Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #18,316 of 62,366
I have had my Nuarl N6 Pro for several days now and can share a few general subjective comments:

They are smaller than I had expected based on photos.
Fit is excellent; very secure and unobtrusive.
Connection is rock-solid. Nearly instantaneous pairing.
Imaging and soundstage precise and realistic.
Instrumental and vocal timbre nearly flawless.
Able to reveal subtle details in well-mastered recordings.
Build quality of both buds and case is superb.

Nits:
Buttons are rather difficult to identity by touch.
Easy to inadvertently press buttons when inserting.
Upper treble can be brash at times.
Intolerant of poorly mastered recordings.
Needs a quality app to fully explore capabilities.

Great impressions, mine are near identical. I am pretty amazed how poorly they handle some recordings. I too would like an app to add some low end to them. I found the N6 to be very similar almost identical but tuned with more bass and slightly less detail.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #18,317 of 62,366
Custom EQ is finally here for LP2! Update your Soundcore app now!
How awesome! It would be nice if you could see the pre-set EQs and adjust them as a custom setting, but I'm not complaining. Having an actual EQ makes them absolutely amazing -- we don't have to settle on making do with the existing ones.

I hope Fiil will add that to their app. That would be great.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #18,318 of 62,366
Is the pro really that light on bass? I mean, since they called it “pro” it HAS to be better right?
They sound great, but There's just not enough bass for me. If you liked the MW07, you'll love the N6 Pro. I think they are better in every way, they have decent bass, just no sub bass, they are cross over quite high for my taste.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #18,319 of 62,366
Just got a pair of fiio utws1's.
Sound good, but connection is kind of sucky. Hard to connect first time, and was just using and keep getting glitches. Turned them off, pulled out my bt20 and they are rock solid, no glitches.

Anyone else have them, and see this?
Don't know if they are defective?

Randy

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #18,320 of 62,366
Why? Lol. Should just be TW really.

i don't know, I'm not the one who comes up with that :sweat_smile:

probably to differentiate from the older, single ear- mono true wireless ones that people use for phone calls

Jan 9, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #18,321 of 62,366
OK, now that I have the N6 Pro's working again, This is a pretty simple comparison to the N6. The N6 is a better all around performer for me. It's def. missing a touch of that high end detail which makes the Pro stand out, but the Pro is just missing so much low end, it still has bass and IMO the Pro has a bit better mids they seem a little veiled in the N6. With that said the N6 is no bass monster, it has an adequate amount and it's accurate and sounds great. They are both really similar but i'm keeping the N6. Also the Pro feels a little better quality with the silicone finish on the exterior and I feel like the pro feels a little heavier maybe the button ring is metal instead of plastic like on the N6, but i'm just speculating. For $30 less it's a winner for me and I found the Auvio's to be the best sounding tips for me on the N6.

Also, I must mention the T1x in comparison is like a combo of the N6 and N6pro. It's truly a beauty. The sound stage is not as wide and the mids are def. fatter on the N6 and pro but on Bass EQ mode it really is incredible for $35-$45. However I can really crank the N6 and the T1X hurts my ears at the same volume as It's def. much brighter. I also really like the N6 pro, damnit. I just wish it had the same bass and as the N6 with all that great detail. More to come.

Can you guys please talk about brands I have actually, you know, heard of and recognise? Sometimes I think Head-fi is written in Klingon.

Haha.... Fair enough. However, this thread definitely has become biased towards chi-fi brands, but for good reason - - cfi-fi brands are iterating more quickly than the larger, widely recognized brands.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #18,322 of 62,366
Yeah, the few well known brands that does make TWS usually doesn't deliver when it comes to price to performance ratio.

I would deffo pay more for a well known brand if they start to deliver on the software front.

Chi Fi got you cowered were it comes to pure audio quality, but what I want from a more expensive brand is awesome software features.

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #18,323 of 62,366
Regarding the N6 Pro bass or lack thereof, I personally find it to be well-balanced tonally. I chose the Pro as I am not a fan of boosted bass. I am fully satisfied with the stock bass level.
That said, it would be really nice to have an app to create custom settings!

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #18,324 of 62,366
Jan 9, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #18,326 of 62,366
OK, now that I have the N6 Pro's working again, This is a pretty simple comparison to the N6. The N6 is a better all around performer for me. It's def. missing a touch of that high end detail which makes the Pro stand out, but the Pro is just missing so much low end, it still has bass and IMO the Pro has a bit better mids they seem a little veiled in the N6. With that said the N6 is no bass monster, it has an adequate amount and it's accurate and sounds great. They are both really similar but i'm keeping the N6. Also the Pro feels a little better quality with the silicone finish on the exterior and I feel like the pro feels a little heavier maybe the button ring is metal instead of plastic like on the N6, but i'm just speculating. For $30 less it's a winner for me and I found the Auvio's to be the best sounding tips for me on the N6.

Also, I must mention the T1x in comparison is like a combo of the N6 and N6pro. It's truly a beauty. The sound stage is not as wide and the mids are def. fatter on the N6 and pro but on Bass EQ mode it really is incredible for $35-$45. However I can really crank the N6 and the T1X hurts my ears at the same volume as It's def. much brighter. I also really like the N6 pro, damnit. I just wish it had the same bass and as the N6 with all that great detail. More to come.

If someone forced your hand, and you could only get one of the two shipped to your island - and you could run them fully EQ'ed with your preferred source - and they cost the exact same - which would you keep? (N6 vs N6 Pro Eq'd for bass) ?

Thanks for the impressions!

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #18,328 of 62,366
OK, degenerates. Taking the leap on the Advanced Model X+. Should have them today, so we shall see! Threw in the Status Audio on-ears for good measure.

upload_2020-1-9_10-47-10.png

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #18,329 of 62,366
Absolutely love the NUARL N6 period. Especially with old Comply Sport foams. either T500 or T100, cannot remember.

The sound signature sounds like real live sounding music.

What size (S,M,L) of the Comply tips are you using? Do they fit well in the charging case?

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #18,330 of 62,366
Is the pro really that light on bass? I mean, since they called it “pro” it HAS to be better right?

My experience is pro is a headphone title usually means a more balanced signature. This generally means the product will not be bassy enough for some people. As to which is "better" it all boils down to preference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back