Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #21,511 of 63,208
Anyone else having battery case drain issues with the Galaxy Buds+? It seems there's a fair number of complaints and in my experience it discharges quite rapidly after about 4-6 hours of use. I do wonder if part of the problem is that the buds don't constantly sit properly in the case (if you open and shake the case you can see the internal charge LED blink).I'm thinking of getting a replacement but will probably wait until this mess is over. Wondering if anyone knows whether Samsung Canada requires you to send it in before receiving a replacement.

Me.. and i received replacement 4 days ago with same problem... case cannot last more then 5 days using buds 1h per day.

Apr 26, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #21,512 of 63,208
After spending 3 days (more than 30 hours) with the Nuarl N6 pro, I am still impressed by how this tws sound.

-Build quality: Everything is made of plastic, but a high grade one at that. It feels solid and the buds themselves are pretty light compare to 1more ANC. The case is made of plastic too and I've seen people complain about the hinge being flimsy and its not, it just feels flimsy, but it is pretty solid actually. The magnet to close the lid is the strongest I've seen on any tws case.

-Sound quality: The bass is tight and punchy with enough body. It is not a basshead tws for sure. The mid is forward and not thin nor thick, for me it just right. The treble is airy, cymbals has nice decay and attack. Details is very good, timbre is probably the best on any tws that I have so far, instrument separation is spot on. This Nuarl N6 pro has taken the first spot on my tws list. Also, the N6 has the highest volume available on any of my tws so far. I normally listen with my S20+ at 80-90% volume on my 1more ANC, 70-80% on my mifo07, 60-70% on N6.

-Battery life: 8 hours on AptX is plenty and you can even increase it even further by selecting AAC to 11 hours.

-Control: Volume +/-, play/pause, <</>>, voice assistant are all there on the earbuds. And you can use only one of them (Left or Right only) while still having all the controls.

-Connectivity: The bluetooth range and signal is very stable. It connect to my phone (Samsung S20+ and my surface book in literally under 3 seconds). I haven't test the length of the signal yet because I am still quarantining myself in my bedroom.

-Improvements: With this style of tws, you would expect to have ANC or ambiance mode. The N6 definitely has the space for any of those features. The case is kinda on the bulky side, but not as bad as Mpow M5 and it can charge the tws 4 times.

As Nuarl N6 pro become my no.1 favorite tws, I highly recommend it for people who is looking for audiophile quality sound in tws form factor.
Glad to hear the Pros have been good to you. they are for SQ True wireless TOTL imo. Very complementary to the MTW's for me. When i got them back in January i was worried about whether or not the hinge would be durable, as it does feel flimsy to me. But knock on wood, it has held up just fine. you may be tired of hearing stuff like this but I hope recovery is still going well for you.

Apr 26, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #21,513 of 63,208
I burned my Amazon credit on a 2nd pair of the Backbeat pro 5100. I needed great call quality, and i knew from having a pair last Fall that these had been the best for that out of all the models i've tried. These weren't worth the full MSRP then, and they definitely aren't now, but for free thanks to a gift card i won at work, i'd say they're worth it haha. Some others i have aren't bad for calls, but these take the cake. just wish i could eq the sound a bit for music, but for some rock, metal, hipHop and some electronic they do well.
i've been going back and forth on keeping the MTW2, is a slight reduction in SQ preference vs the 1st gen MTW worth keeping them for their better battery life, slightly better fit and ANC? IN the end for me, it is. yeah there are going to be some new models with ANC thanks to the new QC chips they'll arrive with, but will i like the over all sound of any of them as much as i like the MTW2? Who knows. i'd say if you don't have a use case for ANC, then among many others, the 1st gen MTW at less than $200 wouldn't be a bad way to go. That's not to say i don't like the 2nd gen's SQ, i just wish i could add a little mor pop to snares etc. and bring the mids down juuust a touch.
at TMA6 how are you liking the XM3's?

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #21,514 of 63,208
How is the current situation of wireless iems? Are they good?

How about the included microphones? Are they good, and can they be used to substitute an external mic for v-logging?

Apr 26, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #21,515 of 63,208
Anyone here have both the sennheiser true wireless 1 and 2, can the 1 charge in the 2 case
I have them both. The 1 is bigger than the 2. It wouldn't fit in the 2's case.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #21,518 of 63,208
Aaah, sorry, my bad :)

Oooh, I understand :)

---

On this note, I noticed most companies have ditched the around the neck / neckband design in favor of TWS these days :)

neckband design still have their place though, some people actually prefer having connecting wires between the earpiece to reduce falling and misplacing risks. also usually they have longer single playtime battery, and have simultaneous multiple device ability.

you might want to make review comparing the TRN BT20S, Fiio, Fostex, and Shure. people would be interested in the subject

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #21,520 of 63,208
Glad to hear the Pros have been good to you. they are for SQ True wireless TOTL imo. Very complementary to the MTW's for me. When i got them back in January i was worried about whether or not the hinge would be durable, as it does feel flimsy to me. But knock on wood, it has held up just fine. you may be tired of hearing stuff like this but I hope recovery is still going well for you.

Hey, wondering if you (or anyone else :)) did / could do a direct comparison between the MTWs (ideally MTW2s) and the Nuarl N6 Pro? I'm curious mainly about SQ, trying to understand which is the best sounding TWS right now and if we already got to the point where TWS can compete with mid range IEMs like the VSonic GR07 and similar...

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #21,521 of 63,208
Hey, wondering if you (or anyone else :)) did / could do a direct comparison between the MTWs (ideally MTW2s) and the Nuarl N6 Pro? I'm curious mainly about SQ, trying to understand which is the best sounding TWS right now and if we already got to the point where TWS can compete with mid range IEMs like the VSonic GR07 and similar...
The Nuarl N6 pro sounds better than my universal 1964 V6S ($700). I don't have the MTW to compare so I can't comment on it, but the Nuarl N6 pro is really next level in term of sound from my collection of TWS so far. The only TWS that can compete SQ wise is Mifo07, but they have different sound signature. But the N6 fits wider genre of music, be it EDM, dubstep, jazz, rock, classic, etc. The only thing missing are ANC and ambiance mode which the MTW2 has.

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #21,522 of 63,208
Another Sony WF-XB700 review: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/23/sony-wf-xb700-review/

I basically agree. $99 is more appropriate without ambient or on board EQ or more than just one recharge from the case. Typical Sony they always try to get a bit more than they should and then drop. Just like the NC model which is more appropriate at the $239 than the starting price.

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #21,523 of 63,208
I prefer MTW2s over Nuarl N6 pros for sound stage, instrument separation and just overall SQ. But not much maybe 10-15% better.

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #21,524 of 63,208
Still nobody has tried those EPZ S350S (Pro)? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000891437908.html Apart from the gorgeous looks and the nice specs (APTX, wireless charging + USB-C, ...) I wonder how they sound. The EPZ brand seems to be rather new, but according to their homepage (https://epzsz.com/bluetooth-earphone/) the company is in the OEM business for some time.
Unfortunately, almost nothing can be found about these TWS so far, but at the rather high price you don't buy them out of curiosity ...
Upcoming discounts at AE made me think about them again...

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #21,525 of 63,208
The Nuarl N6 pro sounds better than my universal 1964 V6S ($700). I don't have the MTW to compare so I can't comment on it, but the Nuarl N6 pro is really next level in term of sound from my collection of TWS so far. The only TWS that can compete SQ wise is Mifo07, but they have different sound signature. But the N6 fits wider genre of music, be it EDM, dubstep, jazz, rock, classic, etc. The only thing missing are ANC and ambiance mode which the MTW2 has.

So, what are the differences between the Mifo 07 and the N6 Pro signature-wise? I'm curious as I am quite interested in the Nuarls and you say that the Mifos can compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back