Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 17, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #20,703 of 62,452
Hi everyone
I have T1X and like them with comply tips
now looking at either LP2 pros or Mifo 07
I like a fun agressive sound (not analytical) - I listen to mostly country and old rock
I don’t need sound isolation or cancellation
which of there 2 would give best sound quality?
I could spend up to $200
any other suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #20,704 of 62,452
Hi everyone
I like a fun sound - I listen to mostly country and old rock
I could spend up to $200
Thanks

I’m not sure what you mean by “fun” sound, but I have the Mifo o7 because of their flat tone curve. If by fun you mean you want something that has more bass or treble than the artist intended, I would not get the Mifo. It will produce sound pretty much exactly as intended.

I prefer that sound profile and love the Mifo o7. But if you want to play with sound profiles the LP2 would likely be “better” from that perspective.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #20,705 of 62,452
Hi everyone
I like a fun agressive sound (not analytical) - I listen to mostly country and old rock
I could spend up to $200
Thanks

I mean ... "fun" is probably the best way to describe the lp2

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #20,706 of 62,452
Anyone else using the Echobuds here these days ?
I think this was mentioned at one point but when I have "ANR On" there is a weird "plugged ear" feeling when I turn the volume down from 11 to 10 (I counted all the Vol+ presses from mute). It's not there with ANR Off. This must have come with a recent FW upgrade because it definitely was not there initially.

So no one at all here using the Echobuds ?!

Mar 17, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #20,707 of 62,452
Anyone else using the Echobuds here these days ?
I think this was mentioned at one point but when I have "ANR On" there is a weird "plugged ear" feeling when I turn the volume down from 11 to 10 (I counted all the Vol+ presses from mute). It's not there with ANR Off. This must have come with a recent FW upgrade because it definitely was not there initially.

I have an Iphone XR and am on "Device Software Version" = 309467643. I don't seem to get a plugged ear feeling. Though sometimes I think foam or smaller tips can help relieve the pressure, if that seems to be building up.

Mar 17, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #20,709 of 62,452
Check out my most recent comment on the WF-1000xm3, the fit is a disaster :wink:

@asak - Thanks for pitching in. MIn my case it's clearly volume related, with the ANR ON going from level 11 to level 10 changes the sound completely in the right eat. At 11 it's fine at 10 the right ear is "plugged". I see I'm on 306714878 so way behind you ! I'll try to update them, the process is such a pain with things supposedly happening "in the background". Couldn't do like everyone else and have a menu dedicated to that...

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #20,710 of 62,452
Check out my most recent comment on the WF-1000xm3, the fit is a disaster :wink:

@asak - Thanks for pitching in. MIn my case it's clearly volume related, with the ANR ON going from level 11 to level 10 changes the sound completely in the right eat. At 11 it's fine at 10 the right ear is "plugged". I see I'm on 306714878 so way behind you ! I'll try to update them, the process is such a pain with things supposedly happening "in the background". Couldn't do like everyone else and have a menu dedicated to that...

and even if you do happen to get a good fit, as I did, forget about moving around. The Sony's break seal easily and have this bizarre "flopping" thing going on walking briskly. And I'm not talking about runner's thump.

That said, they are still one of my favorite TWS earphones. I have relegated them to sit down use only.

Mar 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #20,711 of 62,452

I hate that vacuum or plugged ear feeling. I get it with almost ALL silicone tips. I stick to foam for the most part now.

and even if you do happen to get a good fit, as I did, forget about moving around. The Sony's break seal easily and have this bizarre "flopping" thing going on walking briskly. And I'm not talking about runner's thump.

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I skipped it. I just couldn't see them not falling out of my ears. I've got short and smallish ear canals so fit is extra tricky at times.

Speaking of Sony in general though, I recently realized the Mavin Air-XR's are similar in sound signature to the MH755's. The EQ I came up with to use for each, ended up being pretty much identical.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #20,713 of 62,452
I suspect LDAC is not possible on true wireless due to bandwidth constraints, of having to send to both buds simultaneously, plus the power consumption would also be an issue. That's why AAPTx HD is not supported as well. I think there is a new standard being developed that will get around the bandwidth limitations but I am unsure when products will even start to be developed for it. Until then APTx and AAC are as good as it's going to get for true wireless I think.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #20,715 of 62,452
I want to love my Mifo o7 but find them uncomfortable and they slip out of my ears. Can anyone recommend me some eartips that fit in the case? I like the AZLA but impossible to get them at the moment, in AU at least.
Wow I find mifo07 is very comfortable and I can even use it while sleeping. I am using a modded foam tips on them and it makes a big difference as using a silicone tips creates a pressure on my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back