Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 3, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #17,986 of 62,109
You are the devil himself. :smiling_imp: but you have a point. That's why YOU should buy the Boltune's I showed you. I need a comparison done with someone who owns some really high end BT cans. What did you say you have again? I know you just got two pair of B&W's and I think you said you own the Sony's? the Bose? Anyways, just give them a trial run and return them if you don't like them. :wink: If it's still a no go, DM me and i'll send you my pair.

I 2nd @hifi80's man. Buy the L2pro. They are phenomenal, but I honestly think they have a LOT of bass. not too much but still a lot on the flat and signature sound setting. The clarity of the highs and mids is just pristine like Caribbean beach water. :relaxed:
I received the Boltune's today, and my God, they sound awesome to me! They're super comfy and light, though they are a bit large. I went with the brown and white. We'll see how they look to the beholders

I ended up getting them for around $46 after a Lightning Deal.

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #17,987 of 62,109
Here are some first impressions of the N6 pro.
Out of the box it’s a little bass light though still punchier than the Tevis. I absolutely recommend a bass favored eq for these. On my second day of listening right now and the bass is very detailed and strikes a nice balance between tight and resonant. It’s definitely no L2P bass but a little cleaner. The mids are excellent, though a bit pushed forward in the mix for my liking. Also there’s a bit of sibilance at higher volumes. The highs have truly excellent detail and timbre, but can be a bit harsh on certain tracks for sure. My test for this is usually whether or not I can play Kendrick’s good kid mad city album since a bunch of songs (money trees, poetic justice, and swimming pools) have strident mid-high kicks that are harsh on many sets (including these). In general, the highs are still excellent, I’d say they rival the Tevis for tonality. Compared w the L2Ps, the overall presentation is a bit more laid back and less in your face, with more balance and perhaps slightly more clarity (though the L2Ps are still awesome and objectively better for certain low-end focused tracks). The sound is also less full and has less enveloping bass than the L2Ps (I wouldn’t go as far to say these are bass light though, esp w eq). I would say that the n6 pros sound a lot better on the second day of use as the sound has warmed up a little. The soundstage is decently wide, perhaps slightly wider than the L2Ps but less than the MW07s. It lacks a bit of fullness sometimes, but the imaging is great for TWS. I’d say as of now the overall sound sig is super clean, detailed, balanced mid-forward presentation, though overall a bit analytic and unemotional for my taste. If you’re looking for a flat sound sig, I’d say out of the box these have got to be at the top of the list for TWS. They are great actually imo, but 100% need bass favored eq for me. I’d also put a dip in the eq around 1-2k to reduce some of that harshness that can pop up. I’m gonna keep listening since these definitely deserve burn in time. Will probably do a full comparison w the n6, which should be coming in on Tuesday!

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #17,988 of 62,109
Lol, the case too bulky? Are you Ant Man?

It's too thick in any dimension to not bulge in the pocket. TW case designs need to be mindful of pocketability.

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #17,989 of 62,109
Just did an A/B comparison btw the n6 pros and the fiil t1x. Damn do the fiils sound good! I’d say the n6 pro has a bit wider stage, as the fiils are pretty narrow. There is a bit more detail retrieval in the mids and highs for the n6 pros, but it’s pretty close. Tonality is pretty similar w a little more realism in the n6s, but once again it’s very close. I’d say the biggest difference is in the imaging. I’m realizing this might be the true strength of the n6 pros. You can really pinpoint directionality and separation of instruments, and its not just random, it makes sense w the music. The fiils have a clean and more enveloping bass though, and really are fantastic for the $40 that I paid for them.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #17,990 of 62,109
Here are some first impressions of the N6 pro.
Out of the box it’s a little bass light though still punchier than the Tevis. I absolutely recommend a bass favored eq for these. On my second day of listening right now and the bass is very detailed and strikes a nice balance between tight and resonant. It’s definitely no L2P bass but a little cleaner. The mids are excellent, though a bit pushed forward in the mix for my liking. Also there’s a bit of sibilance at higher volumes. The highs have truly excellent detail and timbre, but can be a bit harsh on certain tracks for sure. My test for this is usually whether or not I can play Kendrick’s good kid mad city album since a bunch of songs (money trees, poetic justice, and swimming pools) have strident mid-high kicks that are harsh on many sets (including these). In general, the highs are still excellent, I’d say they rival the Tevis for tonality. Compared w the L2Ps, the overall presentation is a bit more laid back and less in your face, with more balance and perhaps slightly more clarity (though the L2Ps are still awesome and objectively better for certain low-end focused tracks). The sound is also less full and has less enveloping bass than the L2Ps (I wouldn’t go as far to say these are bass light though, esp w eq). I would say that the n6 pros sound a lot better on the second day of use as the sound has warmed up a little. The soundstage is decently wide, perhaps slightly wider than the L2Ps but less than the MW07s. It lacks a bit of fullness sometimes, but the imaging is great for TWS. I’d say as of now the overall sound sig is super clean, detailed, balanced mid-forward presentation, though overall a bit analytic and unemotional for my taste. If you’re looking for a flat sound sig, I’d say out of the box these have got to be at the top of the list for TWS. They are great actually imo, but 100% need bass favored eq for me. I’d also put a dip in the eq around 1-2k to reduce some of that harshness that can pop up. I’m gonna keep listening since these definitely deserve burn in time. Will probably do a full comparison w the n6, which should be coming in on Tuesday!
I know you described the general flavor as flat, but would it be fair to say they are perceptively flat up to perhaps the mid-to-high treble, where they may be pushed a few dBs?

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #17,991 of 62,109
I know you described the general flavor as flat, but would it be fair to say they are perceptively flat up to perhaps the mid-to-high treble, where they may be pushed a few dBs?

I would say that’s absolutely fair. After doing a bunch of comparisons, the highs are coming through on busy tracks on the n6 pro better than on most other sets. Also after some burn in the harshness has lessened, though it’s definitely on the sharper side on certain songs. I’m starting to like these actually lol, starting to get used to them and loving the crispiness.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #17,993 of 62,109
Jan 3, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #17,995 of 62,109
I mean, the case is big but it's not ARMADILLO in your trousers big.

Point I'm trying to make is that the cases should be slim. No, the MTW isn't big by any means, but it can't be called slim.

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #17,997 of 62,109
How do the APP compare to the Sonys?
Anyone try these?

Wireless Earbuds,Bluetooth Earbuds 5.0 in-Ear Stereo Headphones with 2200mAh Slide Aluminum Charging Case,Bluetooth Earbuds IPX7 Waterproof,Free to Switch Single/Twin Mode with 100Hours Playtime Utaxo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VZM7RN7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LWNdEbFV7WGR1
I had them for a couple days. Sound was underwhelming, unfortunately. Utaxo stuff just kind of sucks, which is weird because they are a Sunvalley Tech company, (Boltune, TaoTronics) Their other brands make some good stuff. I bought some boltune over the ear noise canceling cans ($65) and they are fabulous for the price, but I liked the Utaxo color scheme so I ordered them and they sounded nothing alike even though aesthetically they were identical.

I've also tried a bunch of Taotronics stuff and overall it's good. Except their $60 ANC cans, ANC is great, but the sound is garbage.
I received the Boltune's today, and my God, they sound awesome to me! They're super comfy and light, though they are a bit large. I went with the brown and white. We'll see how they look to the beholders

I ended up getting them for around $46 after a Lightning Deal.
That's great to hear! Mine had a stupid defect with the band so i exchanged them for the black version. They don't sound as good and the ANC button has a green LED light behind them. maybe i'll get another pair of the brown and silver or try the Taotronics that are the same form factor! $46 is a steal!

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #17,998 of 62,109
Iam looking for tws for a friend around 30 dollar i was thinking about the new kz s1d or is there somthing else i should consider iam not into tws

Jan 3, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #17,999 of 62,109
Time for the polarizing opinion of the day. After receiving and auditioning the MW07 Plus from @clerkpalmer I've decided I much prefer my L2Pro's. Hell, I can't say I prefer the sound of the MW07's even to my Fiil T1X's.

If it makes you feel any better, I find the MW07 to sound slow, mushy and thick with an uneven treble response that prioritizes a distorted treble spike that resembles driver breakup. I've auditioned them three different times at three different stores now and can't get them out of my ears fast enough. Whenever I see the MW07 mentioned as the "consensus best sounding" I always refrain from commenting as more people seem to love them than not, but I also am in the minority here as I love the Mavin Air-X and have yet to find anything that matches its cohesiveness, clarity and distortion-free presentation.

Again, all due respect to those who love the MW07 as it works for y'all, but they're the one TWS that I haven't been remotely tempted to purchase.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #18,000 of 62,109
If it makes you feel any better, I find the MW07 to sound slow, mushy and thick with an uneven treble response that prioritizes a distorted treble spike that resembles driver breakup. I've auditioned them three different times at three different stores now and can't get them out of my ears fast enough. Whenever I see the MW07 mentioned as the "consensus best sounding" I always refrain from commenting as more people seem to love them than not, but I also am in the minority here as I love the Mavin Air-X and have yet to find anything that matches its cohesiveness, clarity and distortion-free presentation.

Again, all due respect to those who love the MW07 as it works for y'all, but they're the one TWS that I haven't been remotely tempted to purchase.
You arn't wrong. Tastes are questionable though.

You describe it like the measurement. This isn't an ideal tonal response, particularly the treble. I've seen some treble peaked TWS people say they like here. Go figure.

MW07-1600x733.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back