Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 5, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #19,651 of 62,436
I have...
1More Stylish
Because youtube said they were great, and I absolutely agree (apart from the firmware that changed the button operation which I think is now dreadful, PLEEEEEASE give me decent track control back INSTEAD of volume)​
Fiil T1 X
Because youtube said they were even better, they are not.​
Horrible level of white noise that would creep into quiet passages in the music (that rather strangely did go quiet a few seconds after pausing playback but comes right back when you play again?!?) (show stopper)​
The seal keeps a really good deal of ambient out, but is so good that you get thumping when you walk (show stopper), and drive flex that people were talking about.​
Lypertek Tevi
Because youtube suggested they were too good to be true and audiophile level sound, but were most definitely not and went back after a week of burn in.​
Horrible level of white noise that would creep into quiet passages in the music (show stopper)​
Far to bright if nt shrill for my ears.​
and finally
1More ANC
Contrary to some comments, I think these are great.​
Just a little more warmth and detail at the higher end than the 1More Stylish.​
ANC that you can switch off​
I know one of the you tubers said something about more base when the ANC is on, but I sat in a quiet room for an hour flicking ANC on and off with the mobile App, and I just don't get that at all. I don't know if I got a good pair or everyone is simply echoing what that guy said.​
Only thing is, I still don't like the button layout.​
cheers

Feb 5, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #19,653 of 62,436
Hi Trebor, if that was for me, then both.
I'm talking about a general level of white noise or hiss on both channels. The Tevi had that as well, but even worse than the cheaper T1 X. The hiss is there during playback. Pause or stop the playback and all you hear is the hiss for about 3 seconds or so, after which it's as if the buds realise and zero out the noise floor. Very strange.

I also have the weak left hand side unit that squeaks and clicks and stuff when you put it in or move it around or waggle your ears.

I got them on offer from gear best so didn't bother trying to send them back or I would have tbh.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #19,654 of 62,436
I did look at the Sound sport free but they were huge and had ANC so wasn't going there ...but the no wires perked my interest. And then TWS really started to take off on the back of the apple AirPods.
The Bose SSFree do NOT have ANC ... but yes, they are on the bigger side, similar to the 1more Stylish IMHO. I love the sound and they don't thump when running.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #19,655 of 62,436
I have...
1More Stylish
Because youtube said they were great, and I absolutely agree (apart from the firmware that changed the button operation which I think is now dreadful, PLEEEEEASE give me decent track control back INSTEAD of volume)​
Fiil T1 X
Horrible level of white noise that would creep into quiet passages in the music (that rather strangely did go quiet a few seconds after pausing playback but comes right back when you play again?!?) (show stopper)​
The seal keeps a really good deal of ambient out, but is so good that you get thumping when you walk (show stopper), and drive flex that people were talking about.​
Lypertek Tevi
Because youtube suggested they were too good to be true and audiophile level sound, but were most definitely not and went back after a week of burn in.​
Horrible level of white noise that would creep into quiet passages in the music (show stopper)​
and finally
1More ANC
Contrary to some comments, I think these are great.​
Just a little more warmth and detail at the higher end than the 1More Stylish.​
ANC that you can switch off​
I know one of the you tubers said something about more base when the ANC is on, but I sat in a quiet room for an hour flicking ANC on and off with the mobile App, and I just don't get that at all. I don't know if I got a good pair or everyone is simply echoing what that guy said.​
cheers

a) it looks like you have discovered that watching YT reviews can give you trust issues :)
b) I think you are one of the few who rather want to have track control instead of vol control on the buttons ...

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #19,656 of 62,436
EP9iAGjWsAEilf1.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #19,657 of 62,436
IPX2? That's the lowest rating I have ever seen on TWS, but hey, at least they are honest about it and not like others with no official rating just casual 'should resist some sweat' statements ...

"IPX1 – Offers protection from some water drops to an extent of at least 10 minutes.

IPX2 – This adds on to IPX1, however, this ranking requires that the product can survive being rotated while having water dripped on for at least 10 minutes."

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #19,658 of 62,436
Can anyone recommend third party tips that will still charge in the SSK case?
I use the SpinFit 360 with my SSK in large without issues.
Thanks for the advice. The Spinfit CP360 do fit in the SSK case but I'm suffering from serious "IEM thump" when walking with them. Has anyone managed to find foam tips such as the Ikko or Misodiko that fit in the SSK case?

Feb 5, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #19,659 of 62,436
I have...
1More Stylish
Fiil T1 X
Lypertek Tevi
and finally
1More ANC
Contrary to some comments, I think these are great.
Just a little more warmth and detail at the higher end than the 1More Stylish.
ANC that you can switch off
I know one of the you tubers said something about more base when the ANC is on, but I sat in a quiet room for an hour flicking ANC on and off with the mobile App, and I just don't get that at all. I don't know if I got a good pair or everyone is simply echoing what that guy said.
cheers
That's what I am experiencing with my 1more ANC too.

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #19,660 of 62,436
Here's my review of the Edifier TWS NB, and I'm really positive. Impressive ANC and battery life and a warm, friendly sound signature. It may not offer the most analytical sound, but I consider it a way better daily driver than the more artificial sounding Liberty 2 Pro.

Edifier TWS NB vs Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro.jpg

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #19,661 of 62,436
Here's my review of the Edifier TWS NB, and I'm really positive. Impressive ANC and battery life and a warm, friendly sound signature. It may not offer the most analytical sound, but I consider it a way better daily driver than the more artificial sounding Liberty 2 Pro.

Fantastic review! Now if only I could convince you to try the Nuarl N6 Pros.. :D

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #19,662 of 62,436

I definitely understand there may be some manufacturing variances with Chi-Fi, so my impressions are not in disagreement with yours, simply a different experience.

I also found the ANC was effective, but ambient mode on mine was off, as the open mic on the L earbud was WAY sensitive and let in a lot of noise, while the R earbud open mic was hardly picked up anything. Was your set like this?

I thought the bass was great, but the treble sounded very metallic and artificial, definitely more than the L2P, which is not necessarily natural.

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #19,663 of 62,436
The Bose SSFree do NOT have ANC ... but yes, they are on the bigger side, similar to the 1more Stylish IMHO. I love the sound and they don't thump when running.
I must be losing it :slight_frown: I thought they had been, sorry about that. That was a couple of years ago when they were new ish and the price was a bit higher than the £250 I paid for the QC30 at the time.

a) it looks like you have discovered that watching YT reviews can give you trust issues :)
Well there are a couple I don't even bother to watch anymore :laughing: but it's just the same with forums or chatting down the pub :weary:

So more people fiddle with the volume than skipping or replaying an odd track? ...that surprises me

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #19,664 of 62,436
Anyway, ditched them and went back to a set of Bose Sound sport with no ANC and was able to enjoy my music again in full detail.
Interesting. The Bose SoundSport are semi-open and have far less overall isolation than the QC30. I find the SoundSport Free have the same isolation, but sound better than the original SoundSport.

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #19,665 of 62,436
IPX2? That's the lowest rating I have ever seen on TWS, but hey, at least they are honest about it and not like others with no official rating just casual 'should resist some sweat' statements ...

"IPX1 – Offers protection from some water drops to an extent of at least 10 minutes.

IPX2 – This adds on to IPX1, however, this ranking requires that the product can survive being rotated while having water dripped on for at least 10 minutes."

"IPX½ May freeze up, rust, and short-circuit in a light misty fog."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back