Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 18, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #20,716 of 62,486
and even if you do happen to get a good fit, as I did, forget about moving around. The Sony's break seal easily and have this bizarre "flopping" thing going on walking briskly. And I'm not talking about runner's thump.

That said, they are still one of my favorite TWS earphones. I have relegated them to sit down use only.

Yes I'm not sure what they were thinking, but they are large, heavy and stick out so unless you ram them into your ear canals (with the associated discomfort after a short while) well...they break seal. The L2Ps have a similar form factor BUT they come with wings to keep them in place. Hopefully Sony will have that too for the next generation as they did for the previous generation with the WF-1000x's "mini-wings".

An update on the volume change -> plugged ear with the Echobuds. It's very confusing but after trying them with my newer Nokia 8 vs my usual Lenovo P2 daily driver...well it's not there, regardless of the volume. The Lenovo is running Android 7 and the Nokia Android 8 but it's hard to see how that would have an impact on how ANR works !

Mar 18, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #20,717 of 62,486
I want to love my Mifo o7 but find them uncomfortable and they slip out of my ears. Can anyone recommend me some eartips that fit in the case? I like the AZLA but impossible to get them at the moment, in AU at least.

I’m using these, and love them.
misodiko TWS-Pro Earbuds Tips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJKTHSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sXGCEbY8705QR

I also have these and they also fit me very well, but I prefer foam to silicone:
https://www.radioshack.com/products...licone-replace-tips-s-m-l?variant=20331622277

Hopefully you can get either or both in AU!!!

Mar 18, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #20,718 of 62,486
I suspect LDAC is not possible on true wireless due to bandwidth constraints, of having to send to bother buds simultaneously, plus the power consumption would also be an issue. That's why AAPTx HD is not supported as well. I think there is a new standard being developed that will get around the bandwidth limitations but I am unsure when products will even start to be developed for it. Until then APTx and AAC are as good as it's going to get for true wireless I think.
Nice... There are some LDAC bluetooth cables you can use with IEM's but I haven't tried them, except for JH Audio's with my Lola's. Problem is the bass on it wasn't adjustable and it was really heavy.

Best solution I've been able to come up with is the ES100, which has LDAC.

Mar 18, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #20,719 of 62,486
I want to love my Mifo o7 but find them uncomfortable and they slip out of my ears. Can anyone recommend me some eartips that fit in the case? I like the AZLA but impossible to get them at the moment, in AU at least.
I've never seen those ones, but I'm using Acoustune AET08 tips with my Nuarl N6 Pro's and JH Audio Lola's. They're AWESOME tips... I always had issues with buds falling out of my ears before with stock tips, foam ones, etc.

Only issue is they might or might not fit on your buds...

Mar 18, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #20,720 of 62,486
So no one at all here using the Echobuds ?!

I still do! well, not for last several weeks because of a persistent ear infection. :frowning2: During this time, it's been Sony xm3 (headphones) for anc and AKG K371 when anc is not needed.

Mar 18, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #20,721 of 62,486
Mar 18, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #20,722 of 62,486
Yes, just checked mine and the "update in the background" worked since yesterday, I also have 309467643 now. No idea on what's new and neither does Google ! The "plugged ear" feeling in the right earbud still appears when going from VOL11 to VOL10 with my old Android 7 phone, very strange !

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #20,723 of 62,486
Two quick thoughts. The new firmware for the Sony XM3s is a big improvement. ANC and ambient modes sound better to me and they volume doesn’t jump all over the place when using Siri. Also thanks @assassin10000 for the Mavin Air XR’s they are fantastic! I’m really impressed. The detail and soundstage is just wow!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #20,724 of 62,486
Sooo, Whizzer has a new set out, the C3, with QC3020 / AptX at around 40$ ... but otherwise pretty 'boring' at least from presentation / first look ...

but what really bugs me are 31(!) 5star reviews all from MY and around the same time (not a single one has pictures) ... it is sad when sellers think we won't notice .. so, auto-pass on these unless some day I see some blazing reviews ...

coopbuds.jpg

(Currently listening to the TP1, which I still think I paid too much at 55$ for, they are ok, incredibly flimsy to take out of the case, and I always have to change the tips for listening, as they only fit back in the case with super flat tips)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #20,725 of 62,486
(Currently listening to the TP1, which I still think I paid too much at 55$ for, they are ok, incredibly flimsy to take out of the case, and I always have to change the tips for listening, as they only fit back in the case with super flat tips)

i share your opinion though i got them for about 30$. Not bad but nothing special either.

Mar 19, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #20,726 of 62,486
Well, I ended up returning the wf-1000xm3. I really enjoyed them but got two different issues with two buds, and had some frustrations with customer service.

Anyways, in back with the Nuarls and really missed that amazing imaging.

What I am looking for probably doesn't exist, but it's there any bud with ambient mode, good passive isolation, with a small case, that you can sleep on the side with? The new Galaxy buds+ or echo buds check so many boxes but I think the lack of APTx is bothersome given how solid the APTx connection is on my phone.

Mar 19, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #20,727 of 62,486
I doubt it, the only "earphones" I've ever been able to lie on the side with (of fit under a ski helmet) are the Apple Earpods !

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #20,728 of 62,486
Well, I ended up returning the wf-1000xm3. I really enjoyed them but got two different issues with two buds, and had some frustrations with customer service.

Anyways, in back with the Nuarls and really missed that amazing imaging.

What I am looking for probably doesn't exist, but it's there any bud with ambient mode, good passive isolation, with a small case, that you can sleep on the side with? The new Galaxy buds+ or echo buds check so many boxes but I think the lack of APTx is bothersome given how solid the APTx connection is on my phone.

Maybe in several more years lol.

I doubt it, the only "earphones" I've ever been able to lie on the side with (of fit under a ski helmet) are the Apple Earpods !

I could with the Tronsmart Spunky Beats. They sound good but not great. And of course lack ambient/anc.

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #20,729 of 62,486
It's unfortunate, because the tech is there, it's just someone with the balls to get it done and not cut corners for short-term gain. If someone truly invested in a game-changer, even if it costs more upfront, it would pay dividends long-term. Too many are looking for quarterly results, so they don't play the long game.

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #20,730 of 62,486
I have just got my hands on some kz s1 dual driver tws, and the left earpiece is defective. It pops and crackles with static that can be heard even when held about 30cm from my ear. It does this even when unpaired. And at any volume level. The right earphone sounds fine. It's not just ground noise, it's interference or something wired incorrectly. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also the tips are small or medium, and I use large or extra large. So I had to borrow some off my bomaker sifi. Needless to say, I'll probably be sending these back to amazon. Looks like I'll be going back to my bomaker sifi for my tws fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back