Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #19,471 of 62,198
Sure, to each their own, do try the Comply/left - Silicone/right test though when you get a chance :wink: I had to do that to pinpoint the problem I was having with the Complys.
I've found that I have less of a problem with "shiny" foams like those that came with the Jabra Sport Elite or the ikko ones. I think the famous Shure "olives" might be like that too but I haven't had a chance to use them.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #19,473 of 62,198
Hey guys, what tms has great balanced sound and EASY buttons to push in so you're not jamming them in your ears. The bomakers and the Sabbat e12's I'm finding too resistant so they become uncomfortable I've time.
I'd like at least 5hrs playtime.

For the X12/E12's I typically tuck my index in the top and push the button with my thumb, so no pressure at all.

You may want to try a touch sensor TWS. The Air-XR I got not too long ago doesn't have overly sensitive touch sensors. Double tapping for track skipping is somewhat of a pain, they like really fast taps.

Sure, to each their own, do try the Comply/left - Silicone/right test though when you get a chance :wink: I had to do that to pinpoint the problem I was having with the Complys.
I've found that I have less of a problem with "shiny" foams like those that came with the Jabra Sport Elite or the ikko ones. I think the famous Shure "olives" might be like that too but I haven't had a chance to use them.

The Shure's are my favorites with small diameter IEM's. They have a smooth outer coating. The Ikko and Misodiko are similar.

The generic AliExpress foams appear to be between the coated and rougher Comply tips. I've never used actual comply tips so I can't 100% say for sure.

I typically prefer foam tips. I don't like the vacuum/suction effect I get with silicone.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #19,474 of 62,198
RTings have just published their review of the L2Ps : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/anker/soundcore-liberty-2-pro-truly-wireless

It's detailed as usual but I find it a bit lacking in terms of "feel", there are no comments about the hiss for instance (that all versions have to some extent) which you'd think would have been measurable with all the stuff they measure. Also they give it a poor soundstage, while I think we all agree here that it's one of its best features. It almost seems that they've decided that it was impossible for an IEM to have a good soundstage due to their design. Maybe it's because they're not able to measure it with their dummy head ?

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #19,475 of 62,198
Is the passive noise isolation bad? I use my mifo 07 and t1x on a daily basis and I don't think I need any ANC tbh. I use mine in my workplace, starbucks, laundromat and barely hear anything if any it will be super loud and you probably want to hear those sound really (firefighter sirens for example)

I would tend to agree. When I have my mifo o7s in, even when at lower volumes, the passive isolation is enough for me. I can’t hear people talking to me when they are in.

Now if only they had passthrough....

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #19,477 of 62,198
Tip question for the Mifo o7.

I have both the RadioShack and the misodiko TWS-Pro tips, along with the OEM.

Only the OEM tips fit in the case and allow the buds to charge.

while I prefer both the others (especially the Misodiko), not fitting in the case is a deal breaker.

anyone know what I can use that will fit? (or may fit if you haven’t tried it but it fits in your shallow case) fit?

thanks!

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #19,478 of 62,198
Tip question for the Mifo o7.

I have both the RadioShack and the misodiko TWS-Pro tips, along with the OEM.

Only the OEM tips fit in the case and allow the buds to charge.

while I prefer both the others (especially the Misodiko), not fitting in the case is a deal breaker.

anyone know what I can use that will fit? (or may fit if you haven’t tried it but it fits in your shallow case) fit?

thanks!

Are the Misodiko too long or too wide in diameter? If diameter roll the tips and insert into the case.

I found the small Ikko tips barely fit the Spunky Beats case. Medium or Large would have been too large in diameter to fit.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #19,479 of 62,198
I will give it a try, see what happens. I switched so long ago, right after I got the L2Ps, worth a listen. My aging ears are not as needy as some, haha. Both the L2P and M1s sound so nice, I hesitate to try another else until some new tech hits, maybe the Google Pixel Buds II, who knows?

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #19,481 of 62,198
Last week Aufo M1 was on sale for 50$ and the price went up earlier this week, but this morning there was a Lightning Deal for 42$CAD on Amazon.ca. Hope they can replace my Jabees Firefly Pro (which I still can't seem to find) and don't sound Aufo!

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #19,482 of 62,198
Are the Misodiko too long or too wide in diameter? If diameter roll the tips and insert into the case.

I found the small Ikko tips barely fit the Spunky Beats case. Medium or Large would have been too large in diameter to fit.

ummmmmm....this is one of those...why didn’t I think of that...!!!!

confirmed, all sizes of the Misodiko fit, if you roll and quickly get them into the case. Perfect!

the RadioShack ones are indeed too long to do that. :frowning2:

thanks for the idea!

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #19,483 of 62,198
ummmmmm....this is one of those...why didn’t I think of that...!!!!

confirmed, all sizes of the Misodiko fit, if you roll and quickly get them into the case. Perfect!

the RadioShack ones are indeed too long to do that. :frowning2:

thanks for the idea!

Glad it worked.

If you want decent short silicone tips that may fit, there is the Spinfit CP360. I have them but still prefer foam.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #19,484 of 62,198
Received my 1more today. So far not good. The sound is excellent with ANC off. Detailed and clean. When ANC goes on they become a muddy boomy mess. No details and the highs roll off completely. It has to be a mistake of some sort. They claim a fw update is coming on 2/2 so I'm hopeful they will fix this. Otherwise they have to go back. It's too bad. Build quality is top notch and the metal case is excellent. Fingers crossed. Maybe try burn in? IDK.
Super bummer!

Thanks for the feedback, as I was on the fence here, given I've gone mostly into over-ear streak recently. Still looking at some of the top TWS', but my collection just got too big. I'll wait for the FW update.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #19,485 of 62,198
New JVC sports type coming...
15.jpg

Not everything known. BT5.0, LDS antenna, aptX, TWS+, 9 hours per charge, IP55 rated, low profile wind resistant shape and smaller size.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back