Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 24, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #17,644 of 62,422
Time to try something different...

hfn9BqI.jpg

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #17,645 of 62,422
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum but I am so frustrated trying to get a seal on my mw07 that I just need to vent.

I have never had an issue trying to get a good seal with ANY IEM's until I tried MW07 and L2P. And I have owned/tried IEM's from 64 Audio, UM, Fearless, UE, Empire Ears, Hifiman, Hidition, Earsonics, Empire Ears, Sony, Westone, Vsonics, Fiio, Shure, etc.

What all have Y'all had any luck with?

I have tried Spinfits, Spiral Dots, Complys, Final Type E, Symbios, generic tips, even stretched some Westone Star tips on. The best seal I get is with Complys, (but hate foams for lack of convenience AND the way they soak up the treble). Second best seal is with Black Type E, not clear. The black is a little stiffer and helps to hold them in and keep them more stable.

I think that the mw07 does not allow deep insertion due to a combination from their BULKY housing design and SHORT stem length. This is very frustrating because they never feel real stable in the ear because they are impossible to insert deep into the ear canal. Their stem is too short and the housing fits up against the ear too close and doesn’t allow the stem and ear tip to go far enough in. Then if you somehow get them far enough in to ALMOST get a seal the housing is right up against your ear and causes a headache.

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #17,646 of 62,422
So after a couple days with them, my new Tronsmart Spunky Beats have proven to have disappointing battery life.

At 50% volume I'm getting about 2:40 with aptx on (claims 4hrs) and about 3:15 (claims 7 hrs).

I've not seen much here about them but I've been kinda interested in the newer Mavin Air-XR. Besides @bronco1015 saying it sounded cheap after searching, anyone else here try them? @deadguy99 any update after getting them?
3:15 with SBC? I had seen one review claiming to do testing and that there was indeed 6-7 hours on an iPhone (which would be AAC). Today I seemed to have got 3.5 hours on AptX via my phone and laptop from the last full charge. I suspect "battery low" warning occupies the last 10-20% of the battery.

How do you find the sound quality? I feel like the Onyx Neo tries to push for mids and clarity, but ends up sounding grainy,

One gripe I have is that when I power off one side by accident, it turns both buds off and I need to power on both buds in order to re-connect them.

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #17,647 of 62,422
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum but I am so frustrated trying to get a seal on my mw07 that I just need to vent.

I have never had an issue trying to get a good seal with ANY IEM's until I tried MW07 and L2P. And I have owned/tried IEM's from 64 Audio, UM, Fearless, UE, Empire Ears, Hifiman, Hidition, Earsonics, Empire Ears, Sony, Westone, Vsonics, Fiio, Shure, etc.

I have tried Spinfits, Spiral Dots, Complys, Final Type E, Symbios, generic tips, even stretched some Westone Star tips on. The best seal I get is with Complys, (but hate foams for lack of convenience AND the way they soak up the treble). Second best seal is with Black Type E, not clear. The black is a little stiffer and helps to hold them in and keep them more stable.

I think that the mw07 does not allow deep insertion due to a combination from their BULKY housing design and SHORT stem length. This is very frustrating because they never feel real stable in the ear because they are impossible to insert deep into the ear canal. Their stem is too short and the housing fits up against the ear too close and doesn’t allow the stem and ear tip to go far enough in. Then if you somehow get them far enough in to ALMOST get a seal the housing is right up against your ear and causes a headache.

I don't have the MW07 but I've learnt to enjoy the L2P without deep insertion. That's just the way they've been designed I think. With the L orange tips and with the "wings" keeping them in place my ear canal is "obstructed" and I get a seal in the sense that if I talk my ears feel "plugged". This is very different from deep insertion IEMs like the Etymotic XR-4 of course that are very narrow and that you ram down your ear canal (same with the Klipsch S4) but I've found that to me that's only ok for a limited amount of time and certainly not for a long and pleasant listening session like you can have with the L2Ps. So of course isolation is not great and it will only work well in quiet/noiseless environments.

Contrast to the Amazon Echo Buds that have small stems and tiny tips (even in L size), well they insert deep with little pressure courtesy of the small tips and with the wings they don't move. If you throw in ANR then you get the best isolation (RTings agrees) possible with a TWE.

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #17,648 of 62,422

I don't own the MW07, but these Azla tips are the best silicone tips for short stem IEMs that I've come across. Can be ordered from Japan via AmazonGlobal international shipping:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QVFJSWL

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #17,649 of 62,422
I don't own the MW07, but these Azla tips are the best silicone tips for short stem IEMs that I've come across. Can be ordered from Japan via AmazonGlobal international shipping:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QVFJSWL

They're on Amazon USA as well. Wish they had Lg, I've got big ear canals. Biggest they have is ML

https://www.amazon.com/SednaEarfit-1Pair-AZLA-Size-pcs/dp/B07D8W6WHJ/
https://www.amazon.com/AZLA-AZLA-SEDNA-EAR-FIT-LT-S-SednaEarfitLight-Size-pcs/dp/B07QVFJHSC/

Maybe similar to Final Type E? If they are the black ones should feel more stable/solid.

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #17,651 of 62,422
3:15 with SBC? I had seen one review claiming to do testing and that there was indeed 6-7 hours on an iPhone (which would be AAC). Today I seemed to have got 3.5 hours on AptX via my phone and laptop from the last full charge. I suspect "battery low" warning occupies the last 10-20% of the battery.

How do you find the sound quality? I feel like the Onyx Neo tries to push for mids and clarity, but ends up sounding grainy,

One gripe I have is that when I power off one side by accident, it turns both buds off and I need to power on both buds in order to re-connect them.

Yeah. 2:40 with APTX and 3:15 with SBC, give or take 5 minutes. Warning is at 20%.

If I was getting 5-6 hours I would be happy.

Sound quality is decent. Mine are not grainy. Bass mids & treble all seem fairly well balanced, nothing I would call too forward or recessed. Treble is smooth, no sparkle or air but also no sibilance.

I'll check mine and see how they act if powering one side off playing music. Edit: both power off together as well.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #17,654 of 62,422
5pjF0sd.jpg

just received these. the hybrid version. played around with it for a bit. Initial impressions wise, it sounds like the T1 IIRC, but I gave that to a friend so can't compare side by side. Sound wise I haven't really tested that many TWS or IEMs, but i think it's a V shaped sound. For my ears, i feel like the treble can get a bit intense, and i find the upper mids a bit thin sounding? The main TWS I've been using recently are the Galaxy Buds, and i don't think it sounds as good. But then again, it's many times cheaper. I've had a few KZ IEMs like ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, ZSX, and it has that slightly off (a bit steely?) timbre as well.

They fixed a couple of shortcomings like the placement of the buds in the box are now in the right order (right side for right earbuds), it uses USB-C port for charging now, and the case is smaller than it was on the T1. I think there is still a jump in volume at around 80% like the T1 I think, but not sure if the jump is less than it was before. Seems a bit better?

The game mode for lower latency does work, and as far as i can tell it's just lowering the bit rate of the audio. there is still a slight noticeably delay for games, but not as bad as it usually is for regular TWS. Maybe around the level of neckbuds like the jaybird X2 or better? Also I do feel like it sounds better on iPhone compared to android, probably just better AAC implementation. I feel the same with the Galaxy Buds too. :/

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #17,655 of 62,422
Hey guys, what will be cheapest true wireless earphones with low latency for watching YouTube and movies on smartphone. I don't care much about sound quality as I have oriolus mk2 for that purpose. Budget is around $100 max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back