Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #21,241 of 62,436
After a couple days with these really digging the sound of the Senn MTW2's. Just wish they would go a bit louder to maybe like 110-120%. The transparent feature works well. ANC seems pretty decent thought I haven't been on the subway with them (and won't be while this virus thing is around). Been using them for phone calls and no complaints from the other end, even on a pretty windy walk with the dog earlier today the MTW2's held their own besides a couple strong gusts.

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #21,242 of 62,436
After a couple days with these really digging the sound of the Senn MTW2's. Just wish they would go a bit louder to maybe like 110-120%. The transparent feature works well. ANC seems pretty decent thought I haven't been on the subway with them (and won't be while this virus thing is around). Been using them for phone calls and no complaints from the other end, even on a pretty windy walk with the dog earlier today the MTW2's held their own besides a couple strong gusts.
I also think they should be louder :frowning2:

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #21,243 of 62,436
I also think they should be louder :frowning2:

I'm the same way with my Beats Solo 3's as well. I just wish they would go slightly higher also. Seems to be a limitation with bluetooth in my limited experience

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #21,244 of 62,436
Great feedback. Did you have the Gen 1 MTW? If so, how does it compare sound-wise? Also, is the build still quite the plastic feeling? While most TWS are made primarily of plastic, the MTW just didn't feel that great in the hands.

Thanks! I borrowed the original MTWs about a year or so ago from a friend for a couple days, but never owned them. From my memory, the originals had a slightly wider soundstage, a more deep and resonant bass that I thought got a bit bloated on some tracks, which is not an issue on the MTW2s. The mids on the originals felt a little more recessed than they are on the MTW2s. I would say overall that the MTW2s are a bit more balanced but also a bit less full sounding, a little more dry than the originals. Still overall a rich and detailed sound though, just not spectacular for the money. Regarding build quality, they are pretty plastic feeling and light. I didn't mind it though to be honest. One thing I didn't mention was that the comfort was only okay for my ears. They were fine for about an hour then started causing some fatigue.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #21,245 of 62,436
@erockg So the MTW2 are a better fit than the MW07 ? Is isolation/ANC any different ? They both use the same "weak sauce" "force feed ANC but passive isolation is going to make a difference.

Having spent a day with them I don't have a lot to add to my review above, no issues noted. I'm surprised by the comment about soundstage as I find it to be as good as on the L2Ps, even wider actually. The tips make a big difference though. I tried the L2P tips in medium as they made the MTW2 sit "flusher" with the ear but that came at a significant cost in terms of width compared to the original tips. As for the FILL there's really no comparison IMHO, the MTW2 are head and above in terms of SQ, especially for the soundstage with the FILL sounding very very narrow.

Someone was asking the other day about ANC while riding a bike and I'd commented that it would likely have to be turned off like on all ANC TWS/Headphones as the mics used for the "force feed" ANC amplify the wind. Well I used my home trainer today with a fan and sure enough there was that unpleasant wind sound with ANC ON...and more surprisingly with ANC OFF too, even if it was a bit subdued. That's unexpected as neither the Echobuds or XM3s have that problem. Maybe the mics stay on somehow or it's how the "shell" captures wind noise somehow. Well the good news is that in spite of the hearty exercise and associated sweating I never had to readjust them, which has to be a first (In spite of their wings I've struggled with the Havit G1, FILL among others to maintain a seal while exercising).

Oh and I find them super loud, I was struck how loud they were compared to the Echobuds for instance.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #21,246 of 62,436
@erockg So the MTW2 are a better fit than the MW07 ? Is isolation/ANC any different ? They both use the same "weak sauce" "force feed ANC but passive isolation is going to make a difference.
In my opinion, yes, the MTW2 fit better than the MW07 Plus. ANC is a lot better with the MTW2. Yes, passive isolation is much better on the MTW2 that helps.

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #21,247 of 62,436

Having spent a day with them I don't have a lot to add to my review above, no issues noted. I'm surprised by the comment about soundstage as I find it to be as good as on the L2Ps, even wider actually. The tips make a big difference though. I tried the L2P tips in medium as they made the MTW2 sit "flusher" with the ear but that came at a significant cost in terms of width compared to the original tips. As for the FILL there's really no comparison IMHO, the MTW2 are head and above in terms of SQ, especially for the soundstage with the FILL sounding very very narrow.

Someone was asking the other day about ANC while riding a bike and I'd commented that it would likely have to be turned off like on all ANC TWS/Headphones as the mics used for the "force feed" ANC amplify the wind. Well I used my home trainer today with a fan and sure enough there was that unpleasant wind sound with ANC ON...and more surprisingly with ANC OFF too, even if it was a bit subdued. That's unexpected as neither the Echobuds or XM3s have that problem. Maybe the mics stay on somehow or it's how the "shell" captures wind noise somehow. Well the good news is that in spite of the hearty exercise and associated sweating I never had to readjust them, which has to be a first (In spite of their wings I've struggled with the Havit G1, FILL among others to maintain a seal while exercising).

Oh and I find them super loud, I was struck how loud they were compared to the Echobuds for instance.

I felt that the soundstage definitely has height and fantastic overall separation. However, I did feel that everything was happening within the head. Obviously most IEMs struggle with soundstage but expected a bit more width on these than I got. Overall still think they sound great! They sound much better than the FiiLs I was just noting that they have a similar sound signature.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #21,248 of 62,436
With regards to QC, I think it seems to plague all TWS regardless of price point unfortunately.

For example, I never had battery issues with my original MTW, which I still use almost daily. I got it last summer and came back last Nov from a 7 day vacation and the buds nor case were completely drained (I didnt want to take them to a beach resort so left them at home fully charged to test battery). Last night, I watched 3 full episodes of Narcos straight using my MTWs while connected to my Surface Pro 4. Others seemed to have worse luck when it came to the battery.

On the other hand, I had battery issues with my first pair of the MW07 Go. The second paid I got have been working perfectly so far. I also exchanged my JBL Reflect Flows for a new pair due to connectivity issues. Hopefully as the tech matures, these issues will start to go away.

Apr 10, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #21,249 of 62,436
hello,

I am considering buying the mifo o7 double BA. are there any users who own it? it is available from cesdeals for EUR 78.-
unfortunately I don't know the site.

thanks

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #21,250 of 62,436
Apr 10, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #21,251 of 62,436
You can see if it's on or off in the app.

You can tap the buds with a commando to toggle ANC on/off (standard is 1 tap on the right I believe, I changed it to double tap on the left). But the sound when tapping the ANC commando is the same whether it's on or off, so it's not possible to know that way. That must be a bug.
Well, now I’ve returned the MTW2s, would I be insane to get these? Never ordered anything directly from Linsoul, feels like a bit of a gamble lol.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/newmine-r10-tws
Those look really interesting. I, however think the Senns would be a overall better. I'm still Loving my Sennheiser MTW1, still sounding amazing with great fit. My Sonys are still number 1 though.

Apr 10, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #21,252 of 62,436
Well, now I’ve returned the MTW2s, would I be insane to get these? Never ordered anything directly from Linsoul, feels like a bit of a gamble lol.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/newmine-r10-tws

If a bunch of Bellsing armatures impress you. The Geekfly GF8 is less $$$ so less at risk and a couple have had them. One here and they liked the sound better than either the Sony or the Senn, I forget which one(think the Sony) but at least it has a good impression or two and at least you can order from the US I think.

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #21,254 of 62,436
hello,

I am considering buying the mifo o7 double BA. are there any users who own it? it is available from cesdeals for EUR 78.-
unfortunately I don't know the site.

thanks
Overall pretty good sound, elevated mids and mid-treble which gives a sense of clarity. Bass is typical armature - fast and without the slam of dynamic drivers. The buds and case are small and study. Touch controls work well and the mic sounds clear during conversations on both ends.

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #21,255 of 62,436
Yeah definitely get the N6's. Sometimes for certain kinds of music they sound as good as my Lola's. Gonna use my new WF-1000XM3's for paperweights I think

The Sony’s are average until you get a seal, then they blossom and the ANC comes alive. It’s worth it to tip roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back