Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #20,103 of 62,111
Turns out Klipsch T3 is also only microUSB but has Qi charging. Some mixed reviews on YouTube now. Saved me the effort of buying them. I remember the days when S4 was hyped as the anti-Beats by sites like CNET but was somewhat disappointed by them, especially the build quality.

Finally Galaxy Buds price has dropped, is the Galaxy Buds+ not enough of a jump to justify the difference? I've been using my dud Sabbat E12 Ultra and Tronsmart Spunky Beat as my daily drivers as of late. Both have the same channel imbalance issue where mids hit harder on the left - E12 Ultra responds well to foam padding to balance it but Spunky Beat less so.

Gonna return the Muzili EA10, even for 40$ I cannot live with the compromises it has. SBC only, distortion with certain sounds (fixable with disable absolute volume, but very tedious considering Samsung has removed "media volume sync" feature), and USB-C-to-A charging only. Sound quality was decent but slightly imbalanced with more bass on the left - overall tuning is a tad dark leans towards the mid-bass with not much sub-bass.

Feb 25, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #20,104 of 62,111
Put comply tips on my FIIL T1X - and made all the difference - smoothed everything out and sounds fun
wore it in hot tub tonight and the seal is pretty good with foam tips
It’s now a keeper as my secondary wireless earphones
Senn MTW is still my number one for SQ

which Comply tips did you go with?

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #20,105 of 62,111
Turns out Klipsch T3 is also only microUSB but has Qi charging. Some mixed reviews on YouTube now. Saved me the effort of buying them. I remember the days when S4 was hyped as the anti-Beats by sites like CNET but was somewhat disappointed by them, especially the build quality.

Finally Galaxy Buds price has dropped, is the Galaxy Buds+ not enough of a jump to justify the difference? I've been using my dud Sabbat E12 Ultra and Tronsmart Spunky Beat as my daily drivers as of late. Both have the same channel imbalance issue where mids hit harder on the left - E12 Ultra responds well to foam padding to balance it but Spunky Beat less so.

Gonna return the Muzili EA10, even for 40$ I cannot live with the compromises it has. SBC only, distortion with certain sounds (fixable with disable absolute volume, but very tedious considering Samsung has removed "media volume sync" feature), and USB-C-to-A charging only. Sound quality was decent but slightly imbalanced with more bass on the left - overall tuning is a tad dark leans towards the mid-bass with not much sub-bass.

if the battery life and call quality difference are important, I'd say go for the plus. but if you only be using it for music and othet listening (and think 6 hours at a time is plenty), stick to the cheaper older version

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #20,106 of 62,111
Had a chance to tried out 1more ANC on a long haul flight (24 hours total flight) and the ANC was pretty good in eliminating the engine noise from the airplane. When using the ANC at the highest setting which changed the sound of the buds in the airplane, I didn't really notice a big difference unlike when using the ANC on a quiet environment. The mid level ANC still let out a little bit of engine noise, but completely unnoticed while playing music or video. Without the ANC, the earbuds don't seal as good as my other TWS (mifo07 and Cleer Ally). I also tried the mifo07 and it definitely blocked outside noise better than 1more. Even without ANC, I found it isolate enough and it is much more comfortable when sleeping.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #20,107 of 62,111
if the battery life and call quality difference are important, I'd say go for the plus. but if you only be using it for music and othet listening (and think 6 hours at a time is plenty), stick to the cheaper older version
Better ambiance mode also. The ambiance mode on the original galaxy buds is a joke tbh.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #20,108 of 62,111
Talking of ANC changing the noise I finally heard the weird problem pointed out by others here about the Amazon Echobuds with the right ear "cutting out" at a specifice volume setting when in a high noise environment. Bump it up one notch and it's better, one more notch and it's perfect. Very odd !

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #20,109 of 62,111
Better ambiance mode also. The ambiance mode on the original galaxy buds is a joke tbh.

louder or more natural sounding?
I'm that kind of person who can still hear things around me quite well even with ANC on, so the old GBuds ambient mode is plenty loud for me :sweat_smile: but even though people's pronunciation are clear enough, i do think it's a bit robotic sounding

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #20,110 of 62,111
Just tried another pair of M&D MW07 Plus to see if the first pair was faulty... Nope, this pair also has appalling connection issues and drops all over the place no matter which pocket (not like that should matter at this price!) I have the source in. I've asked them for a refund and will hold back to see what else hits the market.

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #20,113 of 62,111
been using BT 5.0 for the last 3 months..and I can confirm that wireless/bluetooth is not there yet

what BT 5 device that you meant and also what's the benchmark that you are hoping?

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #20,114 of 62,111
Back in the thread ! Am I the only who misses the full length and systematic email notifications ?
Been travelling a bit and found the Echobuds to work really well in the train. I realized I could remove the wings without any fit issues and they've become a lot more comfortable. I've also been running with the Fill T1X a bit since the "RF interference fluttering" in the right ear is of course less noticeable in these circumstances. There is the "thump" of course compared to the X12 but when it's windy I think I prefer it to the wind noise.
I might still give the GGMM T1 a try but other than that I think I'm pretty much set at this point :
- Amazon Echobuds with ANR for travelling
- L2Ps for "critical" listening
- running : X12
- backup : bomaker with ikko shiny foam size M
- backup : MPOW M5
- backup : Havit G1
Funny you mention the Havit G1, yesterday, after quite a while, I gave them a whirl again and realized why I don’t use them often: they are a pain to get out of the case!!! And back in, you never know which way around and to read the R/L indicators I need to grab reading glasses ...

My current rotation includes the APP, both my X12 (black or blue, matching outfit :wink: ), Powerbeats Pro for running. Around the house the Bose SSF and 1More Stylish (aptx connected to TempoTec).

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #20,115 of 62,111
Is it just me or have the Haylou Gt1 PLUS completely vanished from AliExpress??? I've seen them just a few days ago and pretty certain even had them in shopping cart ... now I can;t find a single mention not even 'sold out' ... just a glitch? or Qualcomm called with a lawsuit?

Found that one comparison on gearbest that says that the plus has a different membrane compared to the other Haylous ... can anyone comment if / how that changes the SQ? Having the regular GT1 in my ears right now and still blown away by the sound of these tiny buds.
haylou.jpg

And yep, it WAS in my shopping cart ...
676E4E33-C150-4986-BCB1-F32EE809DE74.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back