Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #19,501 of 62,137
I would prefer a $1000 TOTL TWS iem. Because these devices are so easy to carry and use. And unlike traditional IEMs, no need for a dac, amp and cable. Just buy a TWS IEM and use it with your smartphone, endgame !

If someone makes a TWS IEM sounding good as current audiophile wired earphones that can be revolutionary.

They(the higher end brands) only offer the option to plug in to a BT cable. We are talking multi-armatures, up to double digit drivers so no room. The expensive dynamics also wouldn't sound near as good if you crammed up a bunch of stuff inside their housings. They will resist trying to solve all the issues that comes with an all in one solution so you are gonna get more of the Ionic SE215, Fostex TM2, Fiio/TRN style solution to plug the $1000 plus earphones into. We are just waiting for better versions of this type.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #19,502 of 62,137
The closest I’ve been able to get to that is getting a JH Audio Bluetooth for my Lola IEM’s. You’ll be into a fair amount of money but man... the sound is comparable to my Audeze cans.
I suspect we will get there eventually. I am guessing that right now the issue is that we need LDAC support in TWS and so far no one has done it. Has to be tied to either battery drain or chipset size because even Sony left it out. Presumably, higher end DAC/AMPs may require more power and space too. I have to believe an innovator like Audeze has something cooking in this space. TWS isine 20?
oh man that would rule (Audeze). I never spent more than $300 on headphones until i happened to be in a sound store and listened to LCD-2s. I listened to music for hours every night on them

Jan 31, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #19,504 of 62,137
yes pass through does not use ANC. How do you think they compare to the MiFo? I noticed they raised the price on the MiFo.
They both fit me well, 1more of course stick out more. The mifo07 case is the smallest case I've seen other than the original airpods, while the 1more is bigger, but considering the size of the earbuds, it is actually pretty small (about the same case size as t1x). In term of sound, I would give it to mifo07, but I only listened to 1more for only 10 minutes so I can't confirmed it right now.

Jan 31, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #19,505 of 62,137
Anyone tried these? They check all the boxes, with ANC, ambient mode, AAC/AptX, 10h battery and they look kinda cool.
Of course, they don't send to Norway :triportsad:

that logo though... for common folks who look at them, they might assume i was wearing a typo ridden cheap TWS :sweat_smile: . it's similar to the upcoming Google buds in form, so i might check that one out because it looks more subdued

How good is the sound quality of Sony WF XM3 ? Equivalent of which wired earphone ?

i like it a lot. nice and pleasantly tuned, and has EQ to shape it more a bit. i turn down the extra bass down a couple of notch, but that's it. i leave the rest of the EQ untouched.

I would prefer a $1000 TOTL TWS iem. Because these devices are so easy to carry and use. And unlike traditional IEMs, no need for a dac, amp and cable. Just buy a TWS IEM and use it with your smartphone, endgame !

If someone makes a TWS IEM sounding good as current audiophile wired earphones that can be revolutionary.

the only concern for buying TWS ia the longevity.. the battery would surely must be replaced, and the electronics inside would become obselete. to put it in example, most of the earlier 200 usd and up - TWS from a few years a go like the Earin, Bragi, etc, they do have a nice tech even by today's standard, but the sound is surpassed even by the 20usd chifis..and worst of all, the battery life is decreasing and the companies might not be around anymore to provide services

so for me personally, for 300 usd above, i would still put my money on detachable IEMs and use replaceable BT dongles.

If these are as good as they sound, I'm all in: https://www.earmicro.com/ They're supposed to have Bragi OS on them. Those were some of my all-time favorite true wireless earbuds. I'm sure they'll go on sale too. Seems Klipsch always has sales.

this looks great! and the features on the list are also seems useful. the only question is how much would they cost?

Jan 31, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #19,506 of 62,137
oh man that would rule (Audeze). I never spent more than $300 on headphones until i happened to be in a sound store and listened to LCD-2s. I listened to music for hours every night on them
Me neither until I discovered Audeze l. Went from isine10 to isine20 to mobius to lcd 2 classic and now the i3. Slippery slope for sure.

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #19,507 of 62,137
that logo though... for common folks who look at them, they might assume i was wearing a typo ridden cheap TWS :sweat_smile: . it's similar to the upcoming Google buds in form, so i might check that one out because it looks more subdued

i like it a lot. nice and pleasantly tuned, and has EQ to shape it more a bit. i turn down the extra bass down a couple of notch, but that's it. i leave the rest of the EQ untouched.

the only concern for buying TWS ia the longevity.. the battery would surely must be replaced, and the electronics inside would become obselete. to put it in example, most of the earlier 200 usd and up - TWS from a few years a go like the Earin, Bragi, etc, they do have a nice tech even by today's standard, but the sound is surpassed even by the 20usd chifis..and worst of all, the battery life is decreasing and the companies might not be around anymore to provide services

so for me personally, for 300 usd above, i would still put my money on detachable IEMs and use replaceable BT dongles.

this looks great! and the features on the list are also seems useful. the only question is how much would they cost?
I think those are the $600 TWS' Klipsch is releasing. So, just a drop in the bucket. :xf_eek:

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #19,509 of 62,137
Jan 31, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #19,510 of 62,137
We will definetly get there. Probably in 5 years or even less. Wireless headphones will reach the quality of wired ones so the entire amplifier, cable etc. industries will die. Because a wireless standalone headphone will be able to perform equally or better than them !
I agree with this. It’s only a matter of time.

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #19,511 of 62,137
If these are as good as they seem, I'm all in: https://www.earmicro.com/ They're supposed to have Bragi OS on them. Those were some of my all-time favorite true wireless earbuds. I'm sure they'll go on sale too. Seems Klipsch always has sales.
Loved my Bragi dash. Glad they are still in business. Awesome piece of engineering.

Jan 31, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #19,512 of 62,137
Me neither until I discovered Audeze l. Went from isine10 to isine20 to mobius to lcd 2 classic and now the i3. Slippery slope for sure.
Wow I hasn’t seen the i3’s. I bet they sound amazing huh? I just dropped some loot on some JH Lola’s otherwise I’d probably get ‘em. Nice that they come with the Bluetooth cable too - had to buy that separately from JH

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #19,513 of 62,137
Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #19,515 of 62,137
Quiet night here ... did anyone get in on the drop panda?
pandadrop.jpg

???

AliExpress Sale ends in 3.5h, anyone got anything good?

Finally wiggled through and ordered the TempoTec V1A (DAP) for 86$ after coupons. Could apply pretty much everything incl. 6$ select :)

Want to use mainly as a BT player for my TWS ... curious about HibyOS .. hoping it will be easier to wade through half a TB of music files ... found that kinda impossible with other high storage players where I end up scrolling down the same long alphabetical list ...
Now, I guess they will not send out before Feb 3 .. so I can STILL change my mind on those :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back