Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 1, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #19,531 of 62,443
How good is the sound quality of Sony WF XM3 ? Equivalent of which wired earphone ?
Sadly if you've been building a collection of IEMs, then none of the tws offerings will likely be equivalent to anything you have. I listed my most commonly used IEMs recently and the Sony's tws xm3 doesn't match any of them in SQ. The xm3 is in my top 5 fav tws earphones.

Feb 1, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #19,532 of 62,443
Cool. I'd hit the pins every couple months with the alcohol and toothpick trick.

Been doing that, so far all good. But still battery drain when I leave them un-monitored, so, charging the night before with lid open so I can see the lights.

Hahahaha. Only so you can try 10 more cheap TWS.

Yeah, I like my many little play-buds ... unlike what someone said before, if only there was a 1000$ TOTL ... i like having many different for different sounds, shapes, occasions, satisfying hoarding needs ... @Bartig knows what I am talking about :D

Feb 1, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #19,533 of 62,443
Been doing that, so far all good. But still battery drain when I leave them un-monitored, so, charging the night before with lid open so I can see the lights.

Yeah, I like my many little play-buds ... unlike what someone said before, if only there was a 1000$ TOTL ... i like having many different for different sounds, shapes, occasions, satisfying hoarding needs ... @Bartig knows what I am talking about :D
I think everyone online here knows what you are taking about :o2smile:

Feb 1, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #19,534 of 62,443
Seeking some advice on how to maximise battery length with the Senn MTWs - am loving the SQ, but the charging case is a complete mystery to me as it seems to actually make the buds discharge faster than the speed of What.
The trick i've found with these is constant use seems to mitigate this problem, but also if they do get to a point where they won't shut off because case is dead but buds aren't, i'll put them in pairing mode, place them in the case and then they shut off. I've confirmed this by pulling them back out of the case and they power up. Been using these almost exclusively during this aweful process of a move that i'm going through currently, while taking advantage of Amazon's 90 day trial of Amazon Music HD, and it's been awesome except the UI of the app is pretty aweful imo. I mention that to say that battery life hasn't taken a hit like i wondered if it would, as these usually just get used with spotify these days as i lost my SD card. I haven't charged the case since wed and i've used them for like 8 hours in total since last charge. Fwiw, i know the specs say 12 hours with case and buds combined, but i've always been able to get just a hair past 5 hrs on 1 charge at 65-70% volume. YMMV of course, but these little tricks have helped over the year plus i've owned them.

Feb 1, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #19,535 of 62,443
Just received the Mifo o7s, to join the Bowmaker SiFi, Mavin Air-Xi and the Nuarl 6P's I've been trying out.

I wanted to check with folks here to see if I just have a defective unit - they are absolutely terrible at clipping, in particular if you listen to Soulwax "Conditions of a Shared Belief" on FROM DEEWEE, 02:45 onwards is almost constant abrasive clipping on each earbud. Is this so for other owners here ? I've never heard such clipping on any other device I've tried. Same track has no problems with my other sets.

Is this the problem that is addressed with mythical firmware one can tantalizing see here : http://www.mifo.hk/appdwon/ but not actually install without a baidu account ?

The o7s are an absolutely fantastic fit, and when not clipping sound good. But, crikey.

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #19,536 of 62,443
mainstream review of the 1more. This is pretty harsh actually. I can’t remember seeing PC Mag go that low. FWIW, I don’t find them to be bright.
https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/1more-true-wireless-anc-in-ear-headphones-ehd9001ta

from your link:
The ANC doesn't seem to change the sound signature noticeably.

quite a few mentioned ANC changed the sound (thus the firmware fix). i can understand if ANC isn't as strong as others on the market but saying they are bright and no sound signature change is utter bs.

not to mention he recommend jabra elite 75t which has the exact same drivers as the 65t over it because of cheaper price and SQ just sound like he didn't even give the 1more a chance from the start or spent 6mins on it listening to 2 tracks. Also every other review mentioned the 1more sounded better then the APP but has weaker ANC.

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #19,537 of 62,443
Just received the Mifo o7s, to join the Bowmaker SiFi, Mavin Air-Xi and the Nuarl 6P's I've been trying out.

I wanted to check with folks here to see if I just have a defective unit - they are absolutely terrible at clipping, in particular if you listen to Soulwax "Conditions of a Shared Belief" on FROM DEEWEE, 02:45 onwards is almost constant abrasive clipping on each earbud. Is this so for other owners here ? I've never heard such clipping on any other device I've tried. Same track has no problems with my other sets.

Is this the problem that is addressed with mythical firmware one can tantalizing see here : http://www.mifo.hk/appdwon/ but not actually install without a baidu account ?

The o7s are an absolutely fantastic fit, and when not clipping sound good. But, crikey.

would be interested in hearing how the O7s compare to the Nuarl N6ps :)

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #19,538 of 62,443
Hey guys, after getting many IEMs that have been recommended on this forum, I must say most of them have been super good. This time, I am interested in getting a pair of in ear tws. Now I've been searching on and on and just can't seem to make a decision.
So far I've looked into these as my budget is somewhere in the range of 40 to $50 max
Anker soundcore liberty neo
Mpow t5
Tronsmart spunky beat
Haylou gt1 plus
Anker soundcore life p2
I listen to pretty much every genre and am open to any sound signature except for piercing treble...that's a no no
Have I overlooked some pairs here? All I want is great sound quality on a budget, these will be used for sports and cycling mostly, don't care about other features

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #19,539 of 62,443
IMG_20200201_200530167.jpg I loved my spinfit cp350, they are hands down the most comfortable silicone tips I ever had, but I didn't like the isolation sometimes. They have a slightly oval shape and when it is not aligned it doesn't seal properly.
I was going to buy some Mandarin hybrid foam tips, but being cheap I decided to experiment stuffing them with different foams I had putting around.

Here they are with some de-cored medium Shure Olive tips. They are great. The Shure foam expands quicker than earplug foam or comply foam. You don't have to crush them as the silicone tips does the work for you. Isolation is great every time now.

Feb 1, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #19,540 of 62,443
Hey guys, after getting many IEMs that have been recommended on this forum, I must say most of them have been super good. This time, I am interested in getting a pair of in ear tws. Now I've been searching on and on and just can't seem to make a decision.
So far I've looked into these as my budget is somewhere in the range of 40 to $50 max
Anker soundcore liberty neo
Mpow t5
Tronsmart spunky beat
Haylou gt1 plus
Anker soundcore life p2
I listen to pretty much every genre and am open to any sound signature except for piercing treble...that's a no no
Have I overlooked some pairs here? All I want is great sound quality on a budget, these will be used for sports and cycling mostly, don't care about other features

out of those listed I’d take the Spunky Beats. The first 2 on your list are lovely, but more bulky. The last 2 I have not tried.

ppl will mention the Fiil T1X, but good luck getting them in Croatia :wink: they appear often on sales on Amazon US.

Start with the Spunky Beat and then get hooked, order more. :wink:

Feb 1, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #19,541 of 62,443
ppl will mention the Fiil T1X, but good luck getting them in Croatia :wink: they appear often on sales on Amazon US.
Start with the Spunky Beat and then get hooked, order more. :wink:
You can get the Fiil T1X at Geekbuying and Gearbest. I'm in Norway, so I don't find it interesting because of tax and toll handling will make them very expensive. (25% tax, and $20 in toll handling for everything over NOK 350 ($38)). Maybe it's cheaper in Croatia?
I agree that, besides the very sensitive touch controls, the Spunky Beat is a safe buy. They sound very good for the price, and the fit is also fantastic. I woke up this morning with the buds still in my ears. :)

Feb 1, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #19,542 of 62,443
You can get the Fiil T1X at Geekbuying and Gearbest. I'm in Norway, so I don't find it interesting because of tax and toll handling will make them very expensive. (25% tax, and $20 in toll handling for everything over NOK 350 ($38)). Maybe it's cheaper in Croatia?
I agree that, besides the very sensitive touch controls, the Spunky Beat is a safe buy. They sound very good for the price, and the fit is also fantastic. I woke up this morning with the buds still in my ears. :)
You can also get the Fill on AE, but at 70$ they are not interesting.
Spunkies as sleep buds. What happens when the battery runs out? Annoying beeps, voice?

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #19,543 of 62,443

Did you play it with max volume? You can try to turn it down a little on that particular song. And since the bass is very tight one, you will always feel the need to turn it up especially in bass heavy song hence the clipping. As I have said earlier, if you like bass heavy songs, stay away from mifo07. It is best for acoustic type of music.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #19,544 of 62,443
Did you play it with max volume? You can try to turn it down a little on that particular song. And since the bass is very tight one, you will always feel the need to turn it up especially in bass heavy song hence the clipping. As I have said earlier, if you like bass heavy songs, stay away from mifo07. It is best for acoustic type of music.

I am using the Misodiko TWS-Pro tips for this reason. The improved isolation provides a bump to the bass AND increases the volume in the ear. This basically means I have no reason to turn it up to full volume and therefore have zero clipping.

but would agree, if you are looking for something with a lot of heavy bass, these won’t do it. That said, I love the purity of studio monitor style sound, so I love these immensely...particularly with foam tips!

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #19,545 of 62,443

On the verge to order Mifo 07's. How's the sound compare to Nuarl 6n pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back