Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 3, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #18,016 of 62,150
Just did an A/B comparison btw the n6 pros and the fiil t1x. Damn do the fiils sound good! I’d say the n6 pro has a bit wider stage, as the fiils are pretty narrow. There is a bit more detail retrieval in the mids and highs for the n6 pros, but it’s pretty close. Tonality is pretty similar w a little more realism in the n6s, but once again it’s very close. I’d say the biggest difference is in the imaging. I’m realizing this might be the true strength of the n6 pros. You can really pinpoint directionality and separation of instruments, and its not just random, it makes sense w the music. The fiils have a clean and more enveloping bass though, and really are fantastic for the $40 that I paid for them.
What type of music do you primarily listen to?

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #18,018 of 62,150
Wait. Rival the Tevis? i loved those, but they weren't worth $90 imo. Would you place the N6Pro higher or lower than the tevi for highs? and would you say it's an appreciable difference? i know these are first impressions, and i'll still give these a listen potentially, but if they're not a step up from the tevis aside from bass i likely won't keep them, as where my MTW is eqed fits that spot quite nicely. probably wouldn't get the n6 either, as the l2P are my go to for bassier tracks.

Yeah these definitely sound better than the Tevis. Def gonna write a full review but the n6 pros sound exceptional imo.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #18,019 of 62,150
What type of music do you primarily listen to?

:) I listen to a lot of different genres. To give you a sense here are some artists Ive been listening to a lot recently: Snarky Puppy, D’Angelo, Kendrick, FKJ, Arctic Monkeys, Bob Marley, Vulfpeck, Tom Misch, Exmag, Nujabes, Anderson Paak, DJ Grumble, A Tribe Called Quest, Bill Evans, BADBADNOTGOOD.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #18,020 of 62,150
For anyone who owns the Fiil t1x, is it just me; or do these open up significantly after a while. They are really impressive imo, especially with metal and rock.

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #18,025 of 62,150
I keep trying a couple of times (sometimes 3 or 4 times), for it to stop. This is not common with TWS at all. Even with SSK, it appears to be not normal and defective.
I have experienced the same once, but it was because the case was out of battery.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #18,027 of 62,150
What earbuds is recommended most..

That really depends on your price range. I'd recommend taking a look at scarbir.com. Seems he has a pretty good handle on sound quality, and he takes price into account.

That said, he doesn't have reviews for everything, and it seems a lot of folks here also like the FIIL T1x and the Nuarl N6 & NT01A.

I just got a pair of T1x's yesterday, so I'm still burning them in (but I like them so far!). Does anyone use the app to change EQ's and/or do burn-in? What settings do you use? Personally, out of the box, I set the app EQ to "Bass," and I set the built-in Android EQ to Custom | Bass Punch | Soundstage Off. Sounded the most similar to my EQ'd MDR-7506's.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #18,028 of 62,150
Jan 4, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #18,029 of 62,150
What earbuds is recommended most..

None. Unlike IEMs, where you can find a consensus group for various price points and genre, TWS is all over the map, with many choices and no consensus on anything due to variations on fit, features, range, etc. If you follow this thread for a while, you'll hear people like, discuss, and then complain about various wireless earbuds, and then see a smattering of dozens if not hundreds different names, with no trend or grouping centering around any one or few. Of course, I'm happy to be wrong.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #18,030 of 62,150
Is it worth , switching to wireless iems.

For freedom during activity at the expense of some audio quality which your ear may or may not be able to discern, wireless can be worthy not as a switch, but a useful addition to your collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back