Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #23,297 of 62,285
I was considering the Buds+ too, because decent SQ, amazing battery life, comfort, small case, etc. Just not sure...
I'm still on the fence as well. The price just dropped $10 and I have another $10 coupon from Samsung lying around somewhere so I may go for it. Anyone use it with LG phones? Have some V60s on the way that will probably replace my S9 so I wont have access to the Samsung scalable codec. I really just want it for calls and ambient mode.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #23,299 of 62,285
I was reading this, and I saw no AAC, no volume, micro-usb, and I was like NO WAY. And then I saw that the price was $20. Budget buds continue to amaze me. It just makes me upset that to get like 20% more features/sound/whatever, I have to fork over hundreds more.
Yeah I also have a hard time justifying the extra cost for something that is essentially disposable as well.

To be fair even though they don't have AAC they do have Aptx so if you've got an Android phone they should sound better (I've dug out the old Motorola I have as a spare to test them later).

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #23,300 of 62,285
Those sound interesting, wonder what price point they have? They look like something ive seen before
Currently of the ones I have mtw2 is first, then mavins, jabra 65 and syllable s101.

I just received an email about the Tronsmart Apollo Bold being released I’m Mid July. Have they been discussed?

• Active Noise Cancellation: 35dB full frequency active noise cancelling and 2 patented noise-cancelling technologies which can block out your environment so you can focus on what you’re listening to.
  • Perfect Listening Experience: High-quality aptX HD audio decoding and Qualcomm QCC5124 flagship chip which bring you perfect listening experience.
  • TWS+ Technology: TWS+ binaural synchronous transmission technology, which makes sound and picture synchronization while playing games with earbuds.
  • Support Quick Charge: 10 mins charging for 1-hour use.

1594075383873.jpeg

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #23,302 of 62,285
Those sound interesting, wonder what price point they have? They look like something ive seen before
Currently of the ones I have mtw2 is first, then mavins, jabra 65 and syllable s101.

very original design indeed :thinking:

61EZ-a3hiCL._AC_SX425_.jpg

11267214.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #23,303 of 62,285
Jul 7, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #23,306 of 62,285
Galaxy Buds +. Or would you say that most TWS are stable enough that this would be unnecessary for basic, non-intense workouts?
With proper size of eartips and silicon rings definitely enough and if not, it is probably better buy some sports eardphones with earhooks. For galaxy buds and most other in ear TWS you won't find earhooks.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #23,307 of 62,285
How do you feel about your m30plus after a week or so?

The M30 are slowly opening up a little - still a good buy for $30 although not as airy and detailed as I would like for my primary TWS.

But the M30 Plus at $39 are just what the doctor ordered, as long as I don't go for a deep insertion which flexes the drivers and binds them up. The good news is that the tips they included grab onto my ears without a deep insertion, and the wings help keep them in place, so I can lightly or gently place them in my ears and get a seal with good bass and treble air and detail. For some reason the regular M30 don't bind up no matter how hard I squish them into my ears, but they still don't sound as good as my M30 Plus.

The $49 FIIL T1X maybe sound similar, except they were nearly impossible to get a good fit without the driver flex binding up the drivers, while with 3rd party tips I could get a proper seal 2-3 out of 5 tries, and then the T1X sound good. With the M30 Plus I can get a proper fit and seal 9 out of 10 tries with the stock tips, if I start with going for a shallow insertion, and that's good enough for me.

I'd still like to know if anyone else has the M30 Plus with this issue, and if not I'm worried that they would sound more like the regular M30 - maybe I have a looser or more free driver that can reproduce sound better?

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #23,308 of 62,285
You should try to get hold of some of their new T10s. It's the flagship of the brand, and I'm not sure I've seen any reviews.

I am one of those owners who thinks the Rimors are amazing - to each their own! I also own a couple pair of the B530's which, while good, just don't seem to cut it for me after listening to the Rimors. The only knock on the Rimors is that when running, they skip a bit (like most do with my Garmin watch), but then the Rimor tends to lose pitch - going down then back up more than a full step - it drives me crazy! But for casual listening using my phone as the source, the Rimors just kill, IMO.

I am interested in the T10's. Has anyone tried them yet?

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #23,309 of 62,285
Jumping into this thread to hopefully get some current recommendations. My trusty Samsung Level U Pros are finally about to kick the bucket. Battery lasts less than an hour on a full charge now. But I've had them and put them through years of abuse, so no complaints.

What would y'all say is the best TWS option in the $150ish range. Some wiggle room if it's worth the jump. I had planned to pick up galaxy buds+ but I'm not certain that's my best option nowadays. ANC is not a priority, the sound is. All my other headphones are quite neutral, so I'm wondering if I should get something different this time. Something more energetic, better for metal genres perhaps.

Any opinions?

Depends, are you treble or peaky mid-high sensitive? If you are it may be better to get the regular buds that are closer tuned to the older harman curve iirc. I EQ'ed my buds+ down a bit for shoutiness/harshness on some tracks.

The battery life is compelling, ambient was neat but too treble focused. Sound was ok to good but not enough for me to keep them. I much more enjoy my Air-XR's SQ even at about half the battery life (6hrs).

I'm still on the fence as well. The price just dropped $10 and I have another $10 coupon from Samsung lying around somewhere so I may go for it. Anyone use it with LG phones? Have some V60s on the way that will probably replace my S9 so I wont have access to the Samsung scalable codec. I really just want it for calls and ambient mode.

They do have AAC. It's the SBC when used with older phones, devices without AAC like windows laptops where sound an issue. Afaik.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #23,310 of 62,285
LOL. Everyone who buys cheap TWSs in gaint batches, this is your fault! Amazon suggestions are now biased and instead of sugggestion alternate tips, battery packs, etc, Amazon ius suggesting that I buy 3 pairs of TWS together XD.
Unfortunately only the Soundpeats of these is in Amazon.ca wearhouses. Otherwise they could be purchased through Amazon.com but that would be another 20$ for shipping.. Sellers are reluctant to put their latest products there and they end up being sold by grey market sellers. A Tranya rep told me the Rimor was coming to Amazon.ca but it never happened, probably in part due to COVID.

So is anyone else getting the Tozo NC9 ? Amazon Europe don't appear to be in a hurry to add that 20% coupon !
There seem to be some "button tap" differences between the Tozo and the 20Decebel versions, the Tozo has Vol +/- with a long press (that's Google Assistance on the 20Decebel apparently) and no ANC ON/Transparency/ANC OFF cycling, only ANC ON/Transparency.
So you can't turn off ANC and transparency with the TOZO? Sounds like a dealbreaker if you want to save battery life.

Seems like manufacturers are reluctant to add more taps (most I've seen is 4 taps on the Aufo M1 to trigger transparency mode, and it's extremely finicky) and they know Airpods Pro lack volume control anyway so they think it isn't a big deal.

Any thoughts on the Aukey/Key Series KSOUND K06NC? The housings seem like a copy of the Libratone Track Air but with ANC, and reviews are quite mixed. Doesn't have AptX and no volume controls...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_p=05326fd5-c43e-4948-99b1-a65b129fdd73

ENACFIRE seems late to the USB-C type train but wondering if anyone has tried the E60. USB-C + Wireless charging + AptX + Volume control and IPX8, no ANC
https://www.amazon.ca/ENACFIRE-Head...ild=1&keywords=ENACFIRE&qid=1594155189&sr=8-1

With proper size of eartips and silicon rings definitely enough and if not, it is probably better buy some sports eardphones with earhooks. For galaxy buds and most other in ear TWS you won't find earhooks.
Buds+ don't really stay well in my ears if I'm dancing or walking around. The large fins are too large and the medium ones too small to make any difference. No-fins is most comfortable but in some situations they don't feel as secure. I'm using large tips because while the medium tips fit better, they easily lose their seal whenever I flinch my forehead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back