Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #20,056 of 62,106
You might dig the Nuarl N6 Pro... I've paired them with my HiBy R6 Pro and with my iPhone AAC and honestly, I have a tough time discerning the difference when playing Tidal and Qobuz tracks

But they're pretty sweet... Much nicer sound that my Jabra 65's, although not up there with my JH Lola's and Audeze LCD-2's of course. Great for running too if you're into that
What?! The Nural N6 Pro is not up there with the Audeze LCD-2?! Madness! :stuck_out_tongue:

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #20,058 of 62,106
What's new in the world of budget/ChiFi TWS?

Still haven't found anything to dethrone my Anbes 359, even though they've started glitching out when trying to pair to each other/to a phone, so I can't use them anymore. Their bass is just a cut above anything else I've ever tried, including the SSK with identical tips. Weird. Gimme suggestions for anything with similar/more bass than the Anbes, while keeping at least some of that beautiful clarity it has.
This is odd. My Kisrall R18's are supposed to be identical to the 359's and they are severely lacking in bass (almost non-existant). My SSK on the other hand are sub-bass monsters to me, and this should be the case due to the 10mm drivers that no other UFO buds have had so far.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #20,059 of 62,106
Anyone else have sound leakage using their Sony WF-1000xm3? Upon a closer look, I can see bass ports on the side of the stalks that go into my ears. Even though I can't hear anyone around me with ANC on at work, they all say they can hear my music!

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #20,060 of 62,106
Anyone else have sound leakage using their Sony WF-1000xm3? Upon a closer look, I can see bass ports on the side of the stalks that go into my ears. Even though I can't hear anyone around me with ANC on at work, they all say they can hear my music!

that's not the bass ports, but the inside microphone for the ANC

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #20,061 of 62,106
I took the m&d 07 go out today to have another listen again. I had not used it for a few weeks as it sounded very sibilant. Strangely, the sibilance is now very well controlled. The sound quality is up there with the Nuarl N6 Pro now.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #20,062 of 62,106
You might dig the Nuarl N6 Pro... I've paired them with my HiBy R6 Pro and with my iPhone AAC and honestly, I have a tough time discerning the difference when playing Tidal and Qobuz tracks

But they're pretty sweet... Much nicer sound that my Jabra 65's, although not up there with my JH Lola's and Audeze LCD-2's of course. Great for running too if you're into that
I tried the Nuarl back in December and could not get a great fit (then again, Japanese department store, and even though some have a box of Extra tips around to even let you play with that, I that one case I only had that one pair of tips) ... might need to give them a try again when I get a chance.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #20,063 of 62,106
that's not the bass ports, but the inside microphone for the ANC
You sure? I thought the ANC mic was on the outside near the Sony logo? If I cover the silicone tips with my finger I can still hear music, but if I cover the tips and then the vents on the stalks that go into my ears, then then music is silent. When they are in my ears, the ports on the stalks are exposed so everyone hears my music.

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #20,064 of 62,106
You sure? I thought the ANC mic was on the outside near the Sony logo? If I cover the silicone tips with my finger I can still hear music, but if I cover the tips and then the vents on the stalks that go into my ears, then then music is silent. When they are in my ears, the ports on the stalks are exposed so everyone hears my music.

Screenshot_20200222-123604_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200222-123623_Chrome.jpg

this is from what i read on teardown article here
https://hifigo.com/blogs/tws/deep-dive-teardown-of-true-wireless-earbuds-sony-wf-1000xm3-hifigo

i also thought that long groove on the stem to be bass ports, but it seems to be a mic array for ANC. my other ANC TWS (Airsun X8) which was advertised having outward and inward ANC mics also have the same groove, so i guess it checks out :grin:

i haven't tested covering it like you did, but if you said by covering it the music is blocked too, maybe it also works dual purpose as a vent?

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #20,065 of 62,106
Screenshot_20200222-123604_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200222-123623_Chrome.jpg

this is from what i read on teardown article here
https://hifigo.com/blogs/tws/deep-dive-teardown-of-true-wireless-earbuds-sony-wf-1000xm3-hifigo

i also thought that long groove on the stem to be bass ports, but it seems to be a mic array for ANC. my other ANC TWS (Airsun X8) which was advertised having outward and inward ANC mics also have the same groove, so i guess it checks out :grin:

i haven't tested covering it like you did, but if you said by covering it the music is blocked too, maybe it also works dual purpose as a vent?
Thanks for this. I appreciate it. Yes, it must be for both. It definitely blocks music. Such a bummer because now I feel like I’m disturbing folks in my office. Ha ha!

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #20,066 of 62,106
Well I just tried the wf-1000xm3 on my usual weekend trip to the city. I've been using the ER4XR with small comply tips on the Radsone ES100 for the last almost 2 years to cut out the horribly loud noise of the train and car traffic.

I have to say, I've been tip rolling all week to find the best fit for the most isolation and fit, but even so the anc doesn't touch the level of isolation I get with the etymotics combo. I think it comes down to the weak passive isolation despite my best efforts.

The positive though is that they are extremely comfortable. The 2 hour ride with etymotics usually leaves my ears a little tender, but I feel like I could eat the Sonys forever. The ambient mode is also great, and I could talk to store cashiers perfectly without taking out my earphones.

Sound wise they are also amazing. Coming from the Nuarl NT01AX on APTx I wasn't expecting much from an SBC connection but the timber in the vocals is great. Bass is perfect and the eq works great adjusting it without making it sound weird. The highs are nice and sparkly. I prefer the balance of all the frequencies more than I did on the Nuarls, but for staging and imaging I feel that the Nuarls are much better. DSEE HX seems to help with separation and imaging though.

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #20,067 of 62,106
The QuietPoint ATH-ANC300TWs will last just 4.5 hours on a single charge.

What are they thinking, a mere 4.5 hours in 2020. No matter how good they sound (I doubt they are much better than other procuts in that price segment) that's simply unacceptable.

Is this the only set with AptX HD?

Feb 22, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #20,069 of 62,106
Well I just tried the wf-1000xm3 on my usual weekend trip to the city. I've been using the ER4XR with small comply tips on the Radsone ES100 for the last almost 2 years to cut out the horribly loud noise of the train and car traffic.

I have to say, I've been tip rolling all week to find the best fit for the most isolation and fit, but even so the anc doesn't touch the level of isolation I get with the etymotics combo. I think it comes down to the weak passive isolation despite my best efforts.

The positive though is that they are extremely comfortable. The 2 hour ride with etymotics usually leaves my ears a little tender, but I feel like I could eat the Sonys forever. The ambient mode is also great, and I could talk to store cashiers perfectly without taking out my earphones.

Sound wise they are also amazing. Coming from the Nuarl NT01AX on APTx I wasn't expecting much from an SBC connection but the timber in the vocals is great. Bass is perfect and the eq works great adjusting it without making it sound weird. The highs are nice and sparkly. I prefer the balance of all the frequencies more than I did on the Nuarls, but for staging and imaging I feel that the Nuarls are much better. DSEE HX seems to help with separation and imaging though.

I use Spinfits for most of my TWS XM3s included, and it makes them seal better and stay in place better as well.

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #20,070 of 62,106
After spending some time with the FIIL T1X I found that it’s just not smooth like my Senn MTW but for the price they’ll be good for what I need
once they burn in might suit me better
anyone know what foam tips would work with it
I prefer foam
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back