Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #21,136 of 62,174
Can i ask same question i asked earlier - how can you tell if ANC is active on the MTW2s?

So you don't have access to YouTube to listen to some "cabin noise" or is it that weak that you can't tell the difference whether it's on of off ?!

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #21,138 of 62,174
I just saw MRKWD's review of the Tevis this morning and his biggest complaint is the audio hiss, not as bad as L2P but still worse than others:

Perhaps his hearing is more sensitive in that region. Not sure if the hissing is a fault of QCC3020 or something else, as I notice it on both my Sabbat E12 Ultra and Tronsmart Onyx Neo, the Tronsmart being considerably worse.

Seems like Samsung may release a TWS with a "bean" non-in-ear design later this year:
https://www.androidauthority.com/sa...v5jaeJy2hnL96nFR7JzZTVQDuvNWSlo09D3ySTLMRBSmI

Lots of silly reactions but half of the shell with the charging contacts just looks like Anbes 359 or AUFO M1.

I don't have any hiss, and his ears are too small for the Tevis. They don't stick out half as much in mye ears. (But I can see the Tevis and it's form factor can be a problem to fit for guys with medium to small ears/ear canals.)

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #21,139 of 62,174
Today we look at the Lypertek TEVI on Headfonia.
https://www.headfonia.com/lypertek-tevi-review/

A new recommended buy!
Nice review, thanks.
I see you got the new ones, updated with new firmware and app connect. (saw you had the new packaging).
Lypertek should name them Tevi 2.0, cause they really are noticably better in many ways.
The sound, with better (deeper and punchier) bass, the app connect and when testing the bt range I have less dropouts in my 65 m2 apartment compared to my 1st editions. Maybe this is all because of the firmware update.
I feel the buttons on the buds are softer to press on my new ones. That's not firmware related :wink:

Apr 6, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #21,140 of 62,174
this might interest you @Caipirina
https://www.tomsguide.com/amp/news/samsung-galaxy-buds-2
JUrQz6G2JSJXKCW8hmxK2e-1200-80.jpg

Apr 6, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #21,141 of 62,174
Because he's a runner ? For running I think we're all set with the X12s :wink: But these could be covenient to sleep on or use inside a ski helmet. For that you need the wired EarPods for now.

Apr 6, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #21,142 of 62,174
Nice review, thanks.
I see you got the new ones, updated with new firmware and app connect. (saw you had the new packaging).
Lypertek should name them Tevi 2.0, cause they really are noticably better in many ways.
The sound, with better (deeper and punchier) bass, the app connect and when testing the bt range I have less dropouts in my 65 m2 apartment compared to my 1st editions. Maybe this is all because of the firmware update.
I feel the buttons on the buds are softer to press on my new ones. That's not firmware related :wink:
How do you know which version is which when buying?

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #21,145 of 62,174
My video about Kinera YH632. TL;DR they could be nice for about $40, but they cost about $75

Thank you. Great review

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #21,146 of 62,174
Can i ask same question i asked earlier - how can you tell if ANC is active on the MTW2s?
The only way to find out if you ANC is active without the app is to tap on the bud to switch it on (the factory setting is 2 times on the right bud) without music playing. You can hear the audible difference.

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #21,147 of 62,174
I actually find the highs/treble a little too harsh with silicone tips.
When comparing with Lypertek, have you updated the Tevis? The new ones I got, updated with new firmware and app support, are way better in every way than the original ones I got.
I actually like the high mids (especially female vocals) better with the Tevis than with the MTW2s. I hope I'll get hold of a Comply Truegrip Pro for the Senns soon. Think they will subdue the harshness a little bit. (have the ones for Lypertek/Tozo/JBL on the Tevis... excellent fit and sound!!)

Yes I’ve updated my TEVIs! I wrote the one of the first Amazon reviews of them in August last year (which I think is still the top review right now if you guys wanna check it out =D) and was early on the hype train. They’re still one of the best true wireless out there for reproduction of high frequencies in my opinion and I use them as my baseline for testing highs whenever I try new true wireless for review.

Regarding the MTW2s, I definitely hear the treble spike you’re talking about, I think it’s around 5-7k. This EQ setting has helped a lot with the sound overall in my opinion and has toned down some of that harshness while adding some warmth. Let
me know what you think if you try it!

Attachments

• 57D58D4F-BAEE-4C93-A8DC-E93979764D3C.jpeg
    57D58D4F-BAEE-4C93-A8DC-E93979764D3C.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #21,148 of 62,174
Yes I’ve updated my TEVIs! I wrote the one of the first Amazon reviews of them in August last year (which I think is still the top review right now if you guys wanna check it out =D) and was early on the hype train. They’re still one of the best true wireless out there for reproduction of high frequencies in my opinion and I use them as my baseline for testing highs whenever I try new true wireless for review.

Regarding the MTW2s, I definitely hear the treble spike you’re talking about, I think it’s around 5-7k. This EQ setting has helped a lot with the sound overall in my opinion and has toned down some of that harshness while adding some warmth. Let
me know what you think if you try it!
I tried it, liked it and saved it under tma6 :)
Will try it out on some of my fav music. Thanks.

I listened to the New music daily list on Apple Music (have also tested the same track on Tidal with Master setting), and heard the new Rita Ora song; "How to be lonely".
Try listen to it with Senn MTW2 (on neutral and with your Eq1 setting).
Her voice from 0:30... :scream: it's almost painful to listen to her. So harsh! (luckily it's not a song I often listen to :) )
It's not like that with either the Tevis or my new APPs. Much smoother with no sibilance at all.

I need to get my hands on some Comply Truegrip for the MTW2....

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #21,150 of 62,174
I tried it, liked it and saved it under tma6 :)
Will try it out on some of my fav music. Thanks.

I listened to the New music daily list on Apple Music (have also tested the same track on Tidal with Master setting), and heard the new Rita Ora song; "How to be lonely".
Try listen to it with Senn MTW2 (on neutral and with your Eq1 setting).
Her voice from 0:30... :scream: it's almost painful to listen to her. So harsh! (luckily it's not a song I often listen to :) )
It's not like that with either the Tevis or my new APPs. Much smoother with no sibilance at all.

I need to get my hands on some Comply Truegrip for the MTW2....

Hahah I’m honored. Oh this is interesting. I hear what you’re saying. This is very different from the music I usually listen to. I think this has to do with a particular effect on her vocals that’s being overemphasized by the MTW2s. I do think it could be that spike in 5-7k region since the effect and way it is produced seems to be enhancing the high frequency tension she’s putting into her voice. I’ll keep this in mind though and see if I can hear it elsewhere.

If you want to hear something that the MTW2s do probably better than any other TWS I’ve tried though, take a listen to Flying Lotus’ “Galaxy In Janaki”. Also not a song I generally listen to, but one I use for testing because on a lot of true wireless it sounds like an absolute mess. The MTW2s are able to separate everything very nicely while also maintaining good sub-bass impact and detail. While some stuff like the TEVIs and N6 Pros are able to achieve this separation to a certain degree, there is a loss of richness when compared w the MTW2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back