Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 9, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #19,756 of 61,384
Also in Bluetooth settings try another Bluetooth Audio Codec after a factory reset.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #19,757 of 61,384
So the thread title asks if we're there yet.... I'm not sure.

I think I'll be retiring my Galaxy Buds in favor of a Blon BL03 and an ES100. These $36 IEM's with the ES100 definitely sound much better to me than the Galaxy Buds.

I'm somewhat the opposite, i also have the BL03 and ES100, but i rarely use them and prefer the Galaxy buds over that setup. the tuning of the GBuds is more pleasing and enjoyable for me, and that's not even mentioning the better overall using experience

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #19,758 of 61,384
Also in Bluetooth settings try another Bluetooth Audio Codec after a factory reset.

I was thinking about that. If nobody else is having problems with the iem. Then it probably is the source and not the iem. If changing the codec fixes the problem, then it is probably the phone who hates sending out that codec.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #19,759 of 61,384
I am also kinda laughing and head shaking at that statement ... a whole generation is growing up on those mono BT speakers that sound more or less terrible, but are considered good as long as they have lots of bass! These kids are now discovering TWS ... and what we used to call 'stereo' is now known as 3D sound :D
What?! You mean it's not really 6D stereo sound?!

1581229319619.png

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #19,760 of 61,384
Feb 9, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #19,761 of 61,384
Anyone looking for a TWS for under $50 I would recommend the SoundPEATS Truengine SE for $41.39 (10% discount on Amazon) as I've received mine on 30th of January 2020 and have used it extensively. The QCC3020 chip is amazing as the Bluetooth connection is strong and stable along with making AptX Codec sound crystal clear and 99.9% latency free so essentially making TWS sound like a wired pair of IEMs especially with TWS plus. https://www.amazon.com/SOUNDPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-Crossovers-Cancellation/dp/B07YRLK978

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #19,762 of 61,384
For anyone interested to buy the Soundcore Liberty 2Pro, here is a $50 discount code on Amazon I got from the Soundcore app. I guess it's personalized so probably can be only used once.
To the fastest clicker in the west (or east), enjoy!
M9XT-TGTV2K-DSLUAR

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #19,763 of 61,384
i responded to people who wrote "just as the artist /audio engineers intended" so often in this forum that I started to get tired and just leave them be.
most who made that statement never worked in audio fields. even if they do, but still make that statement, they usually are not very adaptive to varying situations and have questionable work flow.

Ah the youth of today... bring back the good old days of Linn Sondek and Pink Triangles, and those that could tell the difference between different speaker cable ...although my neighbours never did like my taste in music, or the decibel level, lol

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #19,764 of 61,384
What?! You mean it's not really 6D stereo sound?!

Course it is, that's when they subtlety modulate the balance to instil a calmed feeling of wellbeing, or if overdone, sea sickness. You get that programmed into your headphones nowadays for those that can't afford the really expensive vinyl required to reproduce the sound ...and a Linn Sondek.

Feb 9, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #19,765 of 61,384
Feb 9, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #19,766 of 61,384
The QCC3020 chip is amazing as the Bluetooth connection is strong and stable along with making AptX Codec sound crystal clear and 99.9% latency free so essentially making TWS sound like a wired pair of IEMs especially with TWS plus.

no it doesn't. AptX is not comparable to wired IEMs in SQ. i use the bt20s and wires sound better with the IEMs no matter what. sorry but your post sound like an ad for soundPEATS.

Feb 9, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #19,767 of 61,384
no it doesn't. AptX is not comparable to wired IEMs in SQ. i use the bt20s and wires sound better with the IEMs no matter what. sorry but your post sound like an ad for soundPEATS.
To add onto your point, I've used some AptX TWS that had more latency than AAC or SBC. The chipset is just a base the manufacturer has to build off of. AptX GENERALLY has lower latency than AAC or SBC, but there are lots of things the manufacturer can do wrong to make it not true. Using a junk antenna is one. AptX doesn't magically make headphones better, in SQ or latency.

Feb 9, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #19,768 of 61,384
To add onto your point, I've used some AptX TWS that had more latency than AAC or SBC. The chipset is just a base the manufacturer has to build off of. AptX GENERALLY has lower latency than AAC or SBC, but there are lots of things the manufacturer can do wrong to make it not true. Using a junk antenna is one. AptX doesn't magically make headphones better, in SQ or latency.

Do not forget the driver also :)

Feb 9, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #19,769 of 61,384
Or amp to drive the dynamic drivers well. I suspect it's the weak sauce amps to save battery life on TWS.

I'd be curious how 10mm Carbon based dynamic drivers would sound. Like diamond like Carbon or Carbon nanotube, will struggle from the typical TWS amping. BA drivers are a solution, but BA driver have higher distortions, and sound bandwidth issues. They just don't sound natural to my ears. The issue likely stems from not moving as much air as a vented dynamic.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #19,770 of 61,384
Of course! I was just referring to latency as @Singleton said AptX made TWS 99% lag free. But yeah there's lots of units with AptX and terrible sound due to poorly tuned drivers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back