Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #20,086 of 62,209
Put comply tips on my FIIL T1X - and made all the difference - smoothed everything out and sounds fun
wore it in hot tub tonight and the seal is pretty good with foam tips
It’s now a keeper as my secondary wireless earphones
Senn MTW is still my number one for SQ

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #20,088 of 62,209
I might hold off and see what the Technics EAH-AZ70W bring to the table.
Small hand, or huge earbuds?
1582535913844.png

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #20,089 of 62,209
Small hand, or huge earbuds?

Think they are on the larger size, but they have 10mm drivers and an acoustic chamber, hence the size.

'The EAH-AZ70W employ a newly developed large diameter 10mm driver that uses a graphene-coated hard plastic diaphragm in conjunction with an airflow optimised acoustic control chamber, to present treble detail and enhance bass response. This proprietary Acoustic Control Chamber design, unique to Technics, is patent pending.

This chamber is also primarily responsible for their fulsome design'.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/technics-eah-az70w-true-wireless-headphones

1582537731769.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #20,090 of 62,209
Where?

Edit: I got it now.
From upgrade instructions: "Once finishing upgrading for both sides, the Bluetooth Name will be changed from [LYPERTEK] TEVI - L/R to LYPERTEK TEVI - L/R. That means TEVI can be used with App."

My new ones are without brackets, and have this packaging:
new package_edited.png

so they perform the upgrade from factory then.

I talked with the Tevi guys and they say pressing RESET button in EQ section should reset the sound of Tevi to the original (clear high with tight deep bass)

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #20,091 of 62,209
What's new in the world of budget/ChiFi TWS?

Still haven't found anything to dethrone my Anbes 359, even though they've started glitching out when trying to pair to each other/to a phone, so I can't use them anymore. Their bass is just a cut above anything else I've ever tried, including the SSK with identical tips. Weird. Gimme suggestions for anything with similar/more bass than the Anbes, while keeping at least some of that beautiful clarity it has.
Tried JBL Free X and Mpow M5 yet? They seemed to have more bass than my SSK BT03. Clarity is close, they have just slightly thicker mids than SSK which I actually prefer. But both are micro usb.

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #20,092 of 62,209
so they perform the upgrade from factory then.

I talked with the Tevi guys and they say pressing RESET button in EQ section should reset the sound of Tevi to the original (clear high with tight deep bass)
The sound is fuller with more bass after the update (and on my new set) compared to the original sound, even if you press the reset button.
I prefer the "Lypertek Signature" (as it's called after pressing reset). Don't like the bass boost.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #20,093 of 62,209
Finally something new on AE that tickles my interest: Aptx, Usb-C, no mention on what / how control buttons. Sporty look! And yey, a color I like :)
And (allegedly) a 12mm driver !
Will wait for price drop, this is still asking 'full' price, I see on Alibaba that that sample price is more like 25$ .. and there's a sale coming up end of March anyways.
Like KZ, the left / right buds are switched in the box, not a biggie though.
melofun.jpg

Silly question maybe, with QC3020, does it mean it also does AAC?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #20,094 of 62,209
I'm quite curious about this since I recently saw that Bluetooth DACs and such are now available which seems really interesting but I get the feeling that wired solutions such as the Leckerton Audio DACs beat out any wireless solutions out there?

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #20,095 of 62,209
Got my Beoplay E8 3rd Gen the other day and finally have the time to really use them. A little light in the bass (I'm not using the app thanks to the overwhelmingly 'meh' reviews in Google Play) but they're quite comfortable. I love the single-tap to pause, though adjusting the volume is a little cumbersome as a result (hold for 2-3 seconds and the volume adjusts fairly quickly unless you remove your finger at the right time). I've switched between podcasts and the new Dream Theater album in 24/48 FLAC but sound is clear. Maybe one hiccup walking around Penn Station, but the connection was strong for my walk to work. There was one instance yesterday where they did not automatically pair to my phone when I took a bud out of the case, so I had to manually re-pair before it worked again.

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #20,096 of 62,209
Back in the thread ! Am I the only who misses the full length and systematic email notifications ?
Been travelling a bit and found the Echobuds to work really well in the train. I realized I could remove the wings without any fit issues and they've become a lot more comfortable. I've also been running with the Fill T1X a bit since the "RF interference fluttering" in the right ear is of course less noticeable in these circumstances. There is the "thump" of course compared to the X12 but when it's windy I think I prefer it to the wind noise.
I might still give the GGMM T1 a try but other than that I think I'm pretty much set at this point :
- Amazon Echobuds with ANR for travelling
- L2Ps for "critical" listening
- running : X12
- backup : bomaker with ikko shiny foam size M
- backup : MPOW M5
- backup : Havit G1

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #20,097 of 62,209
Got my Beoplay E8 3rd Gen the other day and finally have the time to really use them. A little light in the bass (I'm not using the app thanks to the overwhelmingly 'meh' reviews in Google Play) but they're quite comfortable. I love the single-tap to pause, though adjusting the volume is a little cumbersome as a result (hold for 2-3 seconds and the volume adjusts fairly quickly unless you remove your finger at the right time). I've switched between podcasts and the new Dream Theater album in 24/48 FLAC but sound is clear. Maybe one hiccup walking around Penn Station, but the connection was strong for my walk to work. There was one instance yesterday where they did not automatically pair to my phone when I took a bud out of the case, so I had to manually re-pair before it worked again.
I have also just vor my 3rd gen. Like you, I initially felt the light bass was somewhat light, but otherwise the sound is very clear. I think you should try the app. There are adjustment possibilities which may help your impression...

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #20,098 of 62,209
I have also just vor my 3rd gen. Like you, I initially felt the light bass was somewhat light, but otherwise the sound is very clear. I think you should try the app. There are adjustment possibilities which may help your impression...
I love mine. Use them every day. The EQ in the app works well for me and adds some nice deep bass. Battery lasts all work day too.

Feb 24, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #20,099 of 62,209
Back in the thread ! Am I the only who misses the full length and systematic email notifications ?
Been travelling a bit and found the Echobuds to work really well in the train. I realized I could remove the wings without any fit issues and they've become a lot more comfortable. I've also been running with the Fill T1X a bit since the "RF interference fluttering" in the right ear is of course less noticeable in these circumstances. There is the "thump" of course compared to the X12 but when it's windy I think I prefer it to the wind noise.
I might still give the GGMM T1 a try but other than that I think I'm pretty much set at this point :
- Amazon Echobuds with ANR for travelling
- L2Ps for "critical" listening
- running : X12
- backup : bomaker with ikko shiny foam size M
- backup : MPOW M5
- backup : Havit G1

my list would be:
-XM3 and Gbuds for more critical listening (depending if ANC needed or not)
-Airsun X8 and Dyplay BQC35 for motorcycle rides and Gym (depending on whether i want balanced or V-shaped sound)
-GGMM T1 for running, water-prone activities (washing the car, for one :o2smile:), and also for watching TV
-Nillkin Go, X12, Earin M2 for backups
-T1C and Soundcore Neo are rarely used and subject to sell or give away to family members

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #20,100 of 62,209
My top 3 tws that I am using right now:
-. Mifo07
-. 1more ANC
-. Cleer Ally
Back up will be Fiil T1X and samsung Galaxy buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back