Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 25, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #21,496 of 63,204
My n6 pro I got about 6 hours, and mavin air xr about 5 hours, both were suppose to be 10 hours of used, I used both to listen music video on YouTube, does watching video drain the battery more if just listen to music, my source is s20 ultra, volume at 15% for both.

Does your phone have TWS+ enabled? Were you on AAC or APT-X?

Need to use AAC & TWS+ to get max battery life, afaik. I get about 5.5-6.5 hours on my Air-XR on APT-X & my Pixel 3 XL, which doesn't support TWS+. Even though my chipset supports it, the software/firmware doesn't (android 10).

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #21,497 of 63,204
Does your phone have TWS+ enabled? Were you on AAC or APT-X?

Need to use AAC & TWS+ to get max battery life, afaik. I get about 5.5-6.5 hours on my Air-XR on APT-X & my Pixel 3 XL, which doesn't support TWS+. Even though my chipset supports it, the software/firmware doesn't (android 10).
How do you turn on tws+ and how to choose codecs?

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #21,498 of 63,204
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #21,502 of 63,204
You can't enable or disable TWS+, that is done by the manufacturer.

To change codecs you need to turn on developer options and then select the codec you want. This resets every use, so you'll need to do it every time you use the tws.
Usually it will default with what the tws manufacturer set. All my AptX tws will always default to AptX on android. Most of the time, it will choose the best codec supported.

Apr 25, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #21,504 of 63,204
So there no way to fix the battery issues?
I don't know but I got 7+ hours constantly and I listened pretty loud too. I mainly use my N6pro with my pc for long listening session, when using my phone, I usually only use my N6 for max like 1 hour or so.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #21,505 of 63,204
Anyone else having battery case drain issues with the Galaxy Buds+? It seems there's a fair number of complaints and in my experience it discharges quite rapidly after about 4-6 hours of use. I do wonder if part of the problem is that the buds don't constantly sit properly in the case (if you open and shake the case you can see the internal charge LED blink).I'm thinking of getting a replacement but will probably wait until this mess is over. Wondering if anyone knows whether Samsung Canada requires you to send it in before receiving a replacement.

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #21,506 of 63,204
The BLU-300 Bluetooth IEMS from Brainwavz were interesting while they lasted (?) Hard to find stock anywhere. For 40 USD, only SBC, but they are light and although they don't have a lot of detail, are worth their price I'd say.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/brainwavz-hm100-headphones-blu-300-bt.html

Brainwavz-BLU300-BLU-300-Earphones-IEMs-BT-Bluetooth-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-14.jpg

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #21,507 of 63,204
Apr 25, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #21,508 of 63,204
Apr 26, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #21,509 of 63,204
This song has very nice cymbals sound and Nuarl N6 pro absolutely nails it.

Apr 26, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #21,510 of 63,204
From the "ag" branch of Final, the TWS04($146 current converted price)...
1587732743235.png

■ High sound quality specifications supervised by the audio brand final The sound
quality is fully supervised by the Japanese audio brand final. Suppresses the sound quality that makes Bluetooth tired, which is easy to hear, and combines clear, transparent vocals with sufficient bass.

■ aptX compatible
with continuous and high-quality sound In addition to SBC and AAC, it also supports aptX, which is a continuous and high-quality codec. It supports a wide range of iPhone and Android models, and pairing is easy.

■ Compatible with both waterproof performance and sound quality With the
newly developed waterproof mechanism, high waterproof performance is achieved without impairing the sound quality.

■ Up to 180 hours of music playback
Up to 9 hours of music playback on a single charge. Ultra long battery specification that can play for up to 180 hours using the included charging case.

■ The
charging case equipped with a large-capacity battery of 2600mAh with a mobile battery function can also be used as a mobile battery.

■ High waterproof specifications IPX7 With
IPX7 waterproof specifications, it can be used safely even in the rain or in sports.

■ Charging case with leather grain finish The charging case with leather grain finish has a nice
texture and is easy to touch.

■ Supreme comfort The
new earpiece designed for perfect wireless earphones, final "TYPE E exclusive wireless specification" is included in 5 sizes.

■ If lost, you can purchase one ear
If you accidentally lose one ear, you can purchase only one ear on the ag official website.

Specifications:

Model number: AG-TWS04K
Communication method: Bluetooth 5.0
Playback frequency band: 20Hz 20KHz
Compatible codec: SBC, AAC, Qualcomm aptX audio
Compatible profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
Continuous music playback time: Up to 9 hours (up to 180 hours including case) )
Charging time: Earphone body: 2 hours / case: 4 hours
Battery capacity: Earphone one ear 45mAh / case 2600mAh
Accessories: Charging case, earpiece (final TYPE E complete wireless specification) 5 sizes, USB type C charging cable
part of me thinks these will just sound similar to the nuarl N6Pro, part of me also has to admit, if i hadn't been burned so badly by Final i'd be interested in them. Objectively though, probably gonna be a solid offering at a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back