Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #18,331 of 62,691
If someone forced your hand, and you could only get one of the two shipped to your island - and you could run them fully EQ'ed with your preferred source - and they cost the exact same - which would you keep? (N6 vs N6 Pro Eq'd for bass) ?

Thanks for the impressions!
Damn, that's a good question. Pro for sure. IF I could get it to have the same amount of bass as the N6. I've eq'd it in spotify and it wasn't great IMO. My problem with the N6 is that while it has more bass, the way the mid bass is eq'd it seems to mask the detail the N6 pro has. As was mentioned by @Spamateur another thing that is disappointing is that both the N6 and Pro don't do a great job with poorly mastered tracks. The L2pro however seems to really excel with anything I throw at it. I've been playing with the L2pro Version 3 today and with the new Manual EQ it really gives the Nuarls a run for their money. Even though I still feel the N6 and Pro's soundstage is better.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #18,332 of 62,691
Here's my current EQ or the L2 pro, Version 3. Still playing with it, but with a lot of my newer rock/alternative tracks, this sounds pretty good. Props to Soundcore, but i'm an adult, Anker, I can handle adjusting the Lows. sheesh. :)

fullsizeoutput_18e0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_18e1.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #18,333 of 62,691
Can you guys please talk about brands I have actually, you know, heard of and recognise? Sometimes I think Head-fi is written in Klingon.

There's been plenty of talk about Jabra, Sony, Sennheiser, Bose in the past. Unfortunately none of these companies have released anything new lately, and to be frank none of the big, established names are doing anything interesting in the TW space except maaaaybe Sony with the XM3. A lot of little-known companies are jumping into that space as there's a clear demand, and to be frank a lot of them are putting out much better sounding TW models than the big boys. The bigger companies have much longer product lifecycles and don't seem to be as nimble in terms of iterating products to improve them.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #18,334 of 62,691
Here's my current EQ or the L2 pro, Version 3. Still playing with it, but with a lot of my newer rock/alternative tracks, this sounds pretty good. Props to Soundcore, but i'm an adult, Anker, I can handle adjusting the Lows. sheesh. :)

Damn, it only goes down to 100Hz?

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #18,336 of 62,691
There's been plenty of talk about Jabra, Sony, Sennheiser, Bose in the past. Unfortunately none of these companies have released anything new lately, and to be frank none of the big, established names are doing anything interesting in the TW space except maaaaybe Sony with the XM3. A lot of little-known companies are jumping into that space as there's a clear demand, and to be frank a lot of them are putting out much better sounding TW models than the big boys. The bigger companies have much longer product lifecycles and don't seem to be as nimble in terms of iterating products to improve them.

Jabra released their 75t few months back, and the Active version of it will be released soon. But overall yeah, none of the big audio companies really stand out.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #18,337 of 62,691
...As was mentioned by @Spamateur another thing that is disappointing is that both the N6 and Pro don't do a great job with poorly mastered tracks. The L2pro however seems to really excel with anything I throw at it. ...

Think about what you're saying. An ideal speaker / transducer, should be true to the source, resolving as much information from the signal that it can without adding its own colorations to the overall SQ. It should reveal what's there and get out of its own way. From what you've described, the N6 Pro is very good in this regard. That said, it's doing what it should do with a poorly mastered recording, which is being truthful to the source. Asking it to sound otherwise, is asking it to color the sound. You can't have your cake and eat it too. JMO, Fwiw.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #18,338 of 62,691
Damn, it only goes down to 100Hz?
Yea man, but it's better than Sony's. I forgot to mention, i'm using the stock L2pro tips. I'm having so much fun with this. taking out the 6.4 and 12.8 is a game changer for me. if you have the L2pro, play with this and then put the NUARL's in, it's crazy man. the L2pro tuned right is a straight KILLER. Still the NUARL has something different and special about it, they are both just awesome.

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #18,339 of 62,691
Think about what you're saying. An ideal speaker / transducer, should be true to the source, resolving as much information from the signal that it can without adding its own colorations to the overall SQ. It should reveal what's there and get out of its own way. From what you've described, the N6 Pro is very good in this regard. That said, it's doing what it should do with a poorly mastered recording, which is being truthful to the source. Asking it to sound otherwise, is asking it to color the sound. You can't have your cake and eat it too. JMO, Fwiw.
Well, we might as well just say to hell with all Digital Sound Processing. :grin: If I was playing on stage or mixing an album, i'd want accurate flat sound, but I'm not. I understand there's a use for both, but in my experience good audio equipment can make almost anything you put through it sound great. The L2pro is a prime example. I see your logic, but I'm not sure how many of us want pure accurate sound, If so we wouldn't be using digital audio at all etc.

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #18,340 of 62,691

this sort of observation, while making logical sense, concerns one of the things in the audiophile world that defy logic. Kind of like whether burn-in is a real thing or if PRaT is real.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #18,342 of 62,691
this sort of observation, while making logical sense, concerns one of the things in the audiophile world that defy logic. Kind of like whether burn-in is a real thing or if PRaT is real.

Um, Pace, Rythym, and Timing don't exist if all earphones have the same speed(Pace) and elements like cymbal strikes happen at the same time(Timing) and yes, the rythym part is where is goes bad cause of no concensus on what is meant by rythym but it should be the in the bass and the most evident bass element the most focus is on. So, the rythym of a bass guitar highlighting earphone has a different rythym than one that throws a sub bass kick at you over that same bass guitar and other bass elements. Some music where there is a very simple bass beat makes for argument about rythym but not much to say about rythym if not much is there in the music. Again, the debate starts and can go into which bass frequencies but don't go there cause that is where it all goes wrong. PRaT is not used very much anyway due to people not knowing what it really means and not doing a good job of describing it. It is easier to understand when heard more than described on a forum much like seeing a color than describing a color in words. That is just rythym and then you are adding in the speed and timing elements making the whole concept one of the tougher concepts to describe and understand but of course it exists.

Okay, do we have a four driver yet??? Maybe nuts but is seems to sound like it changes EQ by changing the drivers being used :)
GEEKFLYGF8f-700x700.jpg

The world's first 8 drivers TWS earphone

Touch operate

4 drivers per side

Bluetooth V5.0

IPX5 waterproof

3 kinds of sound mode

Exquisite workmanship, quality assurance

High performance large particle ceramic antenna with excellent radio signal isolation space design makes signal more stable. Add smart processor to make earphone operation faster and more sensitive.5 micron turmeric PCBA, separate audio cable, cleaner sound quality, more details.

Wearing stable and comfortable, fashion in sports

Up to a year of design and improvement, the shape and structure of the earphones accord with ergonomic, wearing more stable and comfortable.

Compared with other TWS earphones, the bulk decreased by 20% and the battery capacity increased by 20%.The capacity of the same bulk battery case is increased by 30%.

Black technology brand, speak with technology

Original ecological EQ, pure hardware technology, adopts self-developed MEAOES (multiple audio experiences) technology (3 invention patents and 4 utility model patents), and utilizes the working state of the driver, multi-line frequency division, combination of various types of drivers and other hardware designs to achieve a variety of sound effects.

Balanced armature

Composite diaphragm driver, composite diaphragm design, responsible for the middle and high frequency, there is a rounded middle frequency and high resolution high frequency, high frequency earphone details rich, round and listenable, vocal exquisite.

Dynamic driver

The titanium diaphragm dynamic on the composite dome is responsible for low frequency, deep diving, strong elasticity, high resolution, strong sense of music layers and good low frequency atmosphere.

Piezoelectric ceramic driver

Composite dual piezoelectric ceramic driver, 10 layers diaphragm high capacitance design, responsible for ultra-high frequency, can extend to 40kHz frequency response range, enhance the sound field of the earphones, enhance music background details, three-frequency is more balanced

Dynamic + Piezoelectric ceramic mode

Piezoelectric ceramic driver (ultra-high frequency) + dynamic driver (full frequency)

big Transverse sound field , high sound density , warm, strong heavy bass, high frequency background rich details , voice is warm and thick, low frequency is better flexibility, deep diving, have excellent performance on heavy bass, rock, DJ, pop jazz and other song styles.

BA + Dynamic mode

Balanced armature (medium and high frequency) + dynamic driver (low frequency)

clean sound background , high resolution, good sound density , listenable and comfortable, high frequency cohesion is good, vocal is exquisite, low frequency flexibility is good, diving deep, Have excellent performance on ACG, pop, jazz, rock, vocal, DJ and other song styles.

Hybrid mode

Piezoelectric ceramic driver (ultra-high frequency) + balanced armature (high frequency) + dynamic driver(low frequency)

large and wide sound field , rich details, high resolution , good permeability, instrument extension is good details, vocal is clear and bright, low frequency diving deep and elastic. Suitable music style widely. Have excellent performance on ACG, pop, jazz, rock, vocal, DJ and other song styles.
https://penonaudio.com/geekfly-gf8.html

Yeah, only 4 hours, but not bad given the configuration which has to be a battery hog.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #18,344 of 62,691
If anybody is wondering you can get the xaiomi Fiil T1X on Ali express. They are under the normal T1 model you just need to select the right version. I'm waiting for the price drop (Amazon don't ship to Australia)
US $67.19 20%OFF | Xiaomi FIIL T1 True Wireless Bluetooth Earphones Bluetooth 5.0 Waterproof Sport Running Earplugs Touch Noise Cancelling with Mic
https://a.aliexpress.com/lMlmbMjW

Are they better than the legendary ANBES 359?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back