Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 13, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #21,301 of 63,207
Apr 13, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #21,302 of 63,207
Apr 13, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #21,303 of 63,207
I am pretty sure not too long ago i was sharing my search for an ear hook style TWS with AptX and that all I could find was the Soundcore spirit X, which only seems to be out in very limited numbers. (And somehow I can’t find my own post) ... now I am finding another ‘odd one out’, the Mpow Flame Pro!!! Look nice! Bit hefty at 70$, but yes: AptX.
36A66BB1-72B9-4E74-8F0E-4486F7F9D897.jpeg
now, in another mystery: this is currently only available in SPAIN on AE.

in other ‘not really released’ news, Anker also has / had some called Spirit Dot in the pipeline, which didn’t look too shabby either.

Seen these?... https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ea...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
1586804534724.png

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #21,306 of 63,207
Interesting... I have seen this model around on AliExpress but never claimed to have aptX ... and even this one smells fishy. AptX is barely mentioned in the ad copy... only once in that logo collection. And then in text:
61A5318F-9F1E-40F2-8D44-049E84B12A48.jpeg
so, I am highly suspicious in this case. Plus, can’t access amazon.com ... heck, can’t access anything anymore, seems most AliExpress sellers have given up on shipping stuff to Sri Lanka.

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #21,307 of 63,207
Am I the only one who doesn't like the sound of the XM3s?

I've been using them for 2 months and ABed with N6 pros extensively and in my opinion the N6 pros crushed the XM3s in terms of SQ.

Been eyeing on the MTW2s coz the N6 pros don't have ANC, if the SQ of them is on par with the N6 pro I will be super satisfied.

I did not like the XM3's from a SQ standpoint and returned them. Bought them at launch.

My track record (qualifiers: I like a lot of quality bass, but not at the expense of the mid/upper, I prefer DD to BA, I listen to a lot of rap, R&B, types of electronic/produced music, and I am pretttyyyyy picky):

Big proponent of the N6's - they have their limitations, and no ANC etc, but they sound really amazing, handle calls well, and are very pocketable. My daily TWS. (Before that, the Nuarl NT01AX)

I was eyeing the MTW2 - but I don't think the sound is going to do it for me, the case is bigger than I want, you can't use them independently for calls etc etc.

I had the MTW, enjoyed the sound, returned for NFMI noise and crackle in calls (pre firmware fix) as well as battery drain.

L2P - The crossover for the BA/DD was too peaky and sibilant for me, I liked the bass, but the mids/upper just sounded peaky and compressed to me IIRC (I posted about it 100s of pages ago)

Sound-wise, I'm looking forward to the Sony WF-XB700 (12mm DD)

Spec-wise (ANC) I'm not really sure what I'm on the lookout for.... but let me know if you like the MTW2 ? :laughing:

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #21,308 of 63,207
Am I the only one who doesn't like the sound of the XM3s?

I've been using them for 2 months and ABed with N6 pros extensively and in my opinion the N6 pros crushed the XM3s in terms of SQ.

Been eyeing on the MTW2s coz the N6 pros don't have ANC, if the SQ of them is on par with the N6 pro I will be super satisfied.

Interesting, I've been an absolutely huge fan of the N6 pros, and been doing A-B testing between the xm3s and the N6 Pros for the past couple days or so. I find the N6 pros still have the most realistic and quasi-audiophile grade sq on the market. The xm3s still provide a natural and realistic experience, though the N6 pros have a little more definition in the highs and mid-range. But the N6 Pros definitely don't destroy the xm3s in my opinion, the bass on the xm3s is more punchy and rich, which I find important on many songs, and the xm3s are a bit faster and warmer overall. Were you using the xm3s with HSEE and ANC on w no EQ? I find that they sound fantastic using these settings. I also find that they lose a little bit of their definition with EQ on, with some added graininess in the highs, whereas with the settings I mentioned I actually think they come close to the detail retrieval of the N6 Pros to my ears. Audio is definitely subjective though and 100% love the N6 Pros, they're still my favorite for pure sq.

I did not like the XM3's from a SQ standpoint and returned them. Bought them at launch.

My track record (qualifiers: I like a lot of quality bass, but not at the expense of the mid/upper, I prefer DD to BA, I listen to a lot of rap, R&B, types of electronic/produced music, and I am pretttyyyyy picky):

Big proponent of the N6's - they have their limitations, and no ANC etc, but they sound really amazing, handle calls well, and are very pocketable. My daily TWS. (Before that, the Nuarl NT01AX)

I was eyeing the MTW2 - but I don't think the sound is going to do it for me, the case is bigger than I want, you can't use them independently for calls etc etc.

I had the MTW, enjoyed the sound, returned for NFMI noise and crackle in calls (pre firmware fix) as well as battery drain.

L2P - The crossover for the BA/DD was too peaky and sibilant for me, I liked the bass, but the mids/upper just sounded peaky and compressed to me IIRC (I posted about it 100s of pages ago)

Sound-wise, I'm looking forward to the Sony WF-XB700 (12mm DD)

Spec-wise (ANC) I'm not really sure what I'm on the lookout for.... but let me know if you like the MTW2 ? :laughing:

I really liked the MTW2s until they crapped out on me. They have some of the best bass you can get on a TWS right now and for the types of music you listen to they sound absolutely fantastic, particularly since they have truly great vocal detail and overall richness. Also found the tonality very good for those genres - i.e. a bit more on the side of a refined consumer oriented timbre. I'm still surprised you didnt like the xm3s though. On the settings I've mentioned I think they're some of the most versatile TWS I've tried so far, have great ANC, and it seems that they've significantly improved the call quality since they came out bc I've had zero issues at all. They also have a more natural tonality a wider stage, and a faster transience than the MTW2s. Definitely all of this is a matter of personal preference, but I really like the sound of the xm3s so far.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #21,311 of 63,207
Need an opinion from wireless bluetooth expert if I can humbly ask. From what I read SQ is decided by the wireless headphone which processes
the digital to analog signal from whichever DAPs transmitting. Thus, provided the same codec (i.e, APX, AAC, LDAC etc) were used between two DAPs,
the SQ should be identical. Is this correct statement? I am getting totally different SQ between two DAPs I used connecting to same wireless headphone,
so I am somewhat confused. Anyone care to comment. Sorry about my ignorance on this matter.

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #21,312 of 63,207
Same. Even if we can argue about the benefits of AptX all day considering both the WFXM3 and the T1X are still rather loved without it... I'm a bit partial to having it around.

Notable, however, is that the ads popping out for these on my FB feed was what initially pushed me into buying the COA, and eventually the L2P... about a day after lol.

Also, now that someone has mentioned that the L2P IS capable of TWS+ after all, I wonder what I could do to force the OP6 into a TWS+ connection with the L2Ps considering it CAN with the COAs... and that I'm rooted and all.

If I have both the T1X and WFXM3, will the L2P offer me anything new, or mostly a side-grade?

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #21,313 of 63,207
If I have both the T1X and WFXM3, will the L2P offer me anything new, or mostly a side-grade?

In my opinion the this would be a side-grade with respect to the xm3s. The L2Ps are awesome and have intense, resonant bass, wide soundstage for TWS, and articulate highs, but the Sonys have a more balanced, natural, and transparent sound to my ears. Sony's bass is also excellent and a bit more controlled than the L2Ps. If you're looking for a good pair to work out with though (since you cant really do that w the Sonys) and don't mind paying the money, I don't think you'll disappointed with the L2P's sound quality, as they provide a unique and powerful sound that is rare for most TWS out there right now. They also have a pretty solid EQ in the soundcore app.

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #21,314 of 63,207
Need an opinion from wireless bluetooth expert if I can humbly ask. From what I read SQ is decided by the wireless headphone which processes
the digital to analog signal from whichever DAPs transmitting. Thus, provided the same codec (i.e, APX, AAC, LDAC etc) were used between two DAPs,
the SQ should be identical. Is this correct statement? I am getting totally different SQ between two DAPs I used connecting to same wireless headphone,
so I am somewhat confused. Anyone care to comment. Sorry about my ignorance on this matter.

LDAC can have a range of quality options. This is usually buried deep in settings menus. Try to set the highest quality on each device.

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #21,315 of 63,207
Btw. I have fallen totally in love with Audio Techinca’s Pure Digital Drive technology. It’s available in 2 full sized over ear headphones and 1 neckband ear bud model so far - The moment I see that in a TWS it will be a no brainier for me to buy. The sound is delivered SO fast. They are Uber punchy and clear. Astounding, really.

OK - carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back