Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 19, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #22,141 of 62,453
Hmm. My MTW2 does not have the battery drain issue - so it does appear to have been addressed. Perhaps it was a hardware issue? Not sure. I do think it's possible the SP800s sound as good as the Senns and quite possibly with better fit and better ANC (the Senn ANC is pretty weak sauce). I feel like the outcome is certain so why am i depriving myself? The nuraloops are intriguing for the same price but the Reddit forums are full of so-so reviews and fit problems. I believe the drivers are 100% the same.
Even though I didn't have any issues with moisture, it's also nice that the WF-SP800N are IP55.

I feel like there are other things you need at Target, so why not? Is it calling you? Yes, yes it is. :)

1589923155988.png

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #22,142 of 62,453
If this is capable of saving (and loading) EQ Presets per Headphone, colour me interested. Even better if it can autoload the presets on its own.

With per-unit presets than it would indeed be the perfect add-in for TWS sets lacking native EQ (the Edifier NB and Nuarls come to mind).
I had similar thoughts. Didn't see anywhere to save presets unfortunately. but it breathed new life into my already awesome Anbes359. Also my QC35 as well. The only other True wireless iem i tried with it were the backbeat pro 5100. oNly tried a couple presets didn't mess with the eq on that one.
I did notice on some of the presets i played around with, there was a slight but obvious crackling. Didn't notice it with all the presets, and didn't notice it with the 9 band eq either.

May 19, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #22,143 of 62,453
My main issue with the XM3 was the fit. This has a similar form factor, the same codecs, and possibly the same driver. ANC is not as important to me as solid audio quality, so personally, this would be a better fitting side-grade of the XM3 with maybe an improved mic for calls. I also have the WH-H910N, which is its mid-range cousin and technically a step under the XM4 (when it comes out), but it has better sound and a better mic than the over-ear XM3.

The MTW v1 was OK for me. I sold those l and actually enjoy the sound of the XM3 more, in addition to its more solid build/feel. Plus, the battery drain issue was driving me crazy and its clear Sennheiser no longer has, or perhaps never had, any intention of fixing it.
No battery drain on MTW2. I've let it sit for 2 weeks at most since i've had them, and after using them for 5 mins the battery readout was the same as it was when i powered them on and was still showing battery 100%

May 19, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #22,144 of 62,453
Does the L2p have better call quality compared to N6 in your opinion?

Ok. I understand this probably isnt very scientific but here we go. I tested both N6 and L2P in my dining room which is an open room with echo and then i went close to a TV speaker while it was airing the news or whatever was on. Smack-dab against the mesh grill. The other end a lav mic was placed near the speaker grill. The phone was not set on speaker phone and was being recorded to where i listened to the audio on headphones.

The L2P has a warm sound profile to it (no surprise). Voices have a smooth and controlled tone but also have grain. The L2P does a good job of eliminating background noises and echo's from the accoustics in the dining room and did a good job with all but eliminating the TV noise. I cannot confirm how this would translate into a busy street or indoor social setting but one anecdotl point of interest a few months back while on a busy street in NYC - the person on the other end had no issues hearing me nor asked where i was. At one point they commented if i was taking a shower.

The N6 sounded cleaner or more coherent but was untamed; i could hear echo from the dining room while speaking and it picked up background noise much easier(gain). While next to the TV, the TVs audible level was nearly on-par with myself speaking.

Dunno if that helps anyone, at all but there you have it.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #22,146 of 62,453
Ok. I understand this probably isnt very scientific but here we go. I tested both N6 and L2P in my dining room which is an open room with echo and then i went close to a TV speaker while it was airing the news or whatever was on. Smack-dab against the mesh grill. The other end a lav mic was placed near the speaker grill. The phone was not set on speaker phone and was being recorded to where i listened to the audio on headphones.

The L2P has a warm sound profile to it (no surprise). Voices have a smooth and controlled tone but also have grain. The L2P does a good job of eliminating background noises and echo's from the accoustics in the dining room and did a good job with all but eliminating the TV noise. I cannot confirm how this would translate into a busy street or indoor social setting but one anecdotl point of interest a few months back while on a busy street in NYC - the person on the other end had no issues hearing me nor asked where i was. At one point they commented if i was taking a shower.

The N6 sounded cleaner or more coherent but was untamed; i could hear echo from the dining room while speaking and it picked up background noise much easier(gain). While next to the TV, the TVs audible level was nearly on-par with myself speaking.

Dunno if that helps anyone, at all but there you have it.

I can attest to this, at least in regards to the L2P. They cancel noise and focus on your voice pretty well when things aren't too chaotic (and when you're aiming the beamforming mic where it should be, towards the mouth).

When things do get "hot", though (i.e. outside under more "challenging" conditions), they often feel... overzealous... in terms of noise suppression and will often end up muffling even your voice along with the ambient noise.

Again, makes me wonder if SC has access to and control of the actual degree of noise suppression that happens inside that particular Qualcomm chip (and simply decided to turn it up to eleven).

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #22,147 of 62,453
Finally found some tips that fit similar to the Misodiko and Ikko tips, that actually seem to fit my ears.

3573596881454820698.jpg
-237517902843768196.jpg
1252019877-1855143034.jpg

They are foam tips for the APP's. I ordered a pair based on that top picture.

The oval center pops right out. The bore is 5.0mm I.D. and the lip is 4.5mm I.D.

IMG_20200518_162351.jpg
IMG_20200519_152020.jpg

They fit the buds+ and case with no issues. Fit on the earpieces is good and the 'skirt' area is about 2mm deep and overlaps nicely. They're not as tight fitting as the Misodiko but they're not loose either.

Edit: buyer be aware, some AE sellers only sell them individually.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #22,148 of 62,453
I know a friend who can get staff pricing on a pair of Jabra Elite 75ts (almost 40% off). Worth it a buy or should I go straight for the Nuarl Pros or Anker L2Ps? I already have the Sony WFs and a bunch of other TWs so I'm going for pure sound quality. I understand the 75t is bass-heavy but you can EQ them? Can they get on the level of the N6 Pros?

May 20, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #22,149 of 62,453
I know a friend who can get staff pricing on a pair of Jabra Elite 75ts (almost 40% off). Worth it a buy or should I go straight for the Nuarl Pros or Anker L2Ps? I already have the Sony WFs and a bunch of other TWs so I'm going for pure sound quality. I understand the 75t is bass-heavy but you can EQ them? Can they get on the level of the N6 Pros?

I liked my XM3's w/EQ more than I did my L2P's. I like a signature thats a bit more balanced than the 'V' of the L2P, which has a lot of bass. It is quality, just lots of it.

I haven't heard the N6 Pro's, but given reports I probably would go with those if you are not a basshead.

I got the buds+ not too long ago and with a slight EQ to tone down their Harman curve I'm pretty happy with them.

May 20, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #22,150 of 62,453
Thank you for the reply my friend! You've been the only one that has responded. Lol.
Reading posts in real time, so not sure what replies you might have already. But nuarl N6 Pro if it's just SQ for nearly half the cost. The Senns are really good though. Depending on what gear they might have or prefer, maybe the Sonys, but fit is mor difficult with those. Lypertek Tevi, Anker l2P, But in all, for the transparency mode, ANC and SQ the Senns are a good purchase. Better than the 1st gen were. If we still had the 1st gen MTW only, i'd be adding caveats like, case battery drains. Fit is subjective. etc. The 2nd gen are well worth it this time around imo.

May 20, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #22,153 of 62,453
Thanks for the info and links, let me know how you get on with the foams I'm after a pair of those eventually as well.
Sorry for the late reply, a noname clone of Misidiko TWS Pro foam eartips (S and M size) will fit in the Truedot case, but sometimes you need to push them a little. The material is very good and the insulation is excellent. But keep in mind that the size S (yellow) corresponds more to sizes L of stock silicone eartips. I like these foams, Truedot sounds a little "softer" (but no muddy) and more comfortable with them. At a price of less than $ 2/pair I can definitely recommend them.
IMG_20200520_065515.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #22,154 of 62,453
Thank you for the reply my friend! You've been the only one that has responded. Lol.
no problem. Hope they find something they like using.

May 20, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #22,155 of 62,453
Sorry for the late reply, a noname clone of Misidiko TWS Pro foam eartips (S and M size) will fit in the Truedot case, but sometimes you need to push them a little. The material is very good and the insulation is excellent. But keep in mind that the size S (yellow) corresponds more to sizes L of stock silicone eartips. I like these foams, Truedot sounds a little "softer" (but no muddy) and more comfortable with them. At a price of less than $ 2/pair I can definitely recommend them.
IMG_20200520_065515.jpg
The truedots appear similar in shape to the GT1 Plus. I wonder if the tips will also work with them. Do you have a link to the tips?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any foam tips that will fit on the GT1 Plus?

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back