Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 22, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #20,071 of 62,125
After spending some time with the FIIL T1X I found that it’s just not smooth like my Senn MTW but for the price they’ll be good for what I need
once they burn in might suit me better
anyone know what foam tips would work with it
I prefer foam
thanks
I like this one
Earphone Tips F FEYCH Premium Replacement Earbud Tips Memory Foam Earphone Tips Blocking Noise Foam Tips Suit for 4.5-6.3mm Nozzle in-Ear Earphones with Storage Box(Small, 6 Pairs, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJSTB44/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_TlvuEb99KYA9S

Cut around 2-3mm from the bottom end.

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #20,072 of 62,125
Anyone else have sound leakage using their Sony WF-1000xm3? Upon a closer look, I can see bass ports on the side of the stalks that go into my ears. Even though I can't hear anyone around me with ANC on at work, they all say they can hear my music!
No, never experienced this. How loud are you listening?! :astonished:

Feb 22, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #20,073 of 62,125
I've had the new Galaxy Buds+ for a couple of days. Having mixed feelings about them. I've never considered myself a bass-head, but I was struck by how lacking in bass they are. Put on some Comply tips, which usually clears that up, but not so much with these. I find the sound very clear, lots of details, but "clinical" sounding, without much warmth. I seem to go for a warmer sound; my favorite wired in-ears are Triple-Fi 100's, and I also like the Blon BL03. Not thrilled with any of the 5 EQ presets on the Buds+. Been playing around with a different EQ app and I'm getting closer to a sound that I like. Previous pair of TWS buds were Elite 65t, which I quite enjoyed without any EQ. I wonder if I should return these to Amazon and try the 75t? I really want a pair that has an ambient/pass-through sound setting, which makes options rather limiting. I use these while backcountry skiing and hiking, so I'm not sure that the Sony's would be appropriate. Thought about Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus, but I don't want to spend $300. Any thoughts?

Other thoughts on the Buds+: I like the many features, but I'm finding the touch controls frustratingly over-sensitive. I can't put them in without activating something. I've tried three different foam tips and the case won't stay closed with any of them. Using a rubber band, which is mighty cheesy looking. I've got some Symbios on order. I find the Buds+ quite comfortable. I like the various ambient mode settings and think it sounds good, but wind noise is a huge problem when it's activated, which defeats the purpose when I'm using them outdoors and want to have some situational awareness.
I just got them as well as I was curious how it sounds with supposed Harman tuning. I originally thought the clinicalness was caused by 3k, but it's actually somewhere in the 6-8k. When I low-shelf that area down, the harshness reduces. Also, the stock tips are crap with narrow bore. Try out different tips other than the stock tips, the bass response will improve, and generally the imaging.

I played around with EQ, and I notice the harshness doesn't drop with reduction of the 3k, so I tried around 6-8k, and I narrowed it down to 6k-7k. This experience has me scratching my head. I saw Crinacle's measurement, showing that response looks Harman like, but the measurement doesn't show any peaks around 6-8k. Because if it sounds like this, I usually would see a peak.

I don't know if we can blame on Harman here, I think there's something more to it to this situation. Because usually people would blame the 3k (because that's the highest point they see on graph), but it doesn't seem to be that region, but in the lower treble.

Anway, USB Audio Player Pro's Tone Booster EQ is excellent.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #20,074 of 62,125
I use Spinfits for most of my TWS XM3s included, and it makes them seal better and stay in place better as well.

The only spinfit I have are the oval cp-350 eartips, and I love them, they are super comfortable and make the earphones sit super deep, but due to the oval shape and the extremely small size of the cap sometimes it doesn't want to seal right, like the oval is misaligned.

Have you tried the cp-360? What spinfits are you using?

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #20,075 of 62,125
Feb 22, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #20,076 of 62,125
Anyone know where to get the Nuarl N6 Pro's in Canada? Can't seem to find anything and don't really want to use a proxy. Also any recommendations for anything in the $100-200 price range would be welcome. Just focusing on SQ and comfort, ambient would be great but not necessary. Excluding the L2P's though.

Feb 22, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #20,077 of 62,125
Feb 22, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #20,079 of 62,125
The only spinfit I have are the oval cp-350 eartips, and I love them, they are super comfortable and make the earphones sit super deep, but due to the oval shape and the extremely small size of the cap sometimes it doesn't want to seal right, like the oval is misaligned.

Have you tried the cp-360? What spinfits are you using?
CP-100 for the Sonys.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #20,080 of 62,125
Feb 23, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #20,081 of 62,125
anyone tried: https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Wirelee...r_1_3?keywords=mpow+anc&qid=1582420812&sr=8-3

Mpow True Wireleess Earbuds ANC, Wireless Earbuds Touch Control Bluetooth 5.0, Earphone in-Ear with Active Noise Cancellation, Waterproof IPX6, 27 Hrs Playtime with Charging Case, Quick Charge Type-C

They are $50 now with $15 coupon.

I'd assume this is not the good feed-forward type of ANC. 7 hours with ANC off and 6 hours with it on. They haven't got the better ANC to be very battery friendly yet AFAIK. :)

Read that 3 star review that said the NC was a "joke".

Also bought a Simgot MTWS5 today after I saw they were 30% off. Seems with some burn in the Titanium coated driver is good sounding. At $23 shipped I bought in :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #20,082 of 62,125
Apologies to the group.

Pocket lint may have made an error in reporting that the ATH-ANC300TW had APTX HD

I mentioned it here.

But I don't think it has.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #20,083 of 62,125
Hey folks!
I'm looking for my first TWE and I've gone through many pages in this thread, which has just confused me more. :)
I'm looking for the following things in order of preference: Sound quality, USB-c, Ambient sound, ANC. ANC isn't something that is necessary, especially if passive isolation is good enough, but it's a great plus to have. Wireless charging is a bonus too. I do not care about touch controls. I'm looking to keep things under $150, but willing to go upto 200 or higher if the sound quality is great. I'll be using it with an iphone 11.

I like my sound warm and fun with a good balance across frequencies. A slight boost in the bass and even mids is great. I don't like V shaped sound so the mids should atleast be average.

Atter looking at so many options I'm half assed towards the APP, though its a bit pricey. But there are probably others that sound better and are cheaper. How do Galaxy Buds+ , Shanling MTW100 fare in comparison with SQ? Im afraid the Shanling may be too bright, not so sure about the GBuds+. The Cleer Allys seem to be OOS.

Looking forward to your suggestions and sorry for the long post.
Warm, good strong vocal mids, not too bright = tried (1)JBL free X or (2)MPOW M5 yet? but with micro usb. Realistic thick musician's studio sound esp Bass guitars, acoustic guitars, snares and rim shots have body and that rich ballsy rock guitar distortion. May not have that sharp clarity that audiophiles look for. I love it much. Another super choice is (3) SSK BT03, slightly brighter with usb c. :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #20,085 of 62,125
I tried the Nuarl back in December and could not get a great fit (then again, Japanese department store, and even though some have a box of Extra tips around to even let you play with that, I that one case I only had that one pair of tips) ... might need to give them a try again when I get a chance.
Hey you might want to try Acoustune AET08's. I found out about them when I was having trouble with my IEM's popping out and I'm using them on the N6's too. Great fit and super secure...Makes a big difference in sound quality it seems

I ended up buying mediums and largest just try them out. I also tried Spinfits and those popped out constantly if I walked, chewed food, etc. Seriously try the Acoustune's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back