Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 16, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #23,566 of 62,627
received my MW07 "classic" (no plus, no go) today, and at 99€ I am happy as a clam from the first 15 minutes of listening. Still at XL stock tips and large wing thing, I can only imagine that some tip rolling might improve the experience. Very impressed with detail / clarity / imaging. That sense of 'has this always been in this song'? discoveries.
Not sure though if I would have ever paid 299$ for this, no matter how pretty they look :D
but maybe I should look into the Plus / Go options again (in a year or so :D)

Jul 16, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #23,568 of 62,627
Bomaker sifi 2 on Amazon UK for £28.99 don't mind if I do. Hopefully as good as the original.

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #23,570 of 62,627
Apparently sifi2 doesn't support APTX whereas the first version did. I'm looking for a pair of cheapish but decent sounding buds and it's a minefield!
Tronsmart Spunky Beats come to mind. My fav budget buds ever since the Anbes 359 and now the SiFi 1 are not available (hard to get?) anymore. Plus they have AptX and I actually end up using that tiny built in USB-A cable from time to time, charging directly from laptop. The touch fields are a tad finicky, I to not re-adjust the buds as that would pretty certainly pause my music

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #23,571 of 62,627
Got my replacement AKG N400's. Man, they are just awesome. IMO, way better than the Sennies. Swipes work better than the first pair, which came opened as if used already. This new pair were sealed. So far, so good. Love that it's a Qi charging case. If you can try them and have Amazon Prime, you should.

Do they sound to your ears better than the Sony XM3s or the Nural Pros. I’m tempted, but the Nural Pros are my favorite sonically. Just no ANC, but I like the sound signature and form factor.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #23,572 of 62,627
Need help identifying those wings (sizes) for the M30 ... I wonder if they did a mistake. Besides the pair that was on the set (bottom), I got 2 more pairs (two top rows) ... ideally that should be S, M, L, no? But to me it looks like S, M & another M! I wish there was one bigger size. The bottom 2 pairs look and feel identical to me ...

59C75349-D596-4A89-95E6-450CF43B5808.jpeg
Somehow the picture got rotated against my will. Bottom is now right side :wink:

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #23,573 of 62,627
Here are my overall favs right now. Keep in mind that The only TWS' that I EQ are ones that have apps. L2pro, XM3's and the FIIL.

1. Sony WF-1000xm3
2. Liberty 2 Pro
3. SSK BT-03
3. Anbes 359
3. Earfun Free
4. Fiil T1x
5. Tranya BT530
6. MW07
7. Lystar J29
8. Tranya T3
8. MPOW M5
9. Chisana C1L
10. 1More Stylish (with some EQing of the highs) could be ranked higher.
10. Apanage T20

Honorable Mentions QCY T1S, it's been a while since I listened to them and some I didnt' keep. Tevi, Bomaker Sifi, Backbay Duet 50, Kanoe, Tranya T1.
How are those Apanage T20? I see they have AptX and they sell currently at 18€ over by the river people :wink:

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #23,574 of 62,627
Do they sound to your ears better than the Sony XM3s or the Nural Pros. I’m tempted, but the Nural Pros are my favorite sonically. Just no ANC, but I like the sound signature and form factor.

Thanks!
I've not tried the Nuarls but I have the MTW2s, Sony WFs and the n400s. The AKGs are more musical than the Sonys and come very close to the Senns. The WFs certainly are no slouch, but vocals are more present on the AKGs. Senn bass can be a bit much (tho the warmer sound signature makes for very pleasant listening) and the AKGs pull it back a bit which gives it a nice clean sound. There is bass punch when needed, it's just not as warm as the MTW2s.

I'm running the Senns and the AKGs on stock EQ, but I'm EQing the Sonys (brought 400Hz down a few notches as I felt vocals sounded a bit metallic on stock). The great thing is that all 3 units have good apps with EQ functionality so you can tweak the sound as you like. Personally I feel the Senns and AKGs sound fantastic out of the box.

It's amazing that AKG is even in this conversation, considering they can be had for much, much cheaper than the Senn (less than half price!) and Sony. I'm sure you could get similar sound quality from a cheapo Chifi TWS but the n400s are the full package. Great build quality on the buds and case, app support, ANC, wireless charging.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #23,575 of 62,627
I've not tried the Nuarls but I have the MTW2s, Sony WFs and the n400s. The AKGs are more musical than the Sonys and come very close to the Senns. The WFs certainly are no slouch, but vocals are more present on the AKGs. Senn bass can be a bit much (tho the warmer sound signature makes for very pleasant listening) and the AKGs pull it back a bit which gives it a nice clean sound. There is bass punch when needed, it's just not as warm as the MTW2s.

I'm running the Senns and the AKGs on stock EQ, but I'm EQing the Sonys (brought 400Hz down a few notches as I felt vocals sounded a bit metallic on stock). The great thing is that all 3 units have good apps with EQ functionality so you can tweak the sound as you like. Personally I feel the Senns and AKGs sound fantastic out of the box.

It's amazing that AKG is even in this conversation, considering they can be had for much, much cheaper than the Senn (less than half price!) and Sony. I'm sure you could get similar sound quality from a cheapo Chifi TWS but the n400s are the full package. Great build quality on the buds and case, app support, ANC, wireless charging.

I'm interested in the n400's but I'm liking my wf1000xm3 with the Wavelet Android app with the autoEQ and the right eartips. The wf1000xm3 sounds great to me with EQ and the right tips.

This is what the autoEQ is doing.
Screenshot_20200716-145048.png

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #23,576 of 62,627

Thanks far the excellent input.

Jul 16, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #23,577 of 62,627
Jul 16, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #23,578 of 62,627
Although I wouldn't recommend the KZ S2's to just anyone, or everyone, I'm really enjoying them the more I use them.

The KZ S2's are persnickety in their BT usage - even stable usage gets "glitches" at times - but if you don't panic you can ride it out and they'll "come back", or require 8 second hold the touch on both to reset and re-bind to my device - required less and less often btw.

They pare fine but I cannot get a stable / static free BT connection...any other techniques help?

Jul 16, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #23,579 of 62,627
:yum:
Do they have more than a 3 hour battery life?
Well it’s not 6-8hrs as a Tranya claims. They are 4hrs tops with volume at 55-75 percent and that sucks, but for $20 not gonna complain. They do sound great and still recommend them. Rah.

Jul 16, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #23,580 of 62,627
i have both the WF and WH XM3, and i think the WF has a much better mic

So finally got the XM3s and I must be doing something egregiously wrong. The mics are so bad and are soundly outdone by the in-line mics on the Jaybird X3 and not even in the same league as the WH XM3. This is after updating them and trying multiple angles. Unless I'm doing something drastically wrong, these won't even make it 24 hours... sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back