Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 20, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #20,026 of 62,439
Feb 20, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #20,028 of 62,439
The Sonys are great in an office/home setting, but outdoors skiiing, I'd beware. The fit is wonky for some, myself included. Passthough is a must for me. Great sound too.

Reading between the lines here, it seems like the Clear Ally Plus have already been thrown to the wayside? I have my eye on them because they check all the boxes for me regarding features (ANC) and fit, but now I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer.

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #20,029 of 62,439
Reading between the lines here, it seems like the Clear Ally Plus have already been thrown to the wayside? I have my eye on them because they check all the boxes for me regarding features (ANC) and fit, but now I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer.

They are definitely great. They sound amazing, although I did have a few problems with distortion on some of my older CD rips. I didn’t hear the same distortion with the Sony‘s, AirPod pros, B&O and others. The ANC is great but not as strong as the Sonys or the AirPods. For me, it was the fit. I couldn’t get them to fit well because they didn’t sit deep enough in my ears like some of the other options I own. But it sounds like not many people are having that issue at all. If you can get them from Amazon, try them out because the return policy for Amazon prime is amazing.

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #20,030 of 62,439
I was going to buy the Ally Plus, but they are sold out everywhere. I talked to a guy at a website that sells them and he said that, because of Coronavirus, we cannot expect them anytime soon and he did not know when they would be restocked.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #20,033 of 62,439
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #20,035 of 62,439
Got a wild hair and decided to bore out my Ikko's a little with my dremel. I'm very pleased with the result.

Attachments

• 3kVdl+tuRLibKPUYkflCYg.jpg
    3kVdl+tuRLibKPUYkflCYg.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 8TY7vdt2QYCCSJPCOfOCAQ.jpg
    8TY7vdt2QYCCSJPCOfOCAQ.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #20,036 of 62,439
Yeah, definitely something wrong with your pair or my pair if you could not tell a difference in bass boost with ANC on versus off. I don't portend to have a very good ear but that was a night and day difference. In the youtube reviews, it was mentioned a firmware fix was coming to lower the bass with ANC on. Was wondering if it every happened.
Well I'm not saying it is fake news or anything but I do have a reasonable ear (actually most of us should be reasonably ok with bass frequencies) and seriously, I had/have no difference between sat concentrating in a quiet room full ANC, non, full ANC, non, full ANC, non, full ANC etc for 20 or so different tracks of blues through electronic, through 60s rock and anything else in my eclectic collection.

I can't actually remember the original firmware (v0.03.something) but mine did do an update to v0.03.31 Before and after ...I have no idea what folks are on about?? Mine came direct from the 1More shop on AliX.

Is this the infamous Internet of everyone complains but those without a problem never speak up?? Pinch of salt me thinks.

EDIT: oh, and just to be clear, the sound profile (for me anyway) is excellent!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #20,039 of 62,439
Wondering if anyone else has updated the firmware on the NUARL n6 Pro’s? I can put mine in firmware update and the firmware downloads just fine to 100% but then I get an error “oem validation failed footer”

tried left and right buds

*edit*... Man, I still can't figure out how to update the firmware on the N6's. Guess I'll reach out to their support

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #20,040 of 62,439
Hey folks!
I'm looking for my first TWE and I've gone through many pages in this thread, which has just confused me more. :)
I'm looking for the following things in order of preference: Sound quality, USB-c, Ambient sound, ANC. ANC isn't something that is necessary, especially if passive isolation is good enough, but it's a great plus to have. Wireless charging is a bonus too. I do not care about touch controls. I'm looking to keep things under $150, but willing to go upto 200 or higher if the sound quality is great. I'll be using it with an iphone 11.

I like my sound warm and fun with a good balance across frequencies. A slight boost in the bass and even mids is great. I don't like V shaped sound so the mids should atleast be average.

Atter looking at so many options I'm half assed towards the APP, though its a bit pricey. But there are probably others that sound better and are cheaper. How do Galaxy Buds+ , Shanling MTW100 fare in comparison with SQ? Im afraid the Shanling may be too bright, not so sure about the GBuds+. The Cleer Allys seem to be OOS.

Looking forward to your suggestions and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back