Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 17, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #23,611 of 62,639
I'm wondering since we are talking about the Tronsmart bold Anc

I've looked into them and according to their FCC number 2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD. They fall under the Cleer Ally plus

with the same QCC chip, battery life and similar case (https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD/4803745) according to the letter presented

I'm wondering if the Tronsmart isn't simply a rename of the product for the International Market or did Tronsmart modify something in the sound tuning or add more functions (more mics for ex) (besides the app). The Cleer ally plus websites don't mention anything about how many microphones are inside the earpiece. They surely look the same.

If someone with more knowledge can look into it, but my hypothesis is that the Apollo Bold is the rebranding of the Cleer Ally Plus

The 233621 Zen ANC is also the same specs
How you people find this stuff??? :wink: very interesting

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #23,612 of 62,639
Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please PM your email address? We will arrange our customer service contact with you. Any product problem, we will solve it. Or you can also contact our customer service: support@tronsmart.com. Tronsmart pays attention to all customers. We also care about the product quality.
Thank you very much.
Best&Regards
Tronsmart
Hi when will amazon US carry your product? I see other countries with Amazon have them, but not US.

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #23,613 of 62,639
Where is your package now? I ordered Astrotech S90 Pros from Linsoul on June 12, didn't ship until July 1. As of today, SF Express says my package is through customs and in transit to Salt Lake City. Suffice to say, I'm on the other side of the country from SLC, so I'm hoping that's just a stop-over and not the final destination, which would mean I have the wrong tracking number entirely. Fingers crossed.

Still stuck in customs in NY (and I live in NY). Arrived in NY on Saturday so I continue to wait...what fun would it be if you couldn't check for tracking updates every day?

Looks like you are finally at the home stretch! Good luck!

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #23,614 of 62,639
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #23,615 of 62,639
It's definitely a rebrand of of the Ally Plus, according to that FCC filing, unless it's fraudulent (not likely). Couple options: Cleer lost exclusive use of the ODM product, or just lost it outside the US. Perhaps they only had temporary exclusive rights, or they opted not to maintain them. I don't know who the ODM is, so it also could be that Cleer licensed the design to Shenzen Geekbuy outfit as a third party. This is not a case of a rogue ODM taking Cleer's design/product and selling it to another brand, unless the second page of that letter, purporting to be from Cleer, is fraudulent. More likely there's something in the licensing agreements that permits this.

Would be interested in a side-by-side comparison, as they could still have different tuning.
I think you're spot on. Many smaller companies enter into exclusive term agreements and once those expire, the ODM typically will release under their own brand. No underhanded stuff, just licensing expired. Sometimes specs will differ, including performance of the final product, as the customer (Cleer in this case) may have selected certain options that are not in the house-branded version.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #23,616 of 62,639
received my MW07 "classic" (no plus, no go) today, and at 99€ I am happy as a clam from the first 15 minutes of listening. Still at XL stock tips and large wing thing, I can only imagine that some tip rolling might improve the experience. Very impressed with detail / clarity / imaging. That sense of 'has this always been in this song'? discoveries.
Not sure though if I would have ever paid 299$ for this, no matter how pretty they look :D
but maybe I should look into the Plus / Go options again (in a year or so :D)

Good to hear ! Reminds me of when I first used the L2Ps, have you tried them yourself ? Now don't use them for more than 2.5 hours if you don't want to start getting annoyed at the battery reminders as described by others here !

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #23,617 of 62,639
Good to hear ! Reminds me of when I first used the L2Ps, have you tried them yourself ? Now don't use them for more than 2.5 hours if you don't want to start getting annoyed at the battery reminders as described by others here !
My L2Ps were victims of corona mail delay and were actually returned to China... got my money back. Don’t feel like bothering again.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #23,618 of 62,639
9FE780B7-81FD-4256-A256-3838B0BD50F5.jpeg
getting ready for a fun Noise-Cancelling-Off competition between those and one new ‘surprise’ contender who shall arrive tomorrow IF the mail gods are in a good mood. Thought about adding the Tozo N9 to the mix, but currently out of stock on amazon.de

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #23,619 of 62,639
I "really believe" that I have FINALLY figured out how these Tevis go in your ear and retain a tight fit. I am put them in and turn towards the back of my head until they "stop" which is about 90 degrees from how most would be. I have been testing this for a about 2 weeks and have been getting consistent results. Very happy with these and lately have been my go to, and the 75ts cuz they are still new.

Jul 17, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #23,620 of 62,639
So the Edifier X3 can fit CP100 and CP145 tips in the tiny charging case and still charge and still shut the lid, take note other TWS manufacturers!

c2KYdet.jpg

Quite like the sound with the CP100, bit more bass and brings down the treble just a touch. The CP145 makes things a bit too flat and boosts the treble a bit much for my liking.

Feels a bit weird putting on a pair of tips that cost half of what the actual headphones did but it's good to know there's a cheap TWS that allows for tip rolling.

Another few things of note after using them for a couple of weeks:
  • The range on these beats every other pair I've tried. With my phone in my living room I can walk 10 feet outside, 30 feet to the end of my garden, take the bin out of the back gate, round the side of the house and come back in through the front door and it never even falters. Every other pair I have start to drop out by the end of the garden.
  • Battery seems to be in line with their estimates, I only need them on 50% volume at most when in the house and I did my first recharge yesterday after using them a few hours a day for the last few weeks.

All in all I thoroughly recommend these for the price, they've been available for £15 which is a bargain, even now I think they're only £20.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #23,621 of 62,639
This time I made a video full of jokes, humor, and fun stuffs. Also LOTS of complaining, so please take it as a trigger warning, KZ made a TWS IEM for 35 USD, and it couldn't be futher away from perfect. The good part is that I like the actual signature, and the comfort, but there's so much I dislike about it, it is funny. Feel free to watch the entire video to hunt for the memes and jokes, I promise it is worth it :)

Jul 17, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #23,623 of 62,639
9FE780B7-81FD-4256-A256-3838B0BD50F5.jpeg
getting ready for a fun Noise-Cancelling-Off competition between those and one new ‘surprise’ contender who shall arrive tomorrow IF the mail gods are in a good mood. Thought about adding the Tozo N9 to the mix, but currently out of stock on amazon.de

for you (and others who own the Dyplay ANC), try experiment with this tip mod. this really brings down the boomy-ness of the low midbass, but still retains the skull massaging subbass. this makes the mids and treble to be more balanced with the bass hit. this mod makes the Dyplay jumps up in rating to be one of my most used, and my best pick for watching movies.

20200718_092007-01.jpeg

i'm using this flipped inside-out KZ starline tips. shout out to @Slater who came put with this idea.
usually i use L for normal tips, but with this mod, the tips are slightly become larger in diameter, so here I'm using M sized and it still works perfectly. added bonus: the inside surface is much more stick/grip compared to the regular outside surface.

the best part is even with this elongated tip length, it can still fit in the case and charge without a problem

20200718_092020-01.jpeg

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #23,624 of 62,639
F2E0F67C-8BA4-44E9-A364-40203EDB79E7.jpeg2DDD7046-003D-4FAC-9ABC-B1401CF46EAF.jpeg95B28CE9-C1DE-4A7A-8C33-8BF37304D6F8.jpegF79E99A2-4098-4D87-B628-17A8442A5A05.jpeg

AKG N400 and Haylou GT1 plus
Size comparison.

I mainly use TWS in my office where portable AC is on full blast about 30 feet away from me. N400’s ANC is lifesaver here as the GT1+’s passive isolation still lets in tons of noise to come through.

SQ wise I rated the GT1 plus very highly, but the N400 takes everything good about the gt1 plus and take them up few notches.
If I had to give scores I would probably rate the N400: 8.8 and GT1 plus: 7.3 (fill t1x: 7.2 for reference)

First thing jumps out is very accurate imaging of the N400 and how the Bass is oh so well separated from the mids. Tonality is very good and frequency response follows very closely to the Harman Target Curves. I personally find its pinna gain just about perfect.

Nice instrumental separation and they all have very good life like textures and definitions (timbre) to them. Driver is fairly speedy and volume is adequate. Using it on iPhone connection is quite good up to about 15 meters.

Just got this few days ago so haven’t done any battery test, but I don’t usually listen to more than 30-45 mins continuously anyway so should be no problem.

Very happy with a purchase.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #23,625 of 62,639
mentioning these in case anyone's interested, i just found them yesterday and don't see any posts about them.
RHA True Connect 2
$149.99.
IP55, 9 hour battery life w 35 hours in case, no wireless charging, SBC only according to what i found, though maybe they have AAC like the original True Connect. @clerkpalmer wasn't it you who discovered the True Connect had AAC?
no app to eq or customize controls.
LG Tone free HBS-FN6.
$149.99
No codec info, UVnano cleaning case, IP4, Wireless charging. 6hr battery life with 12 hours in case.
Tone Free HBS-FN5W: $129.99
no UVnano cleaning, has wireless charging, 6 hrs from iems and 12 hrs in case.
IP4 rating.
Tone free HBS-FN4; $99.99
no Codec info, no UVnano cleaning or wireless charging. 6 hrs from iems and 12 from case. IP4 rating.
LG does have an app with sound presets as well as eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back