Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 20, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #22,156 of 62,810
GameSky has reviewed the MPOW ANC earbuds. ANC seems to be decent for the price and there's no SQ difference between ANC on and off. Uses a master/slave setup though which means you can only independently use the right earbud. Has volume controls.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #22,157 of 62,810
The truedots appear similar in shape to the GT1 Plus. I wonder if the tips will also work with them. Do you have a link to the tips?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any foam tips that will fit on the GT1 Plus?

Many thanks!

The misodiko copy works good for GT1 plus just the bass become mid bass focus, so im using default eartips but with foam from symbio W inside the eartips

May 20, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #22,158 of 62,810
Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #22,160 of 62,810
I ended up grabbing the SP800N last night at Target. So far, so good. It's actually what I hoped the XM3 would be. Stable fit, touch controls are a bit more responsive, mids are more present, better clarity in the highs, water resistance (IP55), and of course XTRA BASS (you can EQ it down)! I sold my XM3 and can't A/B, but ANC seems just as good. The case is basic but well made, although without the premium accents and feel of the XM3.

Overall, IMHO, this is an upgrade to the XM3. The sound is big, bold, and imaging is very good. Testing over AAC and iPhone.

Pending mic test.

IMG_2570.jpg

May 20, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #22,161 of 62,810
Ok. I understand this probably isnt very scientific but here we go. I tested both N6 and L2P in my dining room which is an open room with echo and then i went close to a TV speaker while it was airing the news or whatever was on. Smack-dab against the mesh grill. The other end a lav mic was placed near the speaker grill. The phone was not set on speaker phone and was being recorded to where i listened to the audio on headphones.

The L2P has a warm sound profile to it (no surprise). Voices have a smooth and controlled tone but also have grain. The L2P does a good job of eliminating background noises and echo's from the accoustics in the dining room and did a good job with all but eliminating the TV noise. I cannot confirm how this would translate into a busy street or indoor social setting but one anecdotl point of interest a few months back while on a busy street in NYC - the person on the other end had no issues hearing me nor asked where i was. At one point they commented if i was taking a shower.

The N6 sounded cleaner or more coherent but was untamed; i could hear echo from the dining room while speaking and it picked up background noise much easier(gain). While next to the TV, the TVs audible level was nearly on-par with myself speaking.

Dunno if that helps anyone, at all but there you have it.

Thank you, very helpful

May 20, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #22,162 of 62,810
I use Dynamic. I find that all EQ settings have been tweaked in the latest update but don't have any measurements. The new tuning works a bit better with SBC because the highs aren't as brash, but the rattling distortion is still noticeable with certain sounds (hi-hats and orchestral strings). It's a shame because I've been hoping to find a TWS with USB-C, ambient sound and independent bud usage that works well on both PC and mobile.

Any issue with hiss imbalance? I had this issue on the 65t and people still reported it on the 75t, not sure if it was a matter of defective units or people not noticing the issue. The only thing that kept me from these was no Qi charging and no independent bud use. Jabra promised these in future releases but have since confirmed the single bud use firmware update has been cancelled - no news about the Qi charging case either. It's also perplexing they use a Qualcomm SoC but don't implement AptX. Curious how they sound with SBC on Windows 10. I recall the 65t were very good with SBC and nearly the same quality as AAC on my phone.
I haven't noticed any hiss, but after querying siri there have been certain times where there has been an imbalance. I just pop them in the case and power them back on and it resolves itself, but it doesn't happen often. The lack of Qi and being able to use the left earbud independently is a def. disadvantage, but overall There are very few TWS' on the market that compete with the 75t in call quality, app functionality, hear through, sound quality, build quality, fit, battery life, case size, etc. They really are IMO one of the best offerings on the market at the price point. And if you can get them refurbished for $99 it's an absolute no brainer. also the are IPX 55 and they have a two year water and dust warranty. Pretty awesome.

May 20, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #22,163 of 62,810
I ended up grabbing the SP800N last night at Target. So far, so good. It's actually what I hoped the XM3 would be. Stable fit, touch controls are a bit more responsive, mids are more present, better clarity in the highs, water resistance (IP55), and of course XTRA BASS (you can EQ it down)! I sold my XM3 and can't A/B, but ANC seems just as good. The case is basic but well made, although without the premium accents and feel of the XM3.

Overall, IMHO, this is an upgrade to the XM3. The sound is big, bold, and imaging is very good. Testing over AAC and iPhone.

Pending mic test.

IMG_2570.jpg
Do these also have ambient mode?

May 20, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #22,166 of 62,810

Pending mic test.

IMG_2570.jpg
It's strange that these are on the shelves at Target but not yet available from BB or Amazon. In any event, any further comparison on the SQ compared to some of the big players like M&D and Senn? I really want to grab these but can't shake this feeling they'll be discounted fairly quickly.

May 20, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #22,167 of 62,810
It's strange that these are on the shelves at Target but not yet available from BB or Amazon. In any event, any further comparison on the SQ compared to some of the big players like M&D and Senn? I really want to grab these but can't shake this feeling they'll be discounted fairly quickly.
You're probably right. Sony's typical discount structure will likely be: blah sale at $179, good sale at $149, and special sale at $129. That being said, you still have 30 days return/rebuy if it does go on sale.

For me, I'm enjoying these, so retail at this level is acceptable. I think they sound great out of the box, even though they have strong bass (which some people may probably need to lower thru the App).

May 20, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #22,168 of 62,810

Pending mic test.

IMG_2570.jpg

How is the transparency/hear-thru mode?
How bad is it without EQ down the bass?

I find that the Jabra 75t hear-thru is louder than the MTW, so more useful, if you can ignore the hiss when it's on. But Jabras bass must be EQ down except at the lowest volumes.

May 20, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #22,169 of 62,810
I haven't noticed any hiss, but after querying siri there have been certain times where there has been an imbalance. I just pop them in the case and power them back on and it resolves itself, but it doesn't happen often. The lack of Qi and being able to use the left earbud independently is a def. disadvantage, but overall There are very few TWS' on the market that compete with the 75t in call quality, app functionality, hear through, sound quality, build quality, fit, battery life, case size, etc. They really are IMO one of the best offerings on the market at the price point. And if you can get them refurbished for $99 it's an absolute no brainer. also the are IPX 55 and they have a two year water and dust warranty. Pretty awesome.

2-yr water/dust warranty IF you remember to register them thru the app.

My problem is that I tried a double-press on the right for the first time to try Siri, and I get a beep confirmation that normally comes before Siri speaks, but Siri never comes up to say, "I'm listening". But "Hey Siri" still works, and after a moderate delay she says "I'm listening". I have voice guidance turned on in the app (it defaulted to that). With a double-press the screen blinks out for a sec and returns to what I was doing, rather than loading Siri.

EDIT - So, after trying to get Siri to work on there 75t I tried to play music and the left earbud is muted. I had to put them back in the case and then put them in my ears to re-activate the left earbud.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #22,170 of 62,810
How is the transparency/hear-thru mode?
How bad is it without EQ down the bass?

I find that the Jabra 75t hear-thru is louder than the MTW, so more useful, if you can ignore the hiss when it's on. But Jabras bass must be EQ down except at the lowest volumes.
Transparency/hear-thru is OK out of the box, but it's not highly amplified and noise is a little dampened vs. natural hearing. After checking the "Focus on Voice" box in the App, it improves the ambient function overall to be close to natural.

If you EQ down the "Clear Bass" within the App, it still sounds good. Anything below -3 on the bass slider sounds a little thin for my tastes, but the bass quality and texture is still retained when lowering it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back