Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 12, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #21,271 of 62,436
The bomaker sifi are a great set of earphones. I'm tempted to get a backup pair

I finally caved in and ordered a pair from amazon.de, usually I see them for 50€, but now it looks like 40€ ... and had them shipped to my 'summer residence' in GER... and they arrived already ... question is when will I eventually get there? Will flying around be a thing again come June / July??? .. who knows.

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #21,272 of 62,436
Alright, just finished updating my OnePlus 6 to Android 10.... and nope, I'm still only getting "regular" TWS with the L2P rather than TWS+... which is a shame considering its SD845 proc. But eyyy, at least AptX is still working over TWS on OOS 10.3.2 stable, considering the myriad of Bluetooth issues I've heard the 10 Betas had. So yeah, unless somebody manages to find a mod that adds the TWS+ code to the OP6 firmware, I'm probably SOL until upgrade to something else. EDIT: Apparently things aren't that simple, read EDIT2 below.

That said, one silver lining is that the SoundCore app seems to store its settings per account in the cloud. Reinstalling the app bought me back all my EQ settings and tweaks, which is a welcome bonus (vs having to set everything up again from scratch).

EDIT2: Well upon further digging, it seems that TWS+ is INDEED working on OOS 10.3.2 stable in the OnePlus 6, just not with the L2P. See spoilered screenshots below.

GSAU763.jpg
6tGeSk9.jpg

Here it's pretty clear that the COAs are connecting fine through TWS+ (both earbuds connected at once - further confirmed with a trip to Dev Options where "AptX TWS+" is selected with it connected). The L2P do not connect through TWS+, only through "normal" TWS, even if I tweak the settings around in Dev Opts AFTER connecting the buds (which might not even work lol) or prior to connection (in which case the settings simply don't stick for some reason).

So yeah, things are a bit sketchy at this point TBH. Either OP6 OOS 10.3.2 has a broken TWS+ implementation, or the L2P is just MADE to not connect through TWS+. Which I can only confirm if somebody else can make the L2P connect through another phone (or another OP6 custom firmware) in TWS+ mode (both earbuds connected, one side active).

To be fair though, connecting through TWS+ isn't all that different either (as far as it's implemented in the COAs anyway). Putting the "active" bud away still cuts connection for a short moment, before the other one automatically resumes in mono... so it's not entirely seamless.

Only real difference with the L2P in TWS is that you have to press a button to resume on the "non-dominant" side compared to auto-resume (with a pause) on the COAs. Also, there's a possible L/R battery drain difference between TWS vs TWS+, but I don't really have multiple devices to test the COAs with (nor do I plan to, considering their backup status).

Another thing I have noticed however... is that for some reason, the COAs seem to sound a bit better back when it could only connect through "normal" TWS before I updated my OP6. Or at least that was how I remembered them to sound like. It might just be placebo and I can't confirm unless I can A-B both.
Nevermind, posted too fast and read too slow. Carry on!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #21,273 of 62,436
I know I’m super late to the party on this one but finally ordered the Sony xm3s on Amazon bc they had a one day delivery time, and they arrived this morning. Still very early impressions but after some EQ fiddling I’m really liking what I’m hearing, even coming from the MTW2s. Will provide updates later in the week. If anyone has EQ suggestions lemme know! (That clear bass slider is already at +4 for me :) )

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #21,274 of 62,436
Hey guys... What would you guys recommend as an upgrade to the bomaker sifi? I lost my pair of bomaker sifis, loved them. Not sure if i should just buy another one or if I should try something different. What do you guys recommend?

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #21,275 of 62,436
Hey guys... What would you guys recommend as an upgrade to the bomaker sifi? I lost my pair of bomaker sifis, loved them. Not sure if i should just buy another one or if I should try something different. What do you guys recommend?
Get another set, they are great.
I recommend the mifo 05. They aren't really an upgrade apart from case battery life. They have far more polite upper mids and treble. They are a bit too polite for my liking although they are very comfortable. I prefer the bomaker most of the time.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #21,276 of 62,436
Alright, just finished updating my OnePlus 6 to Android 10.... and nope, I'm still only getting "regular" TWS with the L2P rather than TWS+... which is a shame considering its SD845 proc. But eyyy, at least AptX is still working over TWS on OOS 10.3.2 stable, considering the myriad of Bluetooth issues I've heard the 10 Betas had. So yeah, unless somebody manages to find a mod that adds the TWS+ code to the OP6 firmware, I'm probably SOL until upgrade to something else. EDIT: Apparently things aren't that simple, read EDIT2 below.

That said, one silver lining is that the SoundCore app seems to store its settings per account in the cloud. Reinstalling the app bought me back all my EQ settings and tweaks, which is a welcome bonus (vs having to set everything up again from scratch).

EDIT2: Well upon further digging, it seems that TWS+ is INDEED working on OOS 10.3.2 stable in the OnePlus 6, just not with the L2P. See spoilered screenshots below.

GSAU763.jpg
6tGeSk9.jpg

Here it's pretty clear that the COAs are connecting fine through TWS+ (both earbuds connected at once - further confirmed with a trip to Dev Options where "AptX TWS+" is selected with it connected). The L2P do not connect through TWS+, only through "normal" TWS, even if I tweak the settings around in Dev Opts AFTER connecting the buds (which might not even work lol) or prior to connection (in which case the settings simply don't stick for some reason).

So yeah, things are a bit sketchy at this point TBH. Either OP6 OOS 10.3.2 has a broken TWS+ implementation, or the L2P is just MADE to not connect through TWS+. Which I can only confirm if somebody else can make the L2P connect through another phone (or another OP6 custom firmware) in TWS+ mode (both earbuds connected, one side active).

To be fair though, connecting through TWS+ isn't all that different either (as far as it's implemented in the COAs anyway). Putting the "active" bud away still cuts connection for a short moment, before the other one automatically resumes in mono... so it's not entirely seamless.

Only real difference with the L2P in TWS is that you have to press a button to resume on the "non-dominant" side compared to auto-resume (with a pause) on the COAs. Also, there's a possible L/R battery drain difference between TWS vs TWS+, but I don't really have multiple devices to test the COAs with (nor do I plan to, considering their backup status).

Another thing I have noticed however... is that for some reason, the COAs seem to sound a bit better back when it could only connect through "normal" TWS before I updated my OP6. Or at least that was how I remembered them to sound like. It might just be placebo and I can't confirm unless I can A-B both.
I don't have the l2P anymore to send a screenshot, but the issue might just be with the OP6. Which seems weird that any qc45 phone would have that issue, yours is the first i've heard of any phone doing that actually. But i used my l2P with both my V40 and miMix2S, and both phones connected to them via TWS plus. There was a prompt to enable it in both cases, after i'd paired the first one. Even though the prompt was there i still had audio coming through both. i excepted the prompt, and could use either whenever i wanted by themselves.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #21,277 of 62,436
The bomaker sifi are a great set of earphones. I'm tempted to get a backup pair
They are indeed. Worth it at that price imo.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #21,278 of 62,436
Aaaand the Sonys stutter with my windows computer lol

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #21,279 of 62,436
Aaaand the Sonys stutter with my windows computer lol
windows computers generally have pretty bad bluetooth chips in them compared to phones or newer macs (like really bad bluetooth chips).

anyway, i was gonna try the TFZ X3 for the combination of multi BA with apt-x, but if the Astrotec S90 pro have Knowles BAs in them i think i'd rather that. Knowles sound significantly better in my experience. if anyone else knows of an all Knowles BA TWS lmk before i pull the trigger on this one.

Apr 12, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #21,280 of 62,436
For those of you who have 1more ANC, have you dowloaded the new firmware (3.44)? I downloaded mine a couple weeks back, but due to covid-19, I have to get hospitalized for over a week. I am recovering right now at home and self quarantining myself, so now I have time to actually listen to my 1more ANC. The changelog say that they have tweaked the sound when the ANC is active because a lot of people complained that the sound become muffled (elevated bass and reduced treble) with the ANC turn on. They do change their tuning now, while the ANC is turned on, the bass is not overly prominent and the treble stays the same as with no ANC. Not only that, the sound without ANC also changed. They are now more balance, before iirc the bass is still the most dominant, but it only affect the mid a little bit. Now, the bass has been reduced to a tighter bass. The mid remained unchanged, while the treble actually got some boost. The treble has more splash on them now. This sound signature doesn't change significantly when turning on the ANC. I think they finally hit the nail with their sound tuning across the board (AND on or off) and it actually sounds more balance (shallow V sound signature) than before.
Oh and I am using foamies for my 1more ANC.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #21,281 of 62,436
For those of you who have 1more ANC...snip

This is super weird because mine were great before hand and 03.44 has turned then into a tinny little box. Can I ask where you got yours? because I'm seriously thinking there is something VERY different between 1More USA and getting them from Aliexpress??

EDIT, forgot to add the obvious ...good to hear you are on the mend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #21,282 of 62,436
This is super weird because mine were great before hand and 03.44 has turned then into a tinny little box. Can I ask where you got yours? because I'm seriously thinking there is something VERY different between 1More USA and getting them from Aliexpress??

EDIT, forgot to add the obvious ...good to hear you are on the mend :thumbsup:
I got mine directly from 1more website.
And true, it might sounds tinny at first, but you will get used to it and appreciate the more balance tuning (no more boomy bass). Tho, I still miss those punchy bass on some songs. Now, if they added custom EQ that will be a real winner right there.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #21,283 of 62,436
Does anyone know the general reliability of Soundcore's earphones?
They're pretty popular brands afaik - or at least has gotten popular as of late - but do wonder if they are sketchy.
(I'm planning to get the Spirit X2 for its long life, earhook and waterproofing)

Apr 12, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #21,285 of 62,436
I don't have the l2P anymore to send a screenshot, but the issue might just be with the OP6. Which seems weird that any qc45 phone would have that issue, yours is the first i've heard of any phone doing that actually. But i used my l2P with both my V40 and miMix2S, and both phones connected to them via TWS plus. There was a prompt to enable it in both cases, after i'd paired the first one. Even though the prompt was there i still had audio coming through both. i excepted the prompt, and could use either whenever i wanted by themselves.

Considering the rather buggy nature of the current crop of "stable" Android 10 ROMs being churned out by OP (at least for the older phones), yeah it might just be the OP6. Still rather funky that TWS+ would work fine for the COA but not with the L2P though, the Creatives must be doing something the Soundcores aren't.

Or maybe I'm just not pairing them right or something (currently doing the whole "reset and re-pair" thing that SC tells us to do).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back