Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 8, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #21,212 of 62,439
with everyone having to stay at home, the ANC helps a lot in my situation, with my wife and kid having Zoom conference with their work/school, also with them watching TV. i can still have my personal quiet bubble when needed.

also this is the time to bring all of my TWS and earphones to daily rotation :o2smile:
i listen to the same album from start to finish, and then listen to it again with a different earphones and enjoying the slight differences and nuances each of them present

currently I'm listening to the new Pearl Jam "Gigaton" album
Ha, very similar situation here, with wife / kiddo doing video conferences, while I am hunting food! They are both now used to me pretty much always having TWS in my ears ... and so far wife has not noticed that they all look different :D

Getting more playtime in with my TWS than usual ... right now really enjoying the combo or 1More Stylish and aptx connected to the TempoTec V1A, which I think was one of my best recent DAP buys ...
Listening to an old 1997 lounge album :)
tpst.jpg

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #21,214 of 62,439
Yeah definitely get the N6's. Sometimes for certain kinds of music they sound as good as my Lola's. Gonna use my new WF-1000XM3's for paperweights I think
HAHA, that's rough!

Have you tried to EQ? They need a little EQ massaging.

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #21,215 of 62,439
Hey would anyone be able to recommend the best EQ settings for the Sony WF-1000MX3 in the Sony App? I listen to mostly female vocals, blues, classical/opera, jazz, and instrumental guitar

Mucho gracias!

i set it flat, but reduce the clear bass setting to "- 4", or up to "-2" if i want more bass or watching movies.

other than that, i leave the other EQ untouched

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #21,217 of 62,439
Hi folks,

New member here - please forgive noob etiquette fails.

Just wanted to throw out that I ordered a set of the M5-TWS Customs a few weeks back - hoping to have them in about 4 weeks or so (COVID crisis obviously huge uncertainty). I've been reaching out to companies for R&D venture like this, so went absolutely nuts when I saw the new product announcement.

To set expectations - I'm coming from 64audio A8s and Campfire Solstice, and no chance these will hit that bar. However, I have an incurable obsession with wireless and have gone through countless sets of bluetooth dongles... which all tend to end in disappointment. Honestly, if these can simply deliver acceptable fidelity for conference calls I'd be happy. Anything not TWS tends to produce obnoxious feedback from physical contact unless you clip perfectly. I'm addicted to CIEM so won't use Airpod / Galaxy Buds which I assume solve that problem. Major bonus if audio fidelity is satisfactory for between-call jams, and can always switch to Campfires for pleasure.

Has anyone else ordered a pair?

I'll be sure to post review when I receive and would greatly appreciate if others can do the same - thanks.

Cheers and stay well,

Ryan

Apr 9, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #21,219 of 62,439
Hi folks,

New member here - please forgive noob etiquette fails.

Just wanted to throw out that I ordered a set of the M5-TWS Customs a few weeks back - hoping to have them in about 4 weeks or so (COVID crisis obviously huge uncertainty). I've been reaching out to companies for R&D venture like this, so went absolutely nuts when I saw the new product announcement.

To set expectations - I'm coming from 64audio A8s and Campfire Solstice, and no chance these will hit that bar. However, I have an incurable obsession with wireless and have gone through countless sets of bluetooth dongles... which all tend to end in disappointment. Honestly, if these can simply deliver acceptable fidelity for conference calls I'd be happy. Anything not TWS tends to produce obnoxious feedback from physical contact unless you clip perfectly. I'm addicted to CIEM so won't use Airpod / Galaxy Buds which I assume solve that problem. Major bonus if audio fidelity is satisfactory for between-call jams, and can always switch to Campfires for pleasure.

Has anyone else ordered a pair?

I'll be sure to post review when I receive and would greatly appreciate if others can do the same - thanks.

Cheers and stay well,

Ryan

It's crazy to me that Adv is charging $500 for them. More than their M5 normal custom. I would hate to imagine the regret when something better comes out (yes something better will always come out) but also when it comes time to replace the battery.

Apr 9, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #21,220 of 62,439
So, anybody know how to figure out what L2P HW Revision I have BTW? I've been hearing numbers being thrown around, but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Finally, anybody know how to check if the L2Ps are running on TWS+? Or if they just do if you're running a Snapdragon 845 device (mine's an OP6).

On the usb charging port cover is the S/N, which will tell the version.

Soooo. I'm still in contact with anker, trying to sort out my returns and what not. They told me the serial number is on the charging case tab, you'll need to pull it out and it's on the back.

To give you an idea. My version 1 starts with 1939, Version 2 starts with 1943 and my newest version ver. 3 starts wtih 1947.

As far as TWS+, you can start playing music then put the right piece back in the case and shut the lid. If the left plays with no pause, then it has TWS+. If it pauses, then connects to the left it does not.

My Pixel 3 XL is also has a Snapdragon 845 SoC (currently android 10) and does not have TWS+. Wish it did, I'd get another hour or two (or more) play time.

Apr 9, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #21,221 of 62,439
On the usb charging port cover is the S/N, which will tell the version.

As far as TWS+, you can start playing music then put the right piece back in the case and shut the lid. If the left plays with no pause, then it has TWS+. If it pauses, then connects to the left it does not.

My Pixel 3 XL is also has a Snapdragon 845 SoC (currently android 10) and does not have TWS+. Wish it did, I'd get another hour or two (or more) play time.

it's funny that the Airoha chip based TWS can achieve that seamless transition of the TWS+ without the need of Snapdragon 855 and up...the only thing that they still got going for them is because of the exclusive APTX codec. although to be fair, the difference between AAC and APTX are so small that even most people would not be able to hear the difference in A/B comparation (especially with streaming app like spotify)

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #21,223 of 62,439
A pity that Australia gets Exynos instead of Snapdragon in Samsung phones! (Planning on getting an S20 Ultra) :frowning2:

Try to import the SD variant, or just wait for next year's lineup. I think the difference in performance and efficiency is too much to justify settling for the Exynos variant, especially when the phone costs as much as it does. They're apparently not going to use the Mongoose architecture on Exynos chips from next year onwards and will be using reference. So the disparity should be minimal.

Wait, or try to import.

Apr 9, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #21,224 of 62,439
HAHA, that's rough!

Have you tried to EQ? They need a little EQ massaging.
Haha well... They're great for noise cancelling and watching movies, but they sound mediocre for music to me. The problem is I get very obsessive about that stuff and I would be constantly tweaking the levels... The N6's sounded great to my ears immediately.

Would love any advice on EQ settings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back