuy outfit as a third party. This is not a case of a rogue ODM taking Cleer's design/product and selling it to another brand, unless the second page of that letter, purporting to be from Cleer, is fraudulent. More likely there's something in the licensing agreements that permits this.

Would be interested in a side-by-side comparison, as they could still have different tuning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back