Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 18, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #22,112 of 63,207
According to Engadget, the new Sony is LDAC Compatible. Doesn't seem right but I'm looking for confirmation - that would be a must by for me.:

One more thing about the noise cancellation: The WF-SP800N doesn’t have the same QN1e ANC chip as the WF-1000XM3. Sony didn’t go into specifics, only saying that the component that powers the pricier model isn’t inside these. The company was also clear that the WF-SP800N doesn’t support the DSEE HX software on the WF-1000XM3 that upscales MP3 and AAC audio “to near high-resolution sound quality.” However, this new model is compatible with LDAC: technology that allows you to stream high-resolution audio over Bluetooth. Plus, the WF-SP800N also has Sony’s Extra Bass chops, so there’s an emphasis on deep, rich, low-end tone.

May 18, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #22,113 of 63,207
Well I got my FIIL T1X And I’m not sure I can keep them. They sound great for $50, playing above their price point.

HOWEVER, it took me 15 MINUTES to get my ear canal pressure equalized with the pressure behind the driver, so that they would seal well and still play freely without the drivers binding up.

This is unacceptable. I thought the “driver flex” issue was just going to be a “crinkly” sound that the drivers would make when adjusting the fit - but instead it prevents the drivers from moving properly to produce the best sound.

But what I do like is (1) they are quite comfortable vs My N6P, (2) they don’t need to be EQ’d but using EQ via the app is subtle and doesn’t ruin the sound, and (3) with a partial seal to allow you to avoid driver flex and hear things around you, they still make bass and don’t fall out.

Have you tried tip rolling it? I found some genetic silicone tips that work well without causing pressure build up.

May 18, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #22,114 of 63,207
According to Engadget, the new Sony is LDAC Compatible. Doesn't seem right but I'm looking for confirmation - that would be a must by for me.:

One more thing about the noise cancellation: The WF-SP800N doesn’t have the same QN1e ANC chip as the WF-1000XM3. Sony didn’t go into specifics, only saying that the component that powers the pricier model isn’t inside these. The company was also clear that the WF-SP800N doesn’t support the DSEE HX software on the WF-1000XM3 that upscales MP3 and AAC audio “to near high-resolution sound quality.” However, this new model is compatible with LDAC: technology that allows you to stream high-resolution audio over Bluetooth. Plus, the WF-SP800N also has Sony’s Extra Bass chops, so there’s an emphasis on deep, rich, low-end tone.
Looks like Engadget have updated the page to say the Sony's aren't LDAC compatible

May 18, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #22,116 of 63,207
Whilst I think that it's a shame that Sony didn't offer LDAC with their WF1000XM3's, I have to say that they sound glorious to my ears - whilst I really rate the Lypertek Tevi's from a sound quality perspective (slightly more detailed than the Sony's), I find the Sony's offer the complete package.

May 18, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #22,117 of 63,207

Anybody having any news on WF-1000XM4? Would've bought the XM3s already if only the case was a little bit smaller.

May 18, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #22,118 of 63,207
My Trond BT Transmitter has Aptx, but my Fiil T1x does not. My Tranya B530 has Aptx and sound good with the transmitter, but my Fiil T1x sound better than the B530 even though the T1x don't have Aptx.
I don't know what they do with their AAC codec, but it is amazing.

May 18, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #22,119 of 63,207
Well I got my FIIL T1X And I’m not sure I can keep them. They sound great for $50, playing above their price point.

HOWEVER, it took me 15 MINUTES to get my ear canal pressure equalized with the pressure behind the driver, so that they would seal well and still play freely without the drivers binding up.

This is unacceptable. I thought the “driver flex” issue was just going to be a “crinkly” sound that the drivers would make when adjusting the fit - but instead it prevents the drivers from moving properly to produce the best sound.

But what I do like is (1) they are quite comfortable vs My N6P, (2) they don’t need to be EQ’d but using EQ via the app is subtle and doesn’t ruin the sound, and (3) with a partial seal to allow you to avoid driver flex and hear things around you, they still make bass and don’t fall out.
Maybe try a foam tips?

May 18, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #22,122 of 63,207
Have you tried tip rolling it? I found some genetic silicone tips that work well without causing pressure build up.
Maybe try a foam tips?

I’ll see if I have any tips that fit the T1X, but I’m always afraid of getting a tip stuck in my ear because it wasn’t the right fit for hanging onto the nozzle.

May 19, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #22,123 of 63,207
has anyone tried this app?
https://www.xda-developers.com/make-your-headphones-sound-better-automatic-eq-wavelet/amp/

it has an AutoEQ feature to make the curve closer to harman target curve, and supports quite a bunch of selections in its library, even some cheap chifis and TWSs.

i only installed it last night, so i only have tested it with my Gbuds and WHXM3 headphone.
from those two, i really like the sound. it makes both of them really airy and less bloated. thr GBuds is airy just as it is, but this app still manages to make the mids clearer.

next I'm gonna test it with my wired ones that's listed there

May 19, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #22,124 of 63,207
has anyone tried this app?
https://www.xda-developers.com/make-your-headphones-sound-better-automatic-eq-wavelet/amp/

it has an AutoEQ feature to make the curve closer to harman target curve, and supports quite a bunch of selections in its library, even some cheap chifis and TWSs.

i only installed it last night, so i only have tested it with my Gbuds and WHXM3 headphone.
from those two, i really like the sound. it makes both of them really airy and less bloated. thr GBuds is airy just as it is, but this app still manages to make the mids clearer.

next I'm gonna test it with my wired ones that's listed there
That is awesome! My first thought when i saw your post was, ugh, it's probably gonna need root. Glad it doesn't as i have no need/desire to root either of my phones. heres hoping it works with Amazon music.
Thanks for sharing.

May 19, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #22,125 of 63,207
Hola folks,

I'm posting here for a friend of mine. If you look at my bio, it's apparent that I know nothing about these wireless iems.
My friend was asking me questions about these things coz I'm a headphone nut and constantly talk about my rig at work lol.

He wants to purchase the new Senns. I told him to hold off and let me find out what some of the competition offers in terms of SQ. Maybe something a little cheaper but can go toe to toe in terms of sound.

I'm asking the pros here for some advice so I can offer him some options. He's willing to spend on the Senns so his budget is flexible. Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back