Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 6, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #23,251 of 62,148
MW07 has terrible battery life, stay away from it.

I own IE80, HD650 by myself and still prefer MW07 Go to SMTW 1 (the 2 has same SQ I think). They are quite different actually, SMTW voice is fuller and more to your face, while MW07 is more V-shape. The factor that I like about MW07 is the big soundstage and more detail treble while not fatiguing at all.

thank you for the information. the sound instead should be equal to the MW07 Plus or am I wrong ..?

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #23,252 of 62,148
@Bartig just reviewed the TOZO nc9, and spoke pretty highly of the noise canceling. If you were interested in them, or just need something to buy, go read his review and on the Amazon link theres currently a 20% off coupon so you can snag them for $48.
Note that the TOZO has volume control while the 20Decebel does not.
I really like almost everything about them. BTW how is passive isolation on them? The only thing is no ANC compared to the Sony WF-SP800N, and maybe a worse fit for minor exercise?
Passive isolation is good but not stellar, comparable to IEMs of similar ergonomics. I can still hear loud announcements on my commute unless I have music playing.

Just curious what device you are planning to use it with? The Buds+ work great on mobile devices with either AAC or Samsung Scalable, but are utterly disappointing with Windows 10's SBC codec.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #23,253 of 62,148
Yes we need 20% off in Europe too ! So the SP800N has gone to "unavailable" too now on Amazon FR, any news from yours ?
Off to read the NC9 review
:wink:
I have given up on the SP800N ... I had the same kinda hassle 2 years ago with the SP700N! Amazon was jerking around the rls date and I ended up buying at some B&M and kinda regretted not having the easy amazon return ...

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #23,254 of 62,148
Forgot to share this here... but modified my X12 Pro's. The airpod/earpod shape isn't as comfortable to me as regular earbud drivers.

More details here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/diy-earbuds.822327/post-15707637

Small update, I've noticed with the better earbud drivers that the internal amp on these does not deal well with busy tracks and the sound becomes congested easily. The dynamics and clarity are fine on acoustic, vocal or instrumental tracks but even on normal songs (pop, rock, etc) they become congested.

These are the v.2 of the X12 pro's (Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C & AAC/SBC). I wonder if the v.3 'Ultra' with the Qualcomm chips will be better.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #23,255 of 62,148
EDIT - well it looks like something I want to try ! It's great that you can toggle ANC Off too (unlike on the Echobuds, app or voice command needed) to cut out wind noise when riding a bike. The transparency mode doesn't sound like it works too well (like calls, sort of goes together). I was worried they were on the smaller "pop out of your ears at any time" style but happy to see it's not the case. The Bomaker SiFi II trend continues it seems and that's good news :wink:

What puzzles me about those TOZO ... allegedly they have been on amazon since MARCH .. & I have been searching for new ANC buds from time to time, but why did they never come up in my searches / recommendations? Amazon algorithm fail methinks ...

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #23,256 of 62,148
What puzzles me about those TOZO ... allegedly they have been on amazon since MARCH .. & I have been searching for new ANC buds from time to time, but why did they never come up in my searches / recommendations? Amazon algorithm fail methinks ...
Amazon is just looking after your wallet methinks

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #23,258 of 62,148
I was a little bored so I tried to do something I had been thinking about for a long time. I took the hated Bluedio Fi with QCC3020, which even my wife refused to listen to, and made something what I even enjoy listening to. I just transform the TWS to a wireless module like the BT20S, but with a charging case. With the TRN V90 it's a bit noisy, but outside I do not mind. The signal strength is now much more stable, and the microphone recording has also improved. Even the touch autopause works (although stupid as in its original state), unfortunately the other controls almost don't work. There is probably a problem with the calibration of the capacitive sensor during such wear. The quality of workmanship is not much, but it is definitely original :wink: I was just sorry to throw Fi in the trash, where they would otherwise deserve to end up.

Hey there fellow V90 user!

That said my V90 + BT3S combo (despite being superior in every aspect to my TWSes other than size and convenience) has been rather sidelined these days by my L2P unfortunately.

The sheer convenience of TWS is hard to beat really (and the HUGE-ness of the BT3S doesn't help much either).

But if someone can actually take a good gander at what you're doing now and come up with something similar commercially (TWS IEM adapter with charging case that ISN'T overly expansive - ehem, Shure, ehem) I'd be pretty interested TBH.

Or you know, someone can just update the BT20S to include a case to charge it (wink, wink TRN).

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #23,260 of 62,148
Literally in the same boat as you. The solution is to buy both ...

I apologize in advance for my off-topic "rant". I'm showing my age. I know this has become common usage, but "back in my day", if you were literally in the same boat, you would mean both of you are in a lake or off shore on the same watercraft.

You mean to say you are figuratively in the same boat. Or just "in the same boat". Literally in the same boat is not what you mean to say.

Sorry about that. I apologize. Been online a while today and reached my quota of "literally"s.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #23,261 of 62,148
Who can draw a free curve manually on paper and then set it as a Walet auto eq?
Pls help.
I am stucking after digital the curve to obtain data in xls form as like Hz; dB

Exam. 20;2.6 24;1.9 26;-0.7 ... 20000;-3.4

The job require some IT skill which I am not good at: Python, vituenv... wavelet app devs write a guidance that I think its for IT man to follow.
Too complicate python python python!!!

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #23,262 of 62,148
I apologize in advance for my off-topic "rant". I'm showing my age. I know this has become common usage, but "back in my day", if you were literally in the same boat, you would mean both of you are in a lake or off shore on the same watercraft.

You mean to say you are figuratively in the same boat. Or just "in the same boat". Literally in the same boat is not what you mean to say.

Sorry about that. I apologize. Been online a while today and reached my quota of "literally"s.
:) Maybe @Hyperfluxe meant literally as in when people just say literally for emphasis.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #23,264 of 62,148
Really on the fence between the Galaxy Buds + and the Sony WF-SP700N. Galaxy Buds + are cheaper, look better IMHO, better clarity (?), more sleek case, great quick charging. Sony has ANC, better stability for basic workouts (?), slightly better battery life.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #23,265 of 62,148
LOL. Everyone who buys cheap TWSs in gaint batches, this is your fault! Amazon suggestions are now biased and instead of sugggestion alternate tips, battery packs, etc, Amazon ius suggesting that I buy 3 pairs of TWS together XD.
1594055372670.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back