Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #23,281 of 62,112
I just received an email about the Tronsmart Apollo Bold being released I’m Mid July. Have they been discussed?

• Active Noise Cancellation: 35dB full frequency active noise cancelling and 2 patented noise-cancelling technologies which can block out your environment so you can focus on what you’re listening to.
  • Perfect Listening Experience: High-quality aptX HD audio decoding and Qualcomm QCC5124 flagship chip which bring you perfect listening experience.
  • TWS+ Technology: TWS+ binaural synchronous transmission technology, which makes sound and picture synchronization while playing games with earbuds.
  • Support Quick Charge: 10 mins charging for 1-hour use.

1594075383873.jpeg

Hmmm. May be decent. Wish it had Qi charging.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #23,282 of 62,112
I just received an email about the Tronsmart Apollo Bold being released I’m Mid July. Have they been discussed?

• Active Noise Cancellation: 35dB full frequency active noise cancelling and 2 patented noise-cancelling technologies which can block out your environment so you can focus on what you’re listening to.
  • Perfect Listening Experience: High-quality aptX HD audio decoding and Qualcomm QCC5124 flagship chip which bring you perfect listening experience.
  • TWS+ Technology: TWS+ binaural synchronous transmission technology, which makes sound and picture synchronization while playing games with earbuds.
  • Support Quick Charge: 10 mins charging for 1-hour use.

If this doesn't end up sounding like a steaming pile of crap, I'm in. Am also a bit miffed there's no Qi tho.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #23,283 of 62,112
Oh, good stuff, I should check that out! :)
Personally I wouldn’t waste your time with the Rimor, I’ve had three different pair and I’ve tried for days and days to like them and I just think they’re borderline terrible. However they are really good if all you do is listen to audiobooks

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #23,285 of 62,112
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #23,286 of 62,112
Anyone else on here get a DM from Tronsmart?
I heard about them in this thread, they actually posted in here last week. i messaged them and got a reply.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #23,287 of 62,112
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #23,288 of 62,112
Just wondering if anyone has used the Wavelet app on Android and what their thoughts were?

Improved all tws I tried.
It is better to use autoeq then one or 2 bands adjustment by using its graphic eq.

Weak point: compatibility app is not so many. Ex., did not support Youtuben tidal (my device)

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #23,289 of 62,112
My Edifier X3 have arrived.

IMG_0213.JPG

Quick pros and cons list so far:

Pros
Case is perfect, I've been dying for a case this size, properly pocketable, fits in the pointless small pocket in jeans (the Linus test) and leaves enough room to fit a finger in and fish it out.

Buds fit in the case with my medium Spinfit CP360's and medium Sony hybrid tips on AND charge properly, so a small set that also fits (some, I'm making no guarantees!) third party buds, finally! And of course it's somehow the one with the smallest case.

Sound generally seems pretty nice, they're bright with a nice bass thump and they can get seriously loud.

Build quality seems good. The lid on the case is just plastic hitting plastic but still manages to feel pleasantly snappy rather than cheap, hinge feels solid.

Video latency seems as good as most TWS these days (I.e. pretty much perfect)

Fit and comfort is also good, always helps when you can tip roll even if not every set are going to fit (I'll try some longer ones tomorrow and edit the results in). They're quite round too so fill the ear and provide good isolation.

Cons
As far as I can tell there's no AAC which is a bit annoying as a mostly iPhone user these days.

No volume control, but the touch controls outside of this seem to work well, it has one of those all in one bud setups so both buds can control play/pause/foward/back/assistant independently for mono use.

Micro-usb, boooo!

They have a little blue light on each earpiece that blinks every couple of seconds, not an issue for me but could be annoying for those who want to use them in bed.

I'd say a pretty easy recommendation so far, especially if you pick them up when they're £15/$20, they're a perfect cheap gym pair to slip in your pocket (they're IP55 rated too which is nice)

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #23,290 of 62,112
:) Maybe @Hyperfluxe meant literally as in when people just say literally for emphasis.

Of course he did. I was just griping that the word has acquired a new [overused] usage (even supported in the dictionary), whereas in the past it was only used to mean the opposite of figuratively.

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #23,291 of 62,112
So is anyone else getting the Tozo NC9 ? Amazon Europe don't appear to be in a hurry to add that 20% coupon !
There seem to be some "button tap" differences between the Tozo and the 20Decebel versions, the Tozo has Vol +/- with a long press (that's Google Assistance on the 20Decebel apparently) and no ANC ON/Transparency/ANC OFF cycling, only ANC ON/Transparency.

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #23,292 of 62,112
Jumping into this thread to hopefully get some current recommendations. My trusty Samsung Level U Pros are finally about to kick the bucket. Battery lasts less than an hour on a full charge now. But I've had them and put them through years of abuse, so no complaints.

What would y'all say is the best TWS option in the $150ish range. Some wiggle room if it's worth the jump. I had planned to pick up galaxy buds+ but I'm not certain that's my best option nowadays. ANC is not a priority, the sound is. All my other headphones are quite neutral, so I'm wondering if I should get something different this time. Something more energetic, better for metal genres perhaps.

Any opinions?

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #23,293 of 62,112
My Edifier X3 have arrived.

IMG_0213.JPG

Quick pros and cons list so far:

Pros
Case is perfect, I've been dying for a case this size, properly pocketable, fits in the pointless small pocket in jeans (the Linus test) and leaves enough room to fit a finger in and fish it out.

Buds fit in the case with my medium Spinfit CP360's and medium Sony hybrid tips on AND charge properly, so a small set that also fits (some, I'm making no guarantees!) third party buds, finally! And of course it's somehow the one with the smallest case.

Sound generally seems pretty nice, they're bright with a nice bass thump and they can get seriously loud.

Build quality seems good. The lid on the case is just plastic hitting plastic but still manages to feel pleasantly snappy rather than cheap, hinge feels solid.

Video latency seems as good as most TWS these days (I.e. pretty much perfect)

Fit and comfort is also good, always helps when you can tip roll even if not every set are going to fit (I'll try some longer ones tomorrow and edit the results in). They're quite round too so fill the ear and provide good isolation.

Cons
As far as I can tell there's no AAC which is a bit annoying as a mostly iPhone user these days.

No volume control, but the touch controls outside of this seem to work well, it has one of those all in one bud setups so both buds can control play/pause/foward/back/assistant independently for mono use.

Micro-usb, boooo!

They have a little blue light on each earpiece that blinks every couple of seconds, not an issue for me but could be annoying for those who want to use them in bed.

I'd say a pretty easy recommendation so far, especially if you pick them up when they're £15/$20, they're a perfect cheap gym pair to slip in your pocket (they're IP55 rated too which is nice)
I was reading this, and I saw no AAC, no volume, micro-usb, and I was like NO WAY. And then I saw that the price was $20. Budget buds continue to amaze me. It just makes me upset that to get like 20% more features/sound/whatever, I have to fork over hundreds more.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #23,294 of 62,112
Jumping into this thread to hopefully get some current recommendations. My trusty Samsung Level U Pros are finally about to kick the bucket. Battery lasts less than an hour on a full charge now. But I've had them and put them through years of abuse, so no complaints.

What would y'all say is the best TWS option in the $150ish range. Some wiggle room if it's worth the jump. I had planned to pick up galaxy buds+ but I'm not certain that's my best option nowadays. ANC is not a priority, the sound is. All my other headphones are quite neutral, so I'm wondering if I should get something different this time. Something more energetic, better for metal genres perhaps.

Any opinions?
I was considering the Buds+ too, because decent SQ, amazing battery life, comfort, small case, etc. Just not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back